1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Discussion thread II

May 25, 2012

1. I have the Thaasa body on order and wondered if anyone knew what TTYA clothing fitted? Saba - is the t-shirt on Tuyen from them?

2. Saraht yes, that is a TTYA t-shirt Tuyen is wearing, but please note Tuyen is on the first issue Thaasa body which is more flat chested than the later Thaasa bodies- maybe someone with a third generation body (is that what you are getting?) could help you out. If it helps my original body Supia wore this t-shirt fine with no problems (she was also petite, but with a more ample bust) :)

3. Thank you Saba, i may just risk it :)

Here is my new Thaasa Hybrid with a Panda Workshop 'Dou' head. i just love the poseability of this body.

[​IMG]

4. Is this thread still alive? My little Gunj (Mongolian for Princess) in my studio. She is a Nanae on a 50 cm Obitsu body. I really like the proportions of her head on this smaller body.

[​IMG]

5. Gunj looks great on that body cirquemom :) i was hoping my replacement Eefee head would fit a body I already have for at least awhile, but no luck so far. The SDGr body did not work and a couple others were awful as well. I don't know if a new SD body would match the head either since the head is older.

6. The heads are small and delicate- so I can see why one wouldn't work on an SD10 body. It would be too chunky I would think! I like the head on the Obitsu 50 cm body, it is actually really nice in terms of proportions and at least in normal skin it was a pretty nice match. Although now several years later the head has yellowed more than the body. But it is still reasonable.
      Here is an old picture:

[​IMG]

7. Hi, cirquemon-san,
      I am so happy that you still love NANAE head. ^^)Y ^^)Y
      I think NANAE-head is very ShinyDOLL like...

8. Oh yes, thank you! I will always love her dear little face. Such a sweet, sweet girl. I am so happy to see you are still here as well. :)

9. Is shinydoll still in business?

10. Unfortunately I think not. Doi Shin, the owner/artist has not posted in almost a year and links to the former website take you to nothing. Tis a shame, lovely dolls, glad I purchased one.

11. I saw Shin in October and he's had to cut back on doll making time recently, hence lack of promo, but he was hoping to do new sculpts etc once things settle down.

I'm not sure where the site has gone though.

12. @babytarragon, I'm so glad to know you've seen Shin-san recently! A close friend of mine ordered an Aria through Oobiedoll before Christmas, and that seemed like a good sign -- still, I couldn't help worrying because the Shinydoll website was gone. I hope everything goes smoothly for Shin-san, not just so he can return to sculpting before too long, but because he's a wonderful person.

13. I have a Thassa III with a Yakki head and love her

14. My Thaasa I's and III bodies will always stay in my collection, while others come and go (or stay). After twelve years in the bjd hobby, to me, Thaasa is the very best bjd body for posing and stability. I'm so glad Babytarragon knows Shin is ok and it's great to hear he'll again be sculpting darling girls, when time permits. My constant appreciation and best wishes to Shin!

15. I love my ShinyDolls! Still have them all :) Chizune is still on my wish list, as is the mermaid ear elf head Nanoha (I think is her name). I'd be super thrilled to see some new Fragille sculpts as well. I'm glad to hear Shin-san is OK and I hope the website comes back. ShinyDoll is still my #1 favorite doll company!

16. Good to read there is hope for for Shinydolls! :aheartbea
      I purchased my Akali direct from Shin-san, he was so very nice and helpful.

Also good to know one can order via Oobiedoll, I didn't know this! I've been out of the bjd loop for sometime due to life/work etc.
      I still love my bjds and hope to once again get back into the hobby/life very soon!

I saw a marketplace for sale for a Yuli SD:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/reduced-shinydoll-yuli-full-doll-ns-will-split.723140/

#156 playdoll, Jan 5, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    17. To be clear, I last saw Shin-san in October and trying to contact him now. He doesnt use any social media at all so its a little awkward getting hold of him.

I'm not sure whether the email I have for him was hosted by his web provider (nifty.jp) and so emails won't go through. Its odd for him not to reply.

I text a personal number I had for him from a few years ago yesterday, but possible he could also have changed his phone. Waiting for a reply.

#157 babytarragon, Jan 5, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    18. If you do manage to get in touch with him, please tell him that we all wish him well!

19. Drats, a shame to hear this.
      I had plans to send a doll in to have parts
      replaced, and possibly order new heads..

Either way, also keeping fingers crossed we'll
      hear from Shin-san soon and that he is well!

20. Hi all, Shin-san replied to my email, he was just having issues with his Mac recently which is why he couldn't reply sooner.

The Shinydoll site has moved hosting (the issue was with Nifty itself) and will be available in the future at:
      LaCoocan 初期ページ

For now, Shin's personal page is here:
      SHIN's Pathway