1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing A Body?

Apr 9, 2007

1. I'm starting to collect a few floating heads. 2 MNM and 1 MNF. The MNF is easier since I already have another MNF with the same body. It just sucks that they have different styles and all, so I have to do a complete switch if I ever want to play with the other one.

The two MNMs will just have to sit there w/ no body for a while, because I'll have to buy whole new bodies for both of them. They're both different color resins!

2. At this moment I have Zorana and Yulia (both feeple girls) sharing the same body, and Andreiana will soon share her body with Milehva (both Soom dolls).

For Zorana and Yulia it isn't a big deal because they have a certain neck system which makes it easy to change the head.
      But for the Soom dolls it is a bit harder to do so, because I also need to change hooves and such.

At this moment they are sharing bodies since I don't have money for a body of their own. At this moment I have a lot dolls on my wishlist which have a higher priority for me to buy then just a body.

Personally I am not really a fan of sharing bodies. I'd prefer them to have their own body since it is much easier to go and play (or photograph or whatever) which your dolls because they are already ready to pick up.

And if a doll character needs something different than the other doll (like one having red fingernails and the other black, or one having tattoo's and such), it can't be done or you'll have to change those parts too. So it is more time consuming.

And if the head ages and you buy a total new and fresh body, big chances are that the resin doesn't match well. That's also another thing to not forget.

And I don't mind if I have another whole doll. But that might be also because I already own more than one doll.

3. I have had three heads sharing the one body for about a year and a half now. It wasn't meant to be that long, but other dolls got in the way. XD It is a bit annoying, especially when you want both dolls out for photos or whatever. I'm finally buying the extra bodies I need, which means I can alsot customise the bodies accordingly. One character has claws, another I was thinking of giving a tattoo, and it doesn't really work all on the same body.

So yeah, works as a temporary situation, but I prefer most of my dolls to have their own bodies.

4. That's the one thing I don't like about body sharing. I'd love for Kale to have a tattoo, but Simon and Kestrel can't and wouldn't have the same one, so none for any of them at the moment. Kale and Simon could rock the chipped black nail polish, but Kestrel would NOT wear that, so none for any of them.

5. I think it's a great idea for people who have limited space and funds, especially if it doesn't bother you in the slightest. Personally I might consider it if I realize that my space isn't enough for more dolls after I get my first.

6. By the end of the year I'll have three heads on one body. I figured, hey, they're all minimee heads and I have a minimee body, plus I don't have the space or the cash to get another/two more bodies. It'll be a spacesaver if I can just stick whoever I feel like cuddling on at the moment. Heads, wigs, eyes, and one outfit apiece are no problem compared to five full dolls!

7. Nope, nope, nope, my dolls don't share bodies. First of all I hate changing heads & secondly I feel a doll has to be complete to become a character that fits into my world. Right now I have a few floating heads that didn't match the bodies I had & I can barely wait for them to leave home.

8. Interesting to see how people differ on this . . . just goes to show how we can enjoy our dolls in different ways! :D

Personally, I wouldn't even consider two heads sharing a body, unless they were versions of the same character and the head wasn't too hard to change (such as a Minifee with a sleeping head). Floating heads, sadly, do not last long here even if I have another doll with a compatible body. Even if I plan to buy them a body, unless I get them one pretty quick then its bye-bye floating head! :sweat

9. When I first starting looking at bjds that is one of the things that appealed to me. I thought "wow I can just get another head if I dont want to remove the face up"

However that quickly changed when I started feeling bad about a head just sorta sitting there waiting for its turn.

So with my second doll which was a Shiwoo Dreaming vamp which came with two heads it was not long before I sent the second head away since I didnt want another Delf boy.

10. i thinkt there's nothing wrong with sharing a body. but for my dolls i want everyone to have their own. just because they'll all represent certain characters from a story eventually, who interact a lot with each other so let alone for photoshoots sharing bodies wouldn't work for me.

11. That's my next doll project. I'll have two heads sharing a body. :)

12. I had the brilliant plan to stop trying to buy full dolls and start buying heads. I recently bought a Nanuri 07 and thought hey, no problem, he'll just share with my El. I had him for about six hours before I realized that he wasn't doing much for me without a body. He's got a body on its way home now, and I've learned my lesson. It just seems hard to bond with something that seems temporary. My El is a much stronger character and he needs to be "around" more than the Nanuri, so it was looking like Saint wouldn't be having much air time in the long run.

