1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Discussion thread II

May 25, 2012

1. Hey everyone! I‘m coming slowly back from a very long doll hiatus and I‘m finding myself gravitating towards my first bjd love, Shinydoll! :D I love seeing this thread still active as it seems most doll people have migrated to facebook which I boycott. I ADORE your Cotone @toveb!! :love I love old sculpts and I love watching people restore older dolls.
      As I said, I‘m slowly getting back into dolls so I‘m not burning myself out again and getting frustrated with too many projects (I have quite a lot of dolls...:sweat) so I took some pictures of my favourite girl to this day, my Shinydoll Feefee. I’ve had her for 9 years now. Her name is Feefee because I am not creative lol. Anyway, I hope you enjoy her as much as I do, I‘m really happy I‘m taking pictures of my dolls again, I have had some dolls for years now that I have never taken any pictures of. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]My favourite doll to this day by Zomboid, auf Flickr

#221 Zomboid, Jun 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    2. @Zomboid she's so sweet and old-fashioned!

3. @Alewife Thank you so much! :whee: I love the “old school” doll look so much, I’ve only noticed it recently that my dolls are all starting to look very porcelain doll-like. I wish Shinydoll would still sell dolls...:(

4. They were continuing to evolve, who knows how great they'd be if Mr. Shin had continued to make them!

5. @Zomboid your Feefee looks alive, she has such a sweet face with hidden mischief! I remember meeting Shin-san when he came to Australia- he brought a porcelain creation of Akali, she was sublime! I agree with you, my Shinydoll is starting to have that porcelain type quality in my mind too. Maybe it is her age (13 years young this July), her resin has maintained it’s hard, dense quality. I think some of my other doll’s resin has become softer.

#225 Saba, Jun 15, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    6. @Zomboid, your Feefee is so winsome <3 I like how you've styled her, with her sleeves pulled down over her hands; very expressive!

@Saba, lucky you to meet Shin-san, and see a porcelain version of Akali :D I agree; their resin is holding up quite nicely.

Speaking of Akali, she was my first Shinydoll, 12 years ago. Here she is, with my more recently acquired Kasumi B. Akali's name is Yuko, and Kasumi B's is Rin. I did Yuko's face-up, and Rin's is a default Shinydoll --
      [​IMG]
      Rin thinks they're besties; Yuko, not so much...:lol:

7. Hi everyone! I'm reviving the thread, because I am finally finished with the Conone I found on Mandarake last year.
      Please meet Etsuko.
      She is old and yellow, her resin is scratched and it quite bad shape overall. But I worked hard and managed to finish her with the vision I had. She looks so different to when I first got her.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. I think she is lovely you did a grand job. As to scratches, don't we all end up with scars from scratches.

9. Aw, thank you! Yes, she's live her life to the fullest.

10. Oooooo!!! She is so very lovely!! You did a fantastic job of resurecting her as Etsuko! <3
      I so wish I'd not sold all my ShinyDolls years ago. Makes me want another right now!

11. Thank you! I keep stalking Mandarake to see if another one pops up, but no luck so far.

12. @toveb she is beautiful, you did such a great job! I love the shape of Conone's eyes, she is so expressive. Her resin looks wonderful to me, did you have to do much to it to give it that creamy glow? My Akali's body needs a really good clean also, but I keep putting it off as I originally sealed her, and don't want to have to do that again *cringe*

@playdoll I'm pretty sure I received my Akali from you many moons ago, she is still my favourite:
      [​IMG]c by whim_sy, on Flickr

13. @Saba, your Akali is a beauty! Glad to see this thread revived. Oh, I love Shinydolls. Still looking for my Hikali.

14. @Saba I basically just cleaned her. I don't think she had been for the past 15 years... Then, when doing the face-up, I used some pinkish tones. But I kind of like that she isn't sparkly white.

I don't even know what Conone's original colour was, to be honest, but my Akali is definitely white and not "normal" (or whatever the skintone was called back then). So there is quite the contrast between them, even though they are meant to be sisters. I will try to take a photo of them together soon.

15. It's WONDERFUL to see the adorable Etsuko & the lovely sweet Akali (& all the beauties, here). What darling personalities you've each given your girls!!!! There's such a delightful uniqueness to the faces & bodies of Shinydoll. For me, there will never be a body better engineered for lifelike posing while at the same time being able to pose them so easily. I adore my Shinydoll bjd bodies no matter which company's head sculpt is on the body, but this thread filled with Shinydoll faces is fantastic.

16. How hard it is to find Shinydoll Yakki at a reasonable price these days?
      Thank you))

17. I'm half-stalking Mandarake for any Shinydoll and since I bought my Conone I haven't seen a single one. But maybe if you put out a wanted ad here and in some FB groups, there might be someone who is interested in selling theirs?

18. Yes, they seem really rare. There was an opportunity last year (I think) for an Akali on the Marketplace, but I haven't seen anything since. I wish I had been able to purchase one before they went Shinydoll went out of business! Akali and the smaller Hikali are my favorites, but the other heads are lovely, too.

19. I had no chances, joined hobby just a couple years ago. ((( There is one Yakki on Market place, but I don't know if price is reasonable.

20. @Dunpeald - I didn't either, really - he was closing his business just as I started looking into bjds and by the time I was able to save up, it was too late! But that's okay, I will keep an eye out and maybe I'll find the right one someday.