1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Discussion thread II

May 25, 2012

1. Thank you!! Great news, and I can also report that my friend's Aria arrived yesterday via Oobiedoll -- very quick turnaround time, and my friend is delighted with Aria and her Thaasa III body.

2. Whew! Thank You so much for that update, babytarragon.

Here's hoping for a very shiiiiny doll year :)

3. Thanks for the info, @babytarragon! I'm glad the site will be back up soon.

ETA: I've never seen Shin-san's personal website. The diary section with the creation of Thassa & Fragille is fascinating!

#163 renee_chan, Jan 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    4. Thanks for the update, babytarragon! I got worried when I saw his Nifty site was down. Also good to know that you can order through Oobiedoll.

5. I wish he would design male dolls, or at least one. My Thassa III Yakki needs a ShinyDoll fellow.

6. Glad to know he is still around and doing ok. I got a bit worried when I tried to go to his old site and got nothing. Right now I am making all sorts of new clothes for my girl. I love love love the Thaasa body. She is such a great poser. I will likely get another body (with a Shinydoll head this time) at some point in the future. I will post pics when I finish and can get her decent. Right now she has a top but no bottoms.

7. Just wanted to share a pic of my Tuyen- she has been with me for 10 years and is still my go-to-gal^^ For her ten year anniversary she is wearing her favourite look of vintage dress with chunky boots:
      [​IMG]

I would love to know does anyone else's Shinydoll have a favourite look? Please share :)

8. She's lovely! The double mirror makes it look like she has two high set ponytails. It's actually a very cute look!

9. Thank you Pony! I didn't notice the high set ponytail look, but now you mention, I can see it :) I may have to find her a wig like this, it gives her a bit of an anime look!

10. I'd try o find a wig like that too. I think she looks adorable.

11. Tuyen is always a lovely girl <3

12. Thank you renee_chan :) I hope Shin-san is able to continue making his beautiful dolls!

13. I thought Tuyen was wearing pigtails, too! I think they would suit her. She's lovely.

I wish I could find a Hikali head (or hear back from Mr. Shin about whether or not you can buy a new one)! I know she is Akali's smaller counterpart, and I love the simplicity of her face. It's funny, because I started out wanting to mod a Unoa faceplate onto the Shiny Doll body, but now I think the Hikali head is so cute they will have to share!

I can't get the link given to the new website to work (LaCoocan 初期ページ) - but I'll try back again later.

14. Unfortunately the website is still down but it seems you can order Shinydolls through the Oobiedoll website. I was worried at first because Shinydoll is still my favourite doll company and my Feefee is my absolute grail doll. I'd still love to own one or two more, maybe one more Thaasa and one Fragille....:love

15. I still love my Shinydoll Yakki, but I will not be getting any other ShinyDolls. I love how delicate she is and wish there was a male ShinyDoll to be her Significant other. I have gotten interested in Danny Choo's SmartDolls. He does males along with females. I have one female, Ebony Futaba, and two males, Crimson and LeLouch. One of these days I am going to see if LeLouch will get along with Melty, my DDS or Mirai II my DD.

16. I've finally been getting my dolls out of storage.
      And was wondering if there is anywhere we can get the Geta feet?
      My dear Shinydoll needs them

17. @Mechakal, have you tried browsing Etsy?
      IIRC, I've seen some BJD sized ones there before.
      Shinydolls appear to have narrow feet though,
      so maybe a custom order will do the trick,
      if all else fails.

Your dolls have more toes-y geta feet then?
      I should've been quicker to get ones for my doll..

18. When I bought my ShinyDoll from JPop years ago, a bit later I asked Grace to order some Geta feet for me. They are wonderful.

19. @SFC Marti, good call that :)
      Hm, wonder if it's still possible to do that
      from that or other re-sellers.

Because I do worry the chipped leg bit on
      my Thaasa will break before I manage
      to send her off to be fixed..
      Maybe I could bandage her to make
      the chipping process slow down a bit.

Oooh, how about this 1:3 house for
      the larger Shinydoll ladies? :)

“Japan in Architecture” Projects #5 A House (Tange Kenzo House)

20. I looked at that house and I think it is about the size of my living room/dining room together. It is huge. Just a bed for our 1/3 kids is huge.