1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing A Body?

Apr 9, 2007

1. My Shiwoos have made it clear that they each want their own body. I can see why--they're lovers, and though oneness is important to some people, that would be going a bit far :lol:. They're also very different personalities--one is a kitsune and will have a tail, the other is a tengu and will have wings; one is an ascetic warrior, the other something of a sensualist. I prefer all of my dolls to have their own bodies. That completeness makes them more real, and easier to interact with...and means I can buy each of them his/her own wardrobe.

2. Right now, I have three heads that are sharing one body. XD;

It kind of bothers me, since I'd really love to have two more complete dolls, but:

1) I wouldn't have clothing to put on the other two dolls
      2) I can't decide which type of bodies to get

I have two Volks heads and an Abio Angel sharing the AA body - it looks fine to me, but I'm not sure if I'd rather just get 2 more AA bodies since they're cheaper, or get SD13 bodies. XD;

Ah well, I'll decide after I buy my next doll (I keep putting the bodies off. xD;) It's just not as exciting to say "I have a body coming in the mail!" as "I'm getting a new doll soon~!" (Though "body in the mail" would get some strange looks. >: D)

So basically, yes. 3 heads share one body, but it won't be staying like that. xD;;;

3. I don´t think that is is a problem to share bodies. I just ordered my first girl, a Delf Kid LItchi, but I have the intention to buy another one, and as I don´t have the money to buy her complete, I pretend to share bodies at least for a while.

Well, If the body match with the head, ´cause I really don´t know yet if it is possible use a Latiblue head on a Luts girl body.

If anyone knows, please, tell me :)

4. I've thought about this for a while.
      It would be so great if I could let my floating heads share body's with my complete dolls. XD
      But I think it would not work out for me.
      Because some day I had an floating head on Luciel's body. And after half an our I was like: I want Luciel back! D8
      So no way I could bond with that head.

I have a floating head which I love very much. He is the twin of Dresden my Chiwoo-elf. And type 2 so it's easy to swap heads.
      But I would miss Dresden to much. ;__;
      So I think he needs his own body. *sigh* no moneys...

5. I do the same thing with my molds sharing the same body. I have an SD13 body that I use for two different molds that I have. It's just that sometimes, I want to give my dolls a taller or older look and other times, it's O.K. to have them on their original default SD10 bodies. I like to mix and match a little depending on my mood or if a particular outfit requires a little more/less length.

6. I know there's many people do that, because body is sometime too much to offord.
      I'm thinking I might do that someday, with heads from K-Doll and so on, they don't have body to fit on their heads, so before getting a new body for him/her, I'll let them share body.
      After all I might think it's a good idea lol
      but I like to take pics for them together, so I think I will still get a body for each of them.

7. I am going to be joining those here who own a head with no body and see if I will be able to have two heads share one body.

I am almost hoping the body I have in mind for sharing doesn'nt match the head I am getting, because the body is part of my other doll's character and just the thought of doing it kind of bothers me. I'm glad to hear others have these same feelings and I am not just being obsessive!

8. I purchased all my boys heads from the marketplace, because I knew they would all be hybrids, and some molds arent available in the "parts" sections from delf. Two of them are still floating, and there is no way any of them can share. It just doesnt work for me.
      And one of my boys could never share with the others because he is ws.

I think its cool for those it works for, but my resin kids dont feel complete until they have their own bodies.

9. Usually I think it is a good idea - it saves money and space. That's why I also gave it a try (most important for me was the space; in my tiny room I only have space for about 4 dolls...). Well, my first try was not working as good as I thought. I have bought a Genji head and thought it's ok if he shares the body of my Soren (Volks SD13 body). But the first minutes I tried it, I knew he would need his own body!! I felt so bad when removed Soren's head... So, for now Genji's head is waiting for his body which I have on layaway at the moment.

But I will give the body-sharing idea a new try! Maybe I buy a new SD13 and he will share his body with incoming heads - but not with my Soren anymore!

10. I was planning to buy two heads and one body, but only to check which head fits my characters better-- the other one would go for sale. No, I can't imagine two of my heads sharing one body.

11. I was going to have two of my boys share the same body. But when the first of them arrived, I just knew I couldn't do it. Taking off his head to replace it with another one and shoving him into a shelf would be unbearable, terribly unfair.
      Although I often think how easier my life would be if they could share: it would help to save some moeny and I really don't have enough space for all my dolls.

12. I'm finding myself wanting to keep my dolls in pairs, one boy and one girl.

Perhaps that is why I have not had the big push to find a second body for the two boys currently sharing one. It would make me really want to get a third girl... and that is something I just cannot do at the moment.

13. sharing a body would never work for me, all the dolls I want are characters from a roleplay. How can I take photos of the cast as a group if they're sharing bodies?! :D

14. This is a dilema I've not given much thought to until recently. I just completely revised my collection...deciding to downsize my characters to smaller physical forms that would fit better into elaborate individual settings. I gradually sold off the last of my SDs and then happily spent months researching the perfect smaller sculpt for each of my 5 characters. I figured I could then purchase them slowly over this year. But then:doh wouldn't you just know it? All 5 (either as complete dolls or as floating heads) became available within 3 weeks of one another here in the marketplace at really good prices, or with face-ups I absolutely fell in love with! I just gulped:sweat and went for it! By hook or by crook I managed to get them all, but was left pretty broke in the process.

So now I'll be having 3 floating heads which has never happened to me before. So naturally, I've strongly considered having them share bodies. But after careful consideration and alot of heartfelt angst, I've realized I just can't do it...even if it means they'll be sitting in a box for a goodly portion of this year while they wait their turn in the body "savings" pool. But I sure do admire anyone who can pull such a thing off...in theory, sharing bodies is a fabulous solution.

15. I've got permanent floaters...Only 3 bodies, and 8 heads. xD I really don't have the money nor the space to house 8 SD boys, and typically I don't play with all of them at one time..so if I get tired of one, I just swap them out with another head. It works for me, I know other people want all of their dolls whole in order to bond properly with them...but in my mind, I fall in love with the face not the body; so if they are just a floating pretty face..that usually suffices for me. xD

16. i recently tried it and found body sharing is not for me. i had a WS El on my Sapphiras body as a temporary fix...it was awful. i missed my Wynnie and the El was bought for a character who is taller than the rest of my boys...on the B&G body he was too short and the resin was way off. i dont think any of my kids can share physically anyway. none of the resins match and they are way off proportionately. plus some of them have scars or tattoos others dont. and most of them are from the same story....they need to be in pics together which cant happen if i have two head per body. i dont mind floating heads (i have a permanent floater since one of my boys has two heads) so they can all just float around til i get them their own bodies XDD but no more sharing!

17. i dont have anything against that but i dont do it.

18. I have a new head coming which will work on my Kale's body, but I don't think I could ever keep him on it for any length of time. I would love to have them share, it would save so much money, but I know the few times I put Kale's head on Riddick's body before his was here, I was SO antsy to get Riddick back together as soon as possible. We'll see, but it would be fun to have more dolls with less cash going out.

19. I prefer dolls that have both their own head and their own body. I would feel bad if two heads had to share one body. I mean, really, really bad. I would feel like it would be unfair to the dolls.

But as a temporary solution, I can see it happening. Just not permanently. I like whole dolls.

20. ;o; I could never do that, it like killing them!
      I'd just work enough to get them another body, their are cheap bodies out there