1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Shelling Trans OCs

Jun 14, 2016

1. At least one of my dolls is a binary trans person. Her name is Rose, she'll be on a Doll Chateau Fergus + A-body-04 (a male body).
      The only reason I keep her with a male body is because in-character she never had the opportunity to transition via processes like HRT and SRS, but that doesn't stop her from presenting herself as she truly is. She's still a beautiful lady in my eyes, and in her girlfriend's.:chibi
      There's also Moonsong, who is non-binary, she's agender, but she uses female pronouns to keep others at ease. If we go into more detail, the fact is she's an alien and physically has no sex (not male nor female).

2. I'm just really happy to see this thread (both as a trans person myself & as somebody who loves dolls with diverse bodies) - it often seems like there's a lot of really casual cissexism in the BJD world & I'm relieved to see other trans folks talking about their dolls! Also glad that cis folks with trans dolls in this thread are listening to their trans friends.

My first (and only, at the moment) doll is cis, I guess? Which sort of struck me as a surprise, seeing as most of my existing characters are some kind of trans, but really I just fell in love with a sculpt (DIM Larina) and the character kind of followed. Her gender may develop more in the future, who knows.

I love seeing mods of trans dolls - has anyone done mastectomy scars or put together a female-assigned torso with a male-assigned pelvis, etc? I feel like there's a lot of potential with BJDs to create really beautiful combinations. Eventually I'd love to get into sculpting, I always want to see more diversity in terms of body size, disability, gender, etc.

3. [​IMG]

My Alexei is genderfluid. I'm non-binary myself so it makes me happy to see the representation within the hobby :)

4. I have a trans OC (FtM), I don't have them in doll form yet but for them I'm planning to get a biologically male doll as the character has transitioned (if there were some more androgynous female bodies I might have decided differently, but most of the ones I see are pretty decidedly feminine, which even with my character's non transitioned body he wouldn't have been. So medical transition it is!)
      Otherwise I have some non binary characters like Aleksei who is AMAB but more of an androgynous/agender person. So I have them on a male body. I think it all depends on the character, some may have characters that can't or don't want to medically transition, some may have transitioned in their story like mine, etc. :)

5. I'm thinking about putting mastectomy scars onto my FtM character when I get his doll form. I've never done real modding before so I'm a bit scared and I might just see if I can paint them on so as to have less chance of damaging the doll (really want him as a Volks SD or SDGr boy and they're not too cheap... >~< )

6. I'm really glad I sort of revived this sort of stagnant thread because it's nice seeing other people commenting here again! It's especially encouraging see others trans people in the community, and seeing all of us, and our trans-dollies, being accepted with such ease! :cheer
      And even the cisgendered folks being so respectful to their trans-dollies, and informing themselves so aptly!

7. Oh my god I have a nonbinary Aleksei as well (spelled a bit different but :XD:) I love that. Your Alexei looks great :D
      Here's mine!
      [​IMG]IMG_20170130_094805_356 by thebodyvolcanic, on Flickr

8. I've had a trans woman doll, and a genderfluid one in the past.

The trans woman doll had a very slender male body (old Dollzone 70cm), but when dressed usually passed easily as female. She also had a female faceup and only owned feminine clothing. The character opted not to have any surgeries at all, though always identified as female.

The genderfluid doll also had a very slender male body (Doll Chateau Kid), and alternated between dressing very feminine, very masculine, or androgynous. Preferred pronouns and gender identity changed regularly, though the character was assigned male at birth and tended to use male pronouns more often than female.

9. I have plans for my dolls to have various genders. I think it is a great idea for expression with creativity and a great way to represent the real world.

(As a mother my daughter's future rests in how we make the home world around her full of variety. I even plan on getting her transgendered dolls as she grows up because as my husband and I figured: we don't know what her gender is, because she is two. She should have a positive image of all people. Actually she does have a non resin bjd she loves. We are waiting for her to tell us what they are.)

10. Oh! I have a little trans girl character. Long story short, she was somewhere where she had no choice but to be her birth gender, and then was able to go back to her "True Home". And found that the folk there didn't really care if she said she was a girl, just accepted it as fact. She's around 8, so she wouldn't be able to physically transition yet. But sadly I decided she was trans after I ordered her, so she has a female body.

Another doll of mine is proooobably some kind of male-aligned nonbinary. But he doesn't really care to specify, he's got more important things to do.

