1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharmistha - Full-figured Doll

Dec 19, 2010

1. Oh wow! I'm so happy that there is finally a body sculpt out there like this. If my finances ever recover from buying and clothing two new dolls, I will be thinking seriously about buying a Sharmistha body.

I agree about the nipples looking a bit poky, but I suppose one could make them more subtle with sanding. I also agree about her bottom wanting a little more definition, but all things considered, I think she's got a great figure.

Hurrah for curves! :)

2. I love it. There should be room for every body type everywhere, including this hobby. This is a real step forward!

3. There are a few things that could be tweaked here and there- everyone seems to feel the feet are too small, but that is an easy fix (and if the nipples are too "at attention"- a little sandpaper will take care of that, lol). Overall, though, I think it's great. I'd love to see a better head on it- the one shown kind of scares me a little. Some of the pretty boy heads that are a bit too large to be used on a thin girl body might really work on this one.

4. I personally think it's an interesting concept, but for me, there are little things that just bother me and don't seem executed well.
      I understand the idea that the idea was to make it work with SD girl shoes and SD girl heads, but they just don't seem to be working with the proportions.
      The limbs taper out to tiny arms and feet way too quickly. I like the idea that someone suggested of going up and doing SD boy shoes rather than SD girl. We'd have to give up cute dale rae flats and heals, but I think it'd be worth it to have more proper proportions.
      The neck also bothers me a lot. It's great that it works with multiple heads, but it's just too thin for the size of the body. BJD necks are already extremely thin and long, and it's just exaggerating that when you have a full figured body. And with people moding dolls to fit on larger necks quite often, I wouldn't think it'd hurt too much to re-sculpt that and just let people mod the neck if they'd like.

I'm standing by the people on the nipple deal, that it works, and for those that are bothered, they can sand away. :)

Over all, I like the concept, but I personally think it needs longer on the drawing board and careful redesigning of extremities to make them work.
      But kudos for trying this out :)

5. To clear up any confusion, the Sharmistha body has been submitted to the Moderators and approved as an on-topic optional body for 60cm doll heads. The artist head pictured with it in some of the earlier photos has not yet been submitted or evaluated. As such, discussion of the head is off-topic for the time being.

6. I would definitely like to see a range of photos on how she sits, both on chairs and "on the floor", and her range of motion in the arms, and how she does poses like kneeling and any torso bending.

7. I'm new to the hobby and haven't done my own modding yet, so sanding is more daunting to me than most. :) There's also, I think, the unfinished resin spots let behind by such action to deal with, especially on the African American version. If companies won't sand the seams on darker resins because of the aesthetic, who am I to.

As for feet, some companies will do a more proportial basic foot but offer a smaller sculpted or sock foot option to fit a larger range of shoes.

8. OMFG love the body so much! I can't stop tracing my eyes on the curves! O GAWD the curves! I love it because I really can't relate to this body ( actually I can't relate to any of the female bodies, except Volks SD10, but if it were taller w/broader shoulders longer limbs and smaller chesties :lol:)

To me, this is a fantasy body! Like Titian's Venus! I love the expression in the hands and her tiny feet! her feet are so cute! I love the dark resin too! Nepenthes, do you think it will match Dollstowns Tan? I can't wait to see what pple would do with this body-not really sure if I'd buy it because I don't have any characters in mind for this type. But if I do, I think I'd want her in dark resin! And with an Elysia head! squee!

More pics of her in less frumpy clothes please! like that green ensemble your Soony is wearing!

9. Interested to see more posing photos and head matches, interesting concept, quite well done!

10. I remember her from when the artists' doll subforum was still up. She looks great! You finished her up beautifully.

11. Holy cow a full figured doll!! I LOVE IT! That is SO cool!

12. i agree with you 100% i think this would work much better if the neck was thicker. i am quite curvy myself and i know my face and neck are different now than 30lbs ago lol! i think that is the main reason the normal thin face and neck tend to not work as well. but i must say i have seen girls that are curvy that have small hands and feet, but the ankles ad wrists tend to be thichker…. idk if that would work out well in a doll tho.

13. Here are some of her measurements. I hope this helps give you an idea of her size. I am still working on getting some better clothes made for her. Once I have some, I will get new pictures posted.

Thanks for all of the great comments!

* width of shoulder : 13cm

* Length of from "shoulder to wrist" : 18cm

* Circumference of wrist : 6cm

* Circumference of chest : 30cm

* Circumference of waist : 22cm

* Circumference of hips : 35.5cm

* Circumference of neck : 9cm

* Circumference of ankle : 7cm

* Foot size : 6.4cm

14. Oh YAY! I *thought* I recognized the one picture... Phew, I'm not imagining it. Yes! I thought it was a great idea when you started it, and I'm glad to see the project wasn't abandoned. :) Congrats!

15. This type of sanding is very easy- you simply use a sanding block that looks like a sponge with sand all over it- available at any hardware store. Sanding dark resin is difficult or easy depending on how the resin is colored. If the color is all the way through the resin, it generally isn't a problem. It can leave a white residue but wiping that off and then spraying with MSC should take care of it.

As far as feet- I've made boots and shoes that were too big work by simply stuffing the toes with pieces off of a cotton ball. (or even just tissue paper)

16. I agree that the neck looks a little odd and I would prefer it slightly thicker; however, I like the feet. :sweat Seeing her dressed and with the Soony, I don't think the arms and legs look that bad thin, and not everyone who is larger in that way has larger feet and hands. She is the same height as the Soony, and if they were real people, it is highly possible that both would wear the same size of shoe. Of course, as others have mentioned, if someone really dislikes the feet it would probably not be difficult to replace the feet with larger ones.

17. OH MY GOSH I HAVE to get one of these bodies for my Harin girl!
      I too would love to see some new pics of this body nude, posing, with an On Topic head. I'd like sitting shots and kneeling.

18. I love this, and I second Rosslyn's wish for nude posing pictures :D

19. This is fantastic, I can't wait to see what people will do with this concept. There needs to be more full figured bodies on dolls!