1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Short hair or long hair?

Jun 13, 2020

1. I have a wig that goes to my girl's feet (SD sized) and she needs a little velcro to not lose her hair 24/7!

2. I don't much like short but I don't hate it if I could ever get it to work. I prefer shoulder length and really long hair myself. It's funny though, no one makes really long hair or if they do, it's only in like three colors.

3. I like longish hair, usually around the shoulders. Kind of like the lob (long bob) that’s so popular right now. I do like really long hair on my Lati Yellows, like down to the hips, though. I’ve always had long hair, so I think that might play into my preference a little.

4. Long hair can be really nice to look at but I absolutely hate taking care of it. That's why probably neither me nor my dolls will ever wear hair that's much longer than chin length. :lol:

My first doll actually had long curly hair for the first few days and I absolutely loved the way it looked on him! But it didn't take long until I was seriously annoyed by it, it's just way too unpractical. I was constantly worried about ruining his wig and I feel like it really held me back from fully enjoying my doll. Short hair just makes me feel way more comfortable.

5. I have only long hair wig, but I want to try short one because of conveniance, when I travel for instance.

6. Long hair, maybe? I don't have anyone with super short hair, though I tried to figure out a shorter one for Ara. (Had a real hard time finding anything that'd fit the criteria of short, curly, and dark purple. Ah well.) I sewed his current wig, have yet to trim it, and I'm a little tempted to keep it at a bit past shoulder length? And then Nova has a shoulder length-ish wig (hard to tell if it falls to her shoulders when she doesn't have a body and thus no shoulders!) so there's that.

I, however, am keeping my hair under an inch long these days! I used to have it down to my mid-back as a kid, and went shorter and shorter... I do sometimes miss being able to style it, though. Maybe that's why I keep going for long hair on the dolls.

7. My opinion is all dolls like humans: somebody looks great with long hair, but with short hair looks... not so good ) And other side - short hair looks good and long hair not...
      What about me: I prefer the long black hair on my boys

8. Haha too much truth. The brushing is absolutely horrendous sometimes.

I can't stand if it's too short though unless it's a shaved look. I have seriously tried, but I always find one in a similar color to replace it, if I haven't made one.

It's sad but as much as I enjoy purchasing wigs, I find making them connects me better so I do both now. And as much as I can't do short for very long, I still find myself with a plethora of wigs that are. Is two bins of wigs too much? Lol

9. I have long hear for my dolls mostly, and for girls, and for boys

10. I prefer long hair on my dolls, shoulder length at the shortest. I keep my own hair pretty short because I find long hair drives me crazy. So I guess I am living vicariously through my dolls. I don't have to wash, condition and comb through the wigs on a daily basis like I would with my own hair, so the longer the better on my dolls!

11. I absolutely love how short hair looks on my doll, I think it suits her and looks overall so pretty

12. I love them both! I think it's amazing how changing from long to short or short to long can bring a whole new personality out of a doll!

13. For dolls, I think part of the fun is changing the hairstyle whenever you want! I hope to have several wigs in the same color for my dolls so they can have short/long as the outfit or circumstance demands. I definitely want at least one doll with floor length hair!

For myself, I have wavy hair that I keep quite long (middle of the back or usually longer). I love the look of a short bob, but with my hair type it would end up a mass of curls and I think I would look pretty silly (and even younger than usual, which would be bad as despite being in my 30s I am frequently mistaken for a teenager X) ). Also, I would like to vicariously enjoy fancy hairstyles through doll wigs. I have a very sensitive scalp so I can't really do anything beyond a basic ponytail without getting a headache. But I love the look of complicated braids.

14. It depends on the character but if possible I like to have my girls in short hair for the very same reason lots of others have stated, it makes dressing/posing/playing easier.

15. Love this thread, I really love long hair on my boys and fancy hairdo's on my girls. Just the fantasy look on guy bjd's is just awesome.

16. I'm with my dolls... as I am in real life xD I prefer short hair on girls and longer hair on boys, so most of my characters reflect that one way or another.

17. It fully depends on the doll and their character. I do love long hair wigs and I do also love certain short haired wigs too. Though admittedly I get a bit nervous handling my long haired ones, fearing that I'll mess them up.

18. Most of mine have short hair...it's just easier to deal with and less of a hassle xD I wish I could like long wigs but I find they get tangled so easily and it's hard to brush them out when the hair just comes out of the wig caps :/

19. I love long hair... but my dolls keep demanding short! :...( I have one doll who will tolerate HALF long hair - she has an undercut. That's it! That's the best I can bargain for! It's very frustrating.

20. I love long, wavy hair on my girl dolls and short, undercut styles on my boy dolls! Though I do change their wigs pretty often, so they definitely end up trying several styles.

Up til now, only my boy has found a "permanent wig", because time and again, I end up thinking it is the best for him. It's a faux fur black modern undercut rather basic style that looks very good on him. I love it so much on him that none of his other wigs, not even his custom one, can replace it for long. XD If I didn't plan another boy doll, I would have already put all his other wigs for sale, instead they are hanging in to see if some may fit a future head.

However, I do want fancier updo for my girls, which motivates me to learn wigmaking, so I can add braids, and beads, and ribbons or perhaps do one of the impressive and impractical "boat" styles of the rococo period...

But. One thing at the time. XD