1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Discussion thread II

May 25, 2012

1. Ciantha, your doll's dress is so pretty! Did you make it yourself? I love the color combination.

2. Yeah I made it myself. It's completely hand-sewn and I drafted the pattern from scratch.

3. Ciantha, your dress is lovely, beautiful work!

4. Wally, your Unoa Zero - Shinydoll hybrid is wonderful!

5. Love your Youki Ciantha! What a wonderful dress!

6. I really love Patricia Wally, she is AMAZING. Are you keeping her???? I think she should stay ;)

7. She is lovely, but I have moved her to an AOD body, which is a better body for her proportionately. Not as good of a poser, nothing poses like a ShinyDOLL, but the AOD body is a lovely match for her!

8. Re Kanis eyes. I bought a pair of 16mm Kanis glass eyes from the DoA marketplace. They are a perfect fit for my Youki's eye sockets but the standard 16mm iris is so large that you can't really see any eye white at all. If anyone is thinking of getting Kanis eyes for their girl I would suggest going for the 16mm small iris option.

9. I personally think "standard" means standard equality of right and left eyes.
      If you chose "superior glass eyes ", equality would be excellent.

In "standard glass eyes", there are
      Reborn iris rim
      reborn doll eyes
      reborn iris rim eyes solid flat
      reborn designer eyes standard
      doll eyes standard
      dark rim eyes standard
      iris rim eyes standard
      art eyes bjd-dolls standard
      designer ehes standard
      googley ehes standard
      paperweight eyes - bur eyes standard

If you chose "reborn~" type eyes,
      The iris would be INCREDABLY big, and no white parts would be seen when installed.

I personally like
      doll eyes
      art eyes
      designer eyes.
      They rather have smaller iris.

10. Forgive my ignorance but should I be addressing you as Shin-san or Doi-san?
      Or using a different form of address?

So maybe the eyes I bought were reborn Kanis eyes? I'll ask the seller....
      Thank you for the tip!

I've looked again at your lovely Youki, and the eye whites are clearly visible in your pictures. I've contacted the lady I bought my eyes from, but I'm pretty sure that they must have been reborn eyes because the iris on my eyes seems larger.

I am probably going to be placing an order for Kanis eyes soon....

11. Yuzuki decided to spend her day playing with my fiances Star Wars Lego.

[​IMG][/URL] IMAG0204-1 by Cia Moonchild, on Flickr[/IMG]

12. Hi Tatu-san,
      As Japanese language, both would be fine.
      Many of my dolly friends call me Shin-san. ^^

Ciantha-san,
      It's a fantastic B&W photo! ^^
      This lego set looks very nice!

13. Cute pic, Ciantha! She looks so girly playing with those Legos.

14. oops! double post

15. Hello! I have a Shinydoll Kanagi who was a little bit of an accident, but now that she's here she's probably going to stay XD So pretties!!

My only issue with her are her hands and feet...her feet aren't bad but they're so small! She's wearing a pair of MSD sandals right now...which honestly are perfect for her if I can't find other feet so it's not the biggest deal ever...but her hands >.<
      I'm not a fan of the hands.

So I'm wondering if anyone has put different hands on their girls?? I'd really love Dollmore (which I can totally do myself later but if it's been done already, yay) or Supia...because I order from Dollmore all the time and I eventually want a Supia head so I could just get hands at the same time and you all needed to know that! lol

But any other hands/feet would be great. Feet aren't as important, as I mentioned...I just prefer larger feet on my dolls.

Thanks!! Sorry I just kinda sneaked in the middle of stuff^^'

16. I still can't quite believe it but I finally did it. I ordered a Feefee today! :o:fangirl::aheartbea She is my true grail doll and was my first doll love, I even considered her as my first doll and it only took almost 2 years and 14 dolls later to buy her. :sweat I ordered her through Nemuidoll which is run by the lovely babytarragon and I can't wait!!

17. Congratulations Zomboid,looking forward to your photos when she arrives.

18. Zomboid-san
      It's nice to hear that you finally got chance to meet shinydoll. ^^
      Shinydoll family expanded to Germany!!

19. Yay! Congrats, zomboid! I can't wait for you to get her; she's so magical :).

VampireAngel13, Dollmore normal skin resin is much too pink to mach ShinyDoll. I don't have my Dollmore girl anymore, and I don't have a good comparison pic, sorry. But Dollmore's resin has a pinky-peachy undertone while ShinyDoll's resin is more creamy yellow. I'm not sure about Supia though. You'll need something along the lines of Volks Pureskin but a little paler. For what it's worth, Unoa resin is almost a perfect match, so if you know a company that hybridizes well with Unoa you might consider their hands. Good luck!

ETA: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ls-and-Shinydoll-Hybrids!&highlight=shinydoll
      That's the thread for ShinyDoll hybrids. Looks like Luts and Asleep Eidolon might be good matches.

20. Thanks, I'll check it out!
      I actually have both Dollmore and Supia at home and they both match pretty well which is why I asked about them... and if Luts is a match DM should be fine, they're almost the exact same color.

I'm more interested in fit. I only have a Supia head at my disposal (which looks great on the SD body) right now so I can't try the hands on her (and I've not had time to hand-swap my DM Eves hands onto my SD girl).
      Are Unoa hands really that large?? I've only seen one in person and she didn't seem much bigger than a normal mini....