1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing the attention - how do you do it?

Feb 8, 2011

1. I tend to go through phases. The new resin always gets a bit more exposure and play when they arrive, getting to "know" them an all that, but after time, I just dress up or photograph or whathaveyou with whichever one strikes a chord on a given day. The smaller ones get to go out more if I feel inclined to leave the house with one, and sometimes I like to have the bigger ones around when I watch TV or whatever.

2. I have favorites that I tend to make clothes for more, but when it comes to traveling to conventions, they all go. In fact, it's gotten to the point that I'm looking into getting a special large suitcase just to tote all of them around in ( the SDs will have to have their own separate case, and I'm debating on making it out of a cello case.)

3. I don't have favourites - I rotate whoever is out and the rest stay in their boxes. I have two floating heads and they regularly get to go on bodies. So they're never neglected either just because they don't have a body that's just theirs. I tend to have dolls out for days or a week or so at a time. My two MSDs however are more likely to be out all the time. Right now one of them, an OT doll, is in her box, but she'll be out anytime, changed into a new outfit, and she and my other MSD will no doubt be sitting back on the bookshelf again. The SDs tend to sit or lie on the bed. I don't usually leave them in the livingroom. I find I miss particular dolls if I haven't had them out for a while, so I go by mood.

4. I tend to go back and forth with a "this one's my favorite" attitude or approach. LOL Especially when a new doll comes in. But I'll go on long periods of being neglectful of my dolls and then all of a sudden there will be periods of carrying one around the house for days.
      But yes, some of my dolls need occasional dusting. I do have some BJDs that work better as display dolls rather than play dolls. I just can't bring myself to sell them.

5. This. I also have "groups" of characters in my doll collection, and tend to focus on one group for a given time period (anything from a few days to several months), then my attention will shift to a different group for a while, and so on.

6. My dolls love for me to sew for them, so this is the best and easiest way to make sure I am spending time with each of them. I still have some that I sew for more than others of course. My MSDs tend to get a little more neglacted for some reason, but all I have to do is look in their little clothes tubs to see who has more clothes than the others. So I tell myself, I haven't sewn for you in a while.
      As for snuggles, again my larger dolls are my favs. The little ones just don't have enough wieght to them when I want I doll to throw across my legs on the couch. River (my IH Ryushin/Dollmore Adam) is a lighter weight SD so is really great for watching movies with. Of course he is blind so he mostly just listens or sleeps. XD

7. I'm having trouble deciding who to take on holiday with me to the beach, it's a toss up between all of them (I have 5) or just Kaitlin (who will always come, seeing as she is a tiny.), My and Fred, because Kyoya still needs his hand fixed, and Usa-Chan needs new clothes and possibly shoes though she might come too, or just Kaitlin and My, seeing as I'm making My a new beach bag, new costume and got her new shoes/clogs.

8. I will admit to being a little ridiculous when it comes to anthropomorphization of inanimate objects-- maybe more than a little ridiculous-- so I do kind of care about 'being fair'.

Right now I don't have anyone who isn't easy enough to transport, so I switch things up instead of always taking the same boy/s to meets/on holidays. I do tend to do more sewing for Vince than for either of my other boys, but he's my little fashion plate (and my first-- so as the oldest child myself, I guess I do more for him sometimes so that he doesn't feel like I'm spoiling the newer dolls? I don't know, that might be too much even for me...). Billy is a little easier to take in my purse if I don't feel like lugging the doll carrier around, so once or twice I've sneakily brought him along with me on days that I knew would be stressful while my bigger boys stayed home, but all in all, I try not to 'play favourites', because I love 'em all.

Still and all, I do get how that translates to different things for different dolls-- for Billy it means more carrying him out, for Vince it means more clothes, while for Pete it means trying to track down the perfect materials for the one perfect outfit, and posing him just so before I drape a cloth over them all and leave them.

=^__^=
      Anneko