1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL [Fragille] Information and Discussion

Jan 10, 2010

1. Ow, that's never a pleasant thing to find out. Does this mean that the price of Fragille after this introductory period will go up substantially?

2. rykaan-san,
      No, ShinyDOLL is not planning to raise the reaular price, at least now.
      The price is already decided.

The apparent thing now is first lot/production costs a lot.
      I think the casting cost would/should be lowered after second-lot by engineering efforts and techniques.

For example, changing the shape of original sculpts/parts, when molding, would be able to increase the number of parts in one mold.
      It reduces the number of total silicone mold, which costs most.

As first production started already, the cost of it can not be improved now. But I already started thinking the way of cost reduction for the second produciton.
      It might need increase of works after casting, and development of machining tools which are not sold in the market. ^^);

Anyway, BIG Thaasa needed three molds, but SMALLER Fragille needs four now...
      ShinyDOLL should make it from four to three, or can not continue Fragille production. ^^);

3. Wow, it's all so complicated >_<

Sounds like so much work for you Shin-san, just to stop the price rising. Thank you :)

4. O.K. babytarragon-san, ^^

Thinking the way to improve production.
      Thinking the way to reduce total working amount.
      Thinking the way to reduce cost.

These have been my main profession as an engineer. ^^
      I should also definitely be able to solve them in doll field. ^^);

5. Good luck with Fragille production, Shin-san. I'm amazed at how fast you got her ready to produce, and I'm sure there are ways to streamline the process.

I don't mean to be pushy, especialy in view of your discovery that casting is going to be more expensive than anticipated, but I just have to ask, do you have even a rough idea of when you might be offering a white Suzune with a white Fragille body? The Suzune head is irresistible, and the Fragille-sized body is more appropriate than the Pricco body for the character I have in mind.

Also, I visited your website yesterday, and I saw Mio. Is she a new Thaasa head? She's beautiful!

6. flanna-san,
      Thank you for your words.
      Yes, it was fast to get to production. ^^
      It's probably because of my experiences of there five years. ^^
      I would like to make Fragille process more refined.

ShinyDOLL is planning to manufacture white Fragille in the second lot.
      As it'l be done after all first lot got home, I can not say when now.
      But in the super fastest case, it would be in May. ^^

About MIO,
      She came from anime character from "K-ON!"
      MIO is not a main heroine, but she has as much fans as heroin.
      I also love her.

Off cause there should be lisence to sell her.
      Now "ONE-DAY-LISENCE-SYSTEM" is popoular for exhibition in Japan.
      It's lisenced to amateure sculptor or small production for specified exhibition.
      By the rule,
      the sculpt is checked before the exhibition by the lisencer.
      If lisenced, fee should be payed before the exhibition for the declared number of goods.
      (MIO was licenced, while other two failed.)
      The goods should be sold on the very day, inside the exhibition hall from hand to hand.

So, MIO will be sold on the next Sunday only in the "Wonder Festival" in Makuhari-messe hall close to Tokyo. ^^);
      [​IMG]

7. Aw, so she is super limited? What happens if you have dolls left over at the end of the event? Do they have to stay in your personal collection?

I wish I could go to this event, I really like Makuhari area, lots of cheap shopping and restaurants...hehe

8. Yes, very limited. It's only five. ^^
      Anyway, WonderFestival is really Festival of sculptors. Not for profit in a way.
      There will be more than 5000 booths from amateurs to BIG companies, including ShinyDOLL.
      No one can see all booths in one day.
      Every booth shows off his masterpieces.
      Visitors buy sculpts between amount of "limiteds".

Most of the sculpts are which called "figure" in Japan, having no joints, with resin hair, and with resin cloth. "Dolls" are minor exhistance in the festival.
      Doll hear means which wears cloth-outfits, sometimes has joints.
      MIO head is for BJD. So, minor exisance there.

If not sold...... to the garbage......
      You know Makuhari well. ^^

9. If a white-skinned Suzune won't be available any sooner than May, I guess I'll just have to be patient, then. Or possibly give my white-skinned Sayane a little sister who just got back from Hawaii and has a tan...

10. flanna-san,
      I discussed with the factory, and decided to manufacture (only) four "white" Fragille bodies in the first lot.
      It's the maximum number which the silicone mold can add, or ruin... ^^);

Any head of the three Fragille heads are O.K.

Tan color is definitely impossible for the first lot, as there is even no color sample of tan here now. ^^);

11. I sent you a PM, Shin-san. This is good news!

12. flanna-san,
      I read it. Thank you.

13. konichiwa Doi Shin-san

I have just discovered your beautiful dolls and am in love with Hikali. She looks like my friends little girl who is named Sayaka. I am so excited to find sculpt that looks Japanese as I would like to make a maiko style doll having met a real one in Niigata last year.

I have looked with fascination at your site that shows the work that goes into your dolls! Segoy! I am a professional artist and am amazed by your artistry and dedication.

Now there is a UK dealer I will be ordering Hikali and begin to make kimono and other garments for her. thank you for giving us these amazing dolls. Arigato gozaimasu!

14. demented pea -san,

Thank you very much for loving HIKALI. ^^)
      Yes, she was born as a Japanese girl, and the younger sister of AKALI.

I included all techniques I got in these years.
      And, I hope you enjoy both head sculpt, body sculpt and the joint functions. ^^)

I am so happy having UK dealer, and inviting you there.
      The very first cast-shot of Fragille is coming here next week.
      So, It's not so long that you can meet real HIKALI.
      I am longing to see your HIKALI-san with your favorite cloth. ^^)

15. First shots of Fragille came to ShinyDOLL on tue, wed and thu.
      So the first two Fragille body was assembled today!!
      They are so nice as expected. ^^

Both are waring HIKALI heads now,
      and going to art-doll exhibition next week. ^^

It's too late here, so I hope I have time to photogragh them tomorrow. ^^);

Shipping of Fragille might start soon. ^^

Early-bird-sales continues until March 5th.
      There still is a chance to invite Fragille with nice price. ^^

16. Well, I just emailed Shin-san an order for a Suzune in white. I just love her cute face! I'm going to get a cute anime-style face up for her. :D I'm so excited!!

17. Congrats Renee chan! Sounds adorable, I can't wait to see her all finished!

Shin-san: Can I have mine first? Haha.

18. renee-chan -san,
      Thank you for the order again. ^^
      I would like to see your SUZUNE with your faceup soon.

babytarragon-san,
      Ohhoo,
      Your order is on the third in the list. ^^
      It's almost the first shipping. ^^
      If there is not payment for the first two, you will get the GOLD Medal. ^^);;;

19. The first two Fragille was assembled.
      They will be in the art-doll-exhibition next week.
      (Wigs in the photo are temporary ones.)
      (They do not have ouffits,yet.....Maybe tomorrow.....)

Here are very small number of casted parts here, now.
      But, I think new parts will be delivered everyday from the factory after next Monday. ^^

[​IMG]

20. They really did turn out well, just as beautiful as their big sisters. The resemblance between Hikali and Akali is amazing. I can't wait to see mine next to Persephone, my Sayane!

Renee-chan, I ordered a white Suzune, too, but I'm planning to get a natural faceup for her. At least that's the plan now, I may change my mind once I see her in person.