And I currently have an agender (and physically sexless) character I want to shell, but it's probably gonna be a while before that can happen. They're chubby, have a gender-neutral body, annnnd three eyes..... not exactly the easiest things to find, even if I hybrid >.>

11. I'm not sure about the body, but I know Only Kids, Loong Boy has three eyes!

12. What A_Grand_Leaf said ^. Loong Dragon from Only Kids has 3 eyes! I have him. He is wonderful. :) I have his character being asexual. As for chubby, he is rather thin, so you might need to mod or hybrid?

13. ooh! another sculpt with the eye being vertical! i was looking at 5stardoll Dark since I also want grey skin, (why must this character be how they are) but I don't think they offer grey as of recent

14. It is possible to dye the doll yourself, I think there's a tutorial here on DoA in the workshop :) Of course, if you're new to modding then I understand how intimidating that is!

15. @TheBodyVolcanic They're adorable! I think Aleksei/Alexei is a great gender-neutral name (if more on the male side.) I wish my own name was more androgynous *_*

16. My one transgender character is Arial (like the font, not the mermaid).

I used a male Doll Legend body that I modded to be female mostly because I wanted her to be very muscular (she's got kind of a biker gang look to her--I was reading a bit about the Bikers Against Child Abuse at the time after watching a documentary about them, and I found a huge online source of authentic Soviet feminist tattoos online that inspired me to try tattoos on a doll). She's going to have an entire leather wardrobe, which is a nice contrast to the uniform she wore earlier in life.

I think I also wanted to try a FtM mod, and used this as an excuse to try a different, more natural (although "natural" has a wide range of styles) breast silhouette (a nice change from the crazy breasts that some dolls seem to have which seem to levitate). I wanted her shallow and wide-rooted, which is a breast shape that can sometimes result from hormone replacement.

I know someone with this breast type, and I was always very jealous that she could wear clothing without a bra and walk down stairs pain free. I'm glad to have a doll I can live vicariously through in this small way! As a result, I'm going to give her a spaghetti strap top for one of her outfits just because I can.

17. It's so cool hearing about all the different ways that people approach trans characters in resin!

My boy Zach is trans, and for him I chose to stick with an unmodified small-bust Unoa body. As a character, he's chosen not to pursue any medical or surgical procedures because he feels strongly that his identity is no one's business but his. No one else gets to decide whether or not he's "proven" his gender, and no one else gets to tell him how he should or shouldn't express it. He's comfortable with his body for the most part. It's his, and he's a man, so it's a man's body. I made a little tiny epoxy packer that he wears in some pants, but not others, and it's important to me that he can wear or not. He also has a fitted tank top that serves as a binder to smooth out his chest under other clothes, although as flat as Unoa bodies are it's not super necessary :)

18. I absolutely LOVE Arial's character concept and would love to see photos of her with her tattoos!

19. @hellomagpie

Aww! Thanks! Im on mobile right now, and a couple states away from this doll, but I'll see if I have some pictures stored on my computer tonight!

I really like her and her character--she doesn't let herself be intimidated, and I wish in some ways I was more like that!

Edit: I don't seem to have any close ups of the tattoos. Here is the only photo I have of the body with tattoos:

[​IMG]

The naked woman you see is feminist graffiti found on a wall in--I think Cairo, but I haven't been able to find a definitive source. I wanted Arial's tattoos to represent the struggle that women face all over the world, rather than limiting their meaning to one particular type of feminism or perspective.

Here is the reference photo of the tattoo on her shoulder--I think it says "I'll make you remember me," but I have a thing about writing words when I don't actually know the meaning, so I just used the image as inspiration. I think, If I remember, I changed the horse's neck and woman's pose a bit in mine.

[​IMG]

I'm still debating on whether to redo the tattoos so that they are more cohesive and more original, although I will still use graffiti and tattoos from different places as inspiration. I wanted to work the gold writing into the tattoos more as well.

I like Eurydice as sort of the foundational inspiration for this character, but her name and personality are actually more closely inspired by a character created by Isabel Allende who chose her own name too, "Belisa Crepusculario." Belisa also leaves a restrictive society and learns that words, and the concepts they describe, have power.

By learning to create her own stories, Belisa sort of "flips the script," on the societal expectations forced upon her, and teaches this means of acquiring freedom to others through her storytelling. The power of determining one's future is transferred from society to Belisa herself, who can now write her own "story."

Ideally, the tattoos and golden script would work together like an Illuminated manuscript, to tell the story of Arial's life. They would combine the history of her parents people, who abandoned her as a baby under mysterious circumstances; of her adoptive city, who originally raised her as a boy, but eventually recognized her as a girl; and her new family, who provided her the freedom (or need) to become her own person, and a kind of a hero.

#39 americanseamstress, Feb 16, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    20. I bought the one they were born with. I haven't really planned everything out just yet. :whee: