1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Discussion thread II

May 25, 2012

1. I think it's just a and b?

Akali B is just a more refined version, symmetry had been improved a little. I upgraded my Akali from A to B and there really wasn't any difference in her expression, she was just a bit smoother.

2. Thank you, babytaragon-san. ^^

turtleJen-san,
      Thank you for your query.
      Between A&B, and between B$C,
      New silicone mold was made, as silicone mold has short life.
      When I made new silicone mold, from face-sculpt aspect,
      I repaird the original sculpt, and did skin-finisshing again.
      In this process, I fixed some tiny sculpt.
      Some of symmetrycity was improved.
      But totally face-sculpt-defference between A,B and C are super very much little.

On the other hand,
      parting cross-section between face-part/main-part and upper-part/head-cup was changed between A and B,
      which made forehead wider, and allowed much more hair-styles without making parting line visible.
      One more thing,
      Neck hole of Akali-C was digged more, which made C look natural when combined with Thaasa III or III-s body.

ShinyDOLL can offer only C now. ^^);;

3. Thank you both very much. ^^ That really helps clear it up. I'm hoping to get her one of these days. (:

4. [​IMG]
      This is my Akali A. She was my first ShinyDoll and is one of my very favorite dolls. I hope you are able to get your Akali soon, TurtleJen!

5. renee_chan your Akali is adorable- there's just something about that face^^
      TurtleJen here's a pic of another Akail A:
      [​IMG]

6. Oh they're all so beautiful! I've loved every Akali I've seen. ^^

7. Wow Saba love your girl!

8. Hello! I was thinking of getting a new doll and wanted to make a hybrid. I found shinydoll bodies are incredibly posable, natural and beautiful. But I could not find measurements for the body, to be sure it would be the right size.
      Do you know where can I find these? Not only hight, but other sizes?
      I would be very grateful for any answer.

9. I'm on my phone at the moment, but I'll get the measurements for you later

Is there a particular head you wanted to use? I've tried many hybrids so I might be able to speak from experience. Shinydoll is very small, so smaller heads work best.

10. Yes, I wanted a smaller head, to look more adult. I have not dicided on the head yet, still in the process of finding the suitable to the image I want to create. I need one with smaller eyes and realistic, not anime type. If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear.

11. Speaking of hybrids, has anyone tried the Elfdoll heads recently? I've seen some old pictures of Elfdoll hybrids but nothing recent. I don't know if they still match up fairly well color-wise or not.

I'm also interested in proportion, whether they are a good match size-wise. I know that some Elfdoll heads are bigger than others. I'm interested in the Emma head specifically.

Does anyone have this info? I'd appreciate it; especially pics, if they're out there.

Just as a side note: Since the Shinydoll girls are so petite, has anyone tried MSD heads? How do those work proportionally?

12. Thank you very much for thinking about shinydolls. ^^)Y

I checked some sizes of Thaasa III-s body.
      neck curc. 7.4cm
      sholder width 7.0cm
      weist curc. 14.9cm
      hip circ. 23.3cm (biggest curc. of lower torso)
      hip circ. 23.8cm (on hip top)
      foot lenth 6.2cm
      arm length 22.5cm (from the center of neck to the botom of sum)
      height 54cm (with KANAGI head)
      leg length 27cm

13. If a head wears 8 to 9 inches wig, it would possibly match Thaasa III-s body, I think. ^^);;

14. Waves to Shin-san!!!
      leokitsune, I have made many Shinydoll hybrids, what head is it you want to try?

15. Thanks, Shin-san. I think it is so kind of you to participate in the discussion thread about your wonderful dolls.

And thanks to Stella Maris too. I'm interested in Elfdoll and maybe Dollmore, if you (or anyone else) have any.

16. I have a newer (pinker) NS Elfdoll head, and unfortunately, it's not a good match at all to either of my Shinydoll NS bodies - one is much older, but one was bought in the past year. I wish I could "depink" her easily, because I have two Sooah heads and they both work really well on this body. Hope this helps!

17. That does, kboyd912. That is good to know. Thanks!

18. I may make a nuisance of myself here but I am so happy to have an Eefee again, even if she doesn't have her ShinyDoll body yet! Here is my Luna Ariadne on a borrowed body:

[​IMG]

19. I love her faceup, bajib! :aheartbea I took some pictures of my Feefee in her new style, I think she looks so lovely in it. :D

[​IMG]

More pictures on my Flickr. :)
      Annuir, you won't regret getting a Shinydoll, their posing is superb!