1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing A Body?

Apr 9, 2007

1. I always have body sharing going on, but I really hate it! For me personally, I always want to take pics of all my dolls together or in various pairs, so I'm always having to switch them depending on who I need. I'm incredibly lazy, so this is a major pain. There is also always one head that gets neglected, while I favor the one who has the body, so I always feel bad for that head too.

Haha, so if you don't want them together all the time or aren't really lazy, it works!

2. I have an u-noa sharing 5 heads, and a long leg iplehouse body sharing a kill-u sp and a seimei head :o

3. I love Stargate Atlantis. <3 <3 <3 I'm always at work when it's on TV though. T_T

Back on topic, I have a head waiting for a body, but I'd like him to have a body. If I do end up keeping one of the other heads I have, I doubt he'll get a body. Probably just a cloth one.

4. I have a Nanuri 07 head coming and since I won't be able to get her a body of her own for a LONG time she'll have to share a body with someone. I'm hoping she'll fit on my SD13 oldskin bw girl body....but the neck on that body is super thin, so it might not work out. If it doesn't she'll have to share a body with Kiryuu....who is an El. ^^;;; Poor girl will have to share a boy body until I can afford a female one. Erm, needless to say I really hope the SD13 body ends up working somehow.

5. I have a Soo sleeping head that I did the faceup recently and I would like to have a body just for her. I already have 2 dolls that I could use their body for the sleeping head, but I like these dolls too much to share their body. Big problem... :)

6. I have 2 floating head right now and 2 more coming. Originally they all had their own bodies but sometimes things just don't work out that way. I still prefer to get the floating heads bodies later on though I hope :sweat (not that I'd ever get them all together to take pictures or anything but still....) I really don't like them sharing *_*

7. Nothing wrong with sharing heads. I got a Na nu ri head for free but don't really want to spend the money on another body just yet so shares on occasion. Great solution for those without much money too. :X

8. Unfortunately I have never been able to do this. I feel guilty and generally end up selling one or both the heads and body.

It's worth a try, sure! If you can make it work, that's great!

Raven

9. Guilty!!! :sweat

10. I have alot of that going on right now...though I actually plan on buying all the heads their own bodies eventually.
      Right now the count is: 4 complete dolls who don't share their bodies, (Claude, Corinthienne, Shibu, and Azvasena) one doll who own his body but shares it occationally with one of my floating heads (Damaetas and Seek), then another four heads, two of whom share another body between them about evenly (Rhadamanthus and Stiletto), another of whom borrows said body less often (Kirsch), and a final head that doesn't borrow any body at all since he is just a head right now (Sensu). @__@
      ...and, I've got another body and two heads on the way...and next week I'm buying another body...with another head...who may or may not get to keep that body. :sweat

Sharing works out fine...until you realise you really miss the doll who isn't on the body at the time. :( Then you switch...and a day later you're missing the other one. XD

11. I'll be doing that soon too so don't feel alone wooo (^_^)>

12. I'm ordering a CP Yder type 2 soon, and should be getting the Nanuri2007 event head with it. They'll be sharing bodies, of course. ^^

13. I have three drawers of heads without bodies. One has HQ, fragile heads with nice faceups, another drawer with 'rough and tumble' heads (ones with imperfect faceups or not particularly fragile heads), and one with heads waiting for faceups. The HQ drawer is not over-full, and each head is carefully wrapped. The other drawers are more full, and the heads are just put in the drawer carefully but not wrapped up since they have to be cleaned before being touched up or painted anyway and a little scuff isn't going to hurt them any.

Two things determine which heads are on the bodies I have: 1. how much I like the head and 2. how easy the body is to match. So, sometimes a less-favored head is on a body that is unmatchable to a more-favored head. Anais and Shiro(as a girl) heads are good examples of dearly beloved heads that just don't really match the bodies I have right now (I'm not fond of Volks bodies, especially with more mature heads. They're just too 'young' for the faces IMHO). I need to find a NS body that matches Volks that I really like.:sweat I'm kind of hoping the new Dollstown NS 15 body will suit me.

Even with head-sharing I have too many dolls. Can someone explain to me why I STILL can't pass up another new one?:doh I see a sweet face and all common sense flies out the window.:love

H

14. I have been thinking about buying two MSD girls in the same skincolor. they would have the same kind of body, so it feels like a waste to have two identical bodies.. but im not sure yet. I think it would be best to buy them whole, and then try to feel how it goes with head swapping, and only sell the other body if it feels ok.

Does anyone have dolls that share bodies permanently, like you dont have intention to buy another body for the other head? does it work good?

15. Nope; can't do it. :) My dolls all have their own characters and I can't just share a body. The only floating head I have is a K Reminisce head that I will use for photostories, but it goes on my K's body!

16. I have 4 floating heads that will share my FDoll body once I get it. and another floating head that is sharing one of the two bodies I already have X_X no job so bodies don't come easy.

17. well my three floating head of nanuri would share the same body (since they are the same person, only disguse as other) i didn't feel like getting three bodies for each head, after all, he can't be at three places at once,would be to boring for the story.

18. it's cool if you can do that, i haven't done it so far and i feel like i wouldn't buy heads only, to share body with someone, i want my dolls to be complete dolls.
      but it sounds kinda cool that when you're bored of one you put on the other head.
      it's not for me though :)

19. I can't do it personally - most of my dolls are avatars for very specific characters, and almost all of those characters have very specific bodies - scars, tattoos, piercings, or general body size and shape so none of them can really share with the other since I've done the mods to 'complete' them on the bodies themselves. I tried doing a body share with Samara and Saiyuri a while ago because they were the most 'normal' body wise, but the resin difference between companies bugged the crap out of me and so the intent to share didn't last very long at all ^^;

20. I've had a floating head over a year now and at times I forget I even have it. *lol* I don't even count it when I say how many dolls I have. I always say I have three, but in actuallity I have four, three whole ones and a head. XD

When I bought it along with my kn Bada it was with the intention of it being a "sleeping/dreaming" mode for my Koji. Say I got bored with his usual face, I'd switch out the head and have a dreaming Koji to play with for awhile. *lol* Now, that I've started putting a faceup on it I'm considering whether I'm still going to do that, or have it share David's body. I'm sure at some point I'll get another body for it.