1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing A Body?

Apr 9, 2007

1. My two Notdolls share a body. It's common practice for many collectors. Especially since these dolls take up so much room and are rather heavy to carry.

2. I have floating heads, but that is only because I don't have the moola for bodies yet. I have no intention of having "body-sharing," it just won't work with my crew. They are different body types. :) I'll just slowly acquire bodies as I get funding. :D

~Anrui

3. I see no problem, but I rather them have their own body.

4. I personally hate having floating heads. I only have one right now, but it annoys the hell out of me. I'm one of those people that feels that the character spreads to the body as well as the head. Plus, my El's character has a mod on his body that my Dreaming El's character doesn't have... making it even more his own body. I would love to get a new doll soon, but I might end up getting a body just for the sake of not having a floating head.

5. ... I can't do it XD
      I can't handle a floating head. I feel so sorry for them, and I become so attached. So yes, I've learned my lesson. No more floating heads. Unless they're limited.

6. I don't do this much, but my Shinsiya's body is not here yet, I put her head on the boy body for a to get pics of the faceup.I played with her/him a bit getting pics until my husband said she/he looked weird.

They are still sharing, in a sort of Futaba Kun Change way.

7. Yep! My Souldoll Lune shares his body with Narin Charisma head. Their resin does not quite match, but it is not noticeable when they are clothed. Great way to save major $$.

8. Hm... I don't recall seeing a thread like this before. Anyway, I was just wondering if some people here had dolls that shared bodies. See, I kind of want another doll to go with one I already have, but I don't want another... well... "doll". So I was considering just buying the head and having him share a body. I don't think he would be getting one of his own... or if he did, it wouldn't be for a very long time. Does anyone else do this?

9. Well I have two floating heads,they occasionally borrow bodies from my other dolls.Eventually they will get their own bodies.Personally I think it is nicer if everyone has their own body.It is easier to do photoshoots and so on.
      I think two heads and one body works best if you only want to have one doll at a time,but dont want it always to be the same one.That way it can really work well.Sometime there just isnt enough time to pay attention or play with all the dolls.
      Heh,you could alternate like a month at a time. :lol: Takes less room that way too.

I babbled a bit,hope it makes sense. *_*

10. Hehe, I'm doing this right now with the SwD Sch A from Dolpa NYC!! :lol:

Tommy(SwD Sch A) is AWESOME, I adore the mold, it's so peaceful and beautiful... but I reeeeeeally don't want another big doll around. I have way too many big ones as it is, and I don't think I could handle it(specially with a dollshe on the way!! OMG, talk about taking up space!! *_* ). So Tommy's using Otonashi's SD13 body for now. Right now I can't justify buying a $500 body for a doll who doesn't do anything, being deaf dumb and blind and all. :lol: He's always sleeping or laying around, so I just pop him onto Oto's body when I feel like snuggling him. :)

Plus, Otonashi and Tommy don't look good together, so I don't have to worry about wanting to take photos of them together.

11. I have to body share two of my dolls now, as stated previous it is inconvient should one decide they want to takes pictures of the dolls together. Of course it's great for me since I already have limited space.

I plan to, in the FAR FAR furture buy a body for the other head because the body itself would have to be modded to fit the character, but for now I'm content with body swapping. XD

12. I'll have to share a body for the dolls I'm buying next. I want a two Unoas but for now I'll have to have two faceplates and one body. In a couple of years though I'll buy a body for my other Unoa :)

13. I have a Haute Hound and he's wonderful but not quite...angelic enough to get full "air time" here - so I purchased both an IM and an SA Hound head, commissed SDink to paint them and now have THREE heads sharing that normal skin body as all the rest of my boys are whiteskin! It's been actually kind of interesting to see...which head takes precedent on which day. ;) So far, it IS working for me - but I also have seven other DS angels who lounge about the place...so I don't feel the body switiching is keeping me from enjoying having my boys out.

I think it can work - for a time.

14. Hm... yeah, at any given time I would have three dolls hanging out. And I'm moving to a dorm room soon, so it would conserve space.

Btw, Zagzagael, I think your crew is beautiful. ^^

And, Nakitama.... I know you just want me to get another doll, so I can bring him to meetups. XP

15. Three of my eventual heads will never have a body of their own. I don't have a problem with it. My dolls don't interact outside of their pairings, so I don't feel like I am missing out on on not having a permanent body for all of them. I just switch heads depending on who I feel like messing around with. It saves money and a lot of space.

16. Since mine are all specific characters, most of whom are related, I find it hard to have one or two missing. My new Williams head has stolen my Schools C's body, and I just took apart my Segi so I could get my Re-Che back. Very few of my heads are interchangeable between bodies for various reasons. It seems my School C is the one that always gets ripped apart...poor guy. :( I guess I need bodies for every head.

I do have a practice head that remains bodiless, but he's around as more of an art object so I don't miss him when he's tucked away and he will only borrow a body when I need to take photos.

17. I also had a Dollshe SA head and a DO head that shared a body for a few months. Well...they actually didn't share because I never ever put the SA head on my doll. Eventually, I realized that I didn't need or want the extra head after all and so he went to someone who loves him as he is. I like the idea of switching heads to convey different moods or expressions, but somehow it bothers me to have heads lying about.

18. I have just ordered my first doll and will buy extra wigs and eyes to bring out her alter egos, but an extra head sounds like a great idea. I may consider that too.

19. I'm planning to buy some Minimee heads, and they are all going to share 2 bodies.
      I don't see the reason to buy bodies for them all ^_^

Sabriell

20. I just bought a Na-nu-Ri 06 head to practice faceups on, until the Unoa I am ordering on the 25th arrives. At least that was the plan! But when I opened up the box I was completely unprepared for my reaction to it. Before seeing him up close I didn't think he was so pretty, now I understand why people bond with BJD. His head just sits in the palm of my hand without his eyes in, and I am completely smitten! There is no way I am leaving him without a body. I don't think I will ever be able to have extra heads unless they are the SA version of the same sculpt.