1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharmistha - Full-figured Doll

Dec 19, 2010

1. Thanks for getting back to us with posing pics!

Ooh, I like how the knees and elbows look so far. Very natural to my eyes.
      Could we possibly see some side on views of her sitting on a box prop, to see how upright she can sit unsupported, feet on the ground? That would be great.
      Also, I would like to see any poses that use the under-the-bust joint. Does it let her bend, or just twist?

Are orders being done through email, and do we know the expected wait time for this body?

2. I will try and get some sitting poses shot in the next day or two. As for the waist joint, it is there mostly to help reduce weight. It's not so good at posing.

As for ordering. Yes it will be through email. I am working up all of the specifics right now which will be posted on my blog. Wait time will be about 4-6 weeks.

3. I remember her from the artist's subforum! It is great to see her finished. I am looking forward to seeing what people do with her and your future projects. ^_^

4. Thank you very much for the posing pictures, Nepenthes.

5. Yes, thanks very much for the new pictures! I'm with Rosslyn on liking the knee and elbow design.

6. Ooooo I love her! I would definitely be interested in buying :D Its so refreshing to see a more curvaceous doll body!!!

7. Oooo, I love the new pics! Thank you for posting them. I want to get her for sure. <3 ....time to start building up my doll fund again! XD

8. I'll definitely be getting this body when I have the money! She'll be perfect for my Rubens-era succubus :D

9. I've ordered one of these ladies from nepenthes, and I'll post some pics when she arrives. So far I'm really pleased with nepenthes' responsivesness, communication and updates--I asked for a more tan resin and he sent resin samples so I could choose what shade I wanted. Can't wait to get her!

10. Oh please spam piccis as soon as you get her,seems very very interesting doll ^^

11. Any more news on this bodacious babe?

12. To answer rosslyn--I have mine! The body is beautifully made, finished, sanded, and strung, and wow is she heavy! By "heavy," I mean actual weight of the doll; substantial body shape means a lot of resin. The doll is definitely handmade; nepenthes sent me pictures as the doll was cast etc. there's no factory assembly-line anything about this doll. I can't express how much I appreciate this kind of craftsmanship. She stood right out of the box, she holds poses, she sits rather naturally, and I'm looking forward to designing for this girl. The details on the hands and feet are excellent, and she has the only realistic female genitalia I've ever seen on a doll--I'm very impressed by that. nepenthes's pics are good representations of the actual doll, but all the same, I will be posting a real-life pic or two as soon as I can (fair warning: I am not a photographer, I'm just a nerd with a camera and an iPad).

If anyone has questions, let me know!

13. I am glad you like her and had a good experience. I look forward to seeing your pictures!

14. i remember seeing this body as a WIP and wow it has come out really nice, now that it's finished! i also wish the feet were bigger as i am a large woman with large feet. but i know there are also many large women who have small feet, so actually she is realistic in that sense...

15. I was recently going through a neglected area of the house and discovered the original feet I sculpted for Sharmistha. These are larger and I think better looking then the ones I made molds from. I have no idea why I abandoned them. I will be finishing them up and get molds made from them soon. Anybody that has one of the dolls will automaticly get the new feet sent to them.

16. I need to find a way to fit her into my doll family. She is so beautifully sculpted :D
      Mother of LittleFee Bisou, Ante, and Leah triplets anybody?
      Somehow I need to make her happen one day... so gorgeous.

Even being particularily tiny now, I wasn't always, and its really refreshing to see a doll that doesn't look like a little cloned society ideal. Big and beautiful :D

17. I really don't like the body, the idea of a fat doll just doesn't resonate with me well though I completely respect the artist for making one etc.

I really am not a fan of it because even though she's supposed to be "full figured" she's still idealized (no back fat folds, tummy hanging down, cottage cheese thighs) I've never met a fat person that looked like that naked. Plus if you changed the lower torso to "normal" looking it would be a relatively normal looking doll (with giant boobs). I respect the artist etc. but this is the reason I dont feel anything good towards this body

#78 IpLemons, Jul 13, 2011
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
    18. I agree with IpLemons on this

19. She is quite stylized, but the style is consistent throughout the sculpt. Someday I'd also like to sculpt a bigger bodied doll, and my own work might go a different direction, but I do like this body for being what it is- A graceful, stylized version of a plus-sized shape. Because I prefer realism to stylization myself, I think I like how this body looks in clothes better than the nude shots.

Can anyone who owns this doll give us some more posing pics?