1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Shelling Trans OCs

Jun 14, 2016

1. I have a trans OC I would love to shell as a doll in the future! She's part of a Magical Girl trio. I don't see getting her any time soon but that's all right. I've really been mulling over what sort of hybrid I want to do. I know I want her on a non-modified "male" body though.

2. For dolls, I only have one trans OC right now, Vissarion. He's amab and gender fluid. Right now I'm trying to finish his A (male) Look, before moving into his B (female) Look. His verse is pre-modern and medical transitioning isn't a thing, so he won't get modded or anything. One of my some day-dolls, the Doll Love Beata, is going to be based on a historical figure and will also be a transwoman... random fun fact: between my bro and I, all of our SD ladies, present and future, are transwomen. (We have no transmen for some reason...)

Also Otakar, my Spiritdoll Lemongrass, is intersex but cisgender, so related but not the same. :XD:

3. My first big modification was sanding the breasts off a Mirodoll 60cm girl! Liam is a gnc trans man and I think he looks pretty good!

4. Most of my characters that I’ve considered shelling aren’t human at all culturally or physically, so although they might be something like trans or cis by their culture’s standards, they don’t map perfectly to our own concepts of trans or cis in Western culture. For instance, Murmur, an ant woman, is a Queen ant, which in ant culture is seen as a gender (along with Worker and Drone); you’re not really assigned Queenhood at birth, but in adolescence, so that’s trans in one sense, but it’s very different from our culture where gender is assigned at birth and not being that gender is looked down on...

I do have a naga trans man character who I want to shell (the naga conception of gender in my fantasy world is pretty similar to the predominant Western concept) but I don’t have money for a body for him yet. >_>

And Chalcedony is a trans woman, but I haven’t seen a body I like for her on account of the fact that I really want her in 1/8 scale that would fit her current clothes and props well to replace the non-BJD I have her shelled as now. I’m happy to do mods as needed, so it doesn’t matter if it’s originally intended as a female or male body (her plastic doll body is hybridized from different plastic dolls with some pieces from either), but the scale is touchy.

5. My next doll project is a FtM to be Cherry's partner. He won't be post-surgery at all, but we're definitely talking presenting as male.

6. My doll is trans! He's FTM. I didn't modify the body at all -- I bought a male body which looked relatively androgynous, and picked up some nice trans pins from a local convention. I think I'm going to add surgery scars at some point, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

7. I have an OC named Columbine who I wanted to shell, and while I was looking around at bodies and face molds for her, I found that I really preferred more elegant/noble looking 'masculine' molds for her look, so I ended up ordering a 'boy' doll for her (Luts Model Delf Bliss, faceup 2 with slender body type). She wasn't originally explicitly trans, but she is now! She works as a groundskeeper at a graveyard and lives onsite, and she's a bit of a shut-in girl who prefers to keep to herself. She's not really the type of person to experience much dysphoria or feel the need to medically transition past hormone treatment, so it's not really an issue if her body is 'masculine,' and I think the slender body looks fairly androgynous anyway. I'm really excited for her to arrive.

8. I don’t have trans. But I crossdress my minifee woosoo and dream of doll tender too and boy they are so cute :love

9. I plan to have at least two established trans/non-binary OCs shelled as bjds. Currently, only one of those two is shelled.

Azabien, who's my non-binary OC, was born literally gender fluid—with the innate ability to change their physical form at birth. Azabien tends to use neutral they/them pronouns as they weren't born either distinctly male or female. I have them on the Resinsoul slender 70cm body, as it is rather slender and shapely for a supposed male body. The RS body has some curve to the hips, and it also has more rounded and softer pecs—which look look closer to A-cup breasts than male pecs to be honest. It allows Azabien to have a rather androgynous appearance.

I only have plans for the other one at the moment, but I eventually plan to shell my other trans-male OC, Qaiden, on a Star Male Impldoll body, with Impl's Plaice head sculpt being the one I eventually plan to use for him. Qaiden will be a fully transitioned male at the age I plan to shell him at, having gone through transition at a younger age.

In-universe, there is a particular group (nation, society? I'm blanking on the correct word) who's particular magical specialty is fluidly themed—including physical transformation (shape-shifting). Many individuals from that group are capable of changing their physical appearance and gender at will (it's a skill that takes practice to master to varying degrees depending on the individual), while some have a specialized talent in providing others with physical transformations to a degree. An individual with the ability has very little set limits to their own physical transformations, but there are some limitations to the transformations/transitions they can do on others. In Qaiden's case—that means that he is outwardly physically male for the most part. That's the furthest extend the transition could go, however. (I could go further, but the explanation gets rather long and complex).

I'm taking some liberties considering both are from a magically based fantasy world, but they are both in essence trans/non-binary. It's a bit of an extension of myself, as I have only more recently come to the realization that I am genderfluid (I'm still learning a lot about the concept, as it seems gender/sex identities are constantly evolving as society grows to further understand them).