13. I've never done the body sharing, and I don't think I ever will. It seems, personally, if I can't afford to get the entire dollie, I shouldn't start investing in it yet.

14. I agree that it is difficult to bond with a doll which has 2 heads *_* I just can't resist getting dolls in parts because it takes *forever* to save enough money to get one all at one go and to find one with your favourite head mold and a face up you like :sweat So my dollies sometimes has to share. But finally when it all comes together, and everyone has her own body, I am very happy :fangirl:

15. Hehe, I'm about to do this. I plan to re-house a character of mine into a MNF Rheia, and the mnf head system is just too good to pass up. I'm taking the opportunity to get the sleeping shushu I've always wanted as well as afemale vamp woosoo, it's simple enough just to swap heads out when I want a different doll or model for a photo/outfit.

I'm also contemplating getting a sleeping rhoda head when I order my rosy. I love the head but don't want another SD doll around outside of a specific character set I'm housing.

16. I prefer all my dolls to each have their own body.
      Sharing a body would feel like the character could never fully be complete, and it would limit me to one type of skin tone.

17. I tried it..I bought a lot of heads, and would just swap them onto bodies when I felt like it. I found that I just couldn't connect with them. I have since sold most of my floaters. I had one that I held onto for as long as I could- telling myself that sharing a body is fine..and I found that as much as I liked the doll, I just couldn't justify keeping him when he would never get a body here. So I've just sold him. One floating head left- and he's a type 1 Delf, so it's a pain in the butt to swap heads with the others. He's just going to have to wait for his body.

18. My characters are going to be interacting with one another, so they have to have their own body. Plus, I feel that a doll isn't as "complete" without his/her own body.

19. I have two (or three) groups of body sharring at home.

Littlefees are made to body share. A quick flip of the wrist, the faceplate comes off, a quick snap and another doll/character is there. I keep eyes in all my faceplates (currently have 8 faceplates, four more comming - though I have sets of open eye & sleeping). I'll only keep two bodies so they can play or pose together. They really are fun to have two together to work off each other. I can also have 2 boys, 2 girls, or 1/2 and 1/2 if I want.

I have two minifee heads sharring one body. Again that toggle in the neck makes swapping out heads easy and I get two girls for the price of one (kinda). Since both characters don't deal with each other I don't need them in the same place at the same time. In fact I might sell one head and just get a full doll in a different skin tone.
      I also have a Domuya body with two heads, but since I like one face-up better than another they don't share. Once I get the other head painted to my satisfaction that will change and I'll have to switch them out every so often.

Now the trouble is 4 heads for one body situation; one full lati red boy with another lati head sharring with two Migidoll heads. Not good. My goal here is to have another lati red body so I can always have two boys at the same time. It might be because I want to have two SD boys at the same time. While I can have 2 msd or yo-sd boys or girls anytime I want. I have 2 full msd boys.

I guess I like the idea of having just enough bodies to supply a nice picture, 2 of each, and yet have all the sculpts I want while saving money.

So I guess it really up to how I feel about the size and the dolls which is out.

20. If it works character/story-wise, the whole body-sharing actually sounds like a great idea...the idea that your dolls don't interact with one another outside of certain pairings would make this work perfectly XD

However, for me, body-sharing would probably be an impossibility.....@__@
      All of my dolls interact in some way with one another (and also interact with those dolls belonging to someone else *cough*mybrother*cough*), and quite a few of them have very different body types to begin with.
      I actually currently own "2" dolls, but one lacks a body. They're both Delf heads (Harang + SS Harang) buuut...I've never had my SS Harang on the body since the two of them got home x__x Granted, their characters are twins, so they need to interact, but it almost seems as though my Harang owns the body, and I honestly just wouldn't feel right taking his head off of it to let his twin have some body-time :sweat I feel bad, but I figure he'll get his own body soon enough...XD

At least he's not "floating" though...he's actually on an action figure's body... :?
      He definitely gives me a good laugh...though sometimes he's a little disturbing XDDD (and now the action figure's head is off floating somewhere nearby...@__@)