10. Yep! Of course! Fuyuki is a pretty young child who was born male but quickly started identifying as a female. Her story is one about growing up into your identity and she is the only trully transgender character in my doll family.

Then there is Yukihiko who identifies as both male and female. They were born male and use male, female and neutral pronouns interchangeably. Parfait on the other hand are the complete opposite. They are a gender neutral individual born female, they don't identify as male or female and generally dislike being addressed as anything but neutral, or people making assumptions about their gender.

11. I currently have a trans doll in my possession (although I will be gifting him to a friend), I gave him top surgery scars as part of his body blushing :)

12. I hadn't considered sanding down a chest for use as a male or neutral doll but it makes sense and has appeal. I'm not in love with any of the male sculpts I've seen as I tend to prefer a more lithe body shape. All my characters are bigender, hermaphrodites, or gender fluid, so the idea has a lot of charm.

I plan in general to buy "female" bodies but for sure the characters going into them will not be girls.

13. I have a doll whose character is trans. I didn't plan a character for him before he came; I rarely do that with my dolls. His sculpt is typically used for female characters, but when he arrived, I got distinctively masculine "vibes" from him. I tried to put him in one feminine outfit after another, and none of them felt right. Finally I came up with a masculine character design for him, and that went swimmingly. Now he has a masculine outfit custom made just for him, and a beard, and I couldn't be happier with him.

14. I have a Doll Chateau Nicola-A fullset on layaway, and he told me that he was a transboy, despite having been born female. I'm not actually going to modify him physically in any way, but he will wear a binder and clothes to make him look outwardly male. I'm not sure if I'm going to change his canon wig in any way, I'll know more details, including his name, once he comes home.

I also have Ryuma aka Reyna, an OC that's genderfluid, but they more often than not dresses male. As a male, he's shy, quiet and withdrawn, but when she's female, she's open, self-assured and an extrovert. She comes out when they're in situations where she needs to be strong in the public's eyes, which often happens since Ryuma/Reyna is a mangaka/manga artist.

Ryu

15. OC means "origional character." :)

Yes, my thoughts too! I really love seeing so much love and interest in creative expression with trans characters and dolls...I was thinking about this last week, I feel like collecting, especially modding, dolls causes this objective mindset around bodies. I'm so happy to see others interested in all different body types for dolls, because it helps those that match that feel more celebrated!

I have several trans and genderfluid characters, and I love to do hybrids of feminine bodies with masculine faces and vice versa. It really helps create a unique look that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get!

16. I actually have an idea for a trans doll I've been super excited about but haven't had the chance to gush about yet! I plan to buy a Mystic Kids Romeo X to fit the trans girl character I came up with; a young aspiring model who loves both cute girly fashion and casual androgynous fashion. I have a whole wardrobe wishlist picked out for her, as well as the wigs I'll use to represent the hairstyles she changes between for her different looks.
      Also, as a trans person myself, it always makes me happy to see other trans people in the BJD community! I love seeing all the amazing creative characters everyone has made.

17. Yes! I have many trans ocs though I currently only have one of them as a doll. The character's name is Desirée and she is a trans girl. I originally didn't intend for her to be trans, I just wanted her to be taller than my other girl msd dolls, which is why I got her a male body, but then I figured it made more sense to simply make her trans. I haven't modded the body and I don't plan on doing so. She's on a male Dollzone msd body that has a fairly androgynous look to it, and I think it works wonderfully for her.

18. Currently both of my resin-babies are cis, but I have had my eye on AoD Chun Zhe lately, and I would totally make her trans if she "tells" me she is. (It sounds weird, but I kinda "listen" to the faceup and doll mold and flesh out the character AFTER I receive the doll.) After all, I'm not cis, so my dolls don't have to be either!

19. Everyone else put a lot more thought into their trans OCs bodies than I did. I'm not comfortable enough modding to try things on my dolls even though I'd probably be happier with more body variety (like an overweight male body but hey). BUT I also have a few trans characters! It was easiest for me to just buy the bodies that best fit their characters (and reflected their identities "post op" so to speak) so a woman-shaped body for my transwoman and a man-shaped body for my transman. I took time to consider the look of the bodies: my transman has a less steroidy body, to reflect him living in a world where medical transitioning isn't possible yet; my transwoman happens to have a muscular body because I loved the look of it and she's a kickass space pirate anyway so... I also have a nonbinary character who's on a male-shaped body because it happened to be available but I dress them in cute and androgynous clothing because that's what they'd look best in. They're also the doll wearing their NB pin which I think resonates with people who see them out in the world.

20. as a trans guy i would never own a trans doll that had the "wrong" body i.e an afab on a female body or a amab on a male body due to my own issues with dysphoria, i do have a trans girl character who i might one day shell though and one of my upcoming dolls is genderqueer but most my characters are cis lol