1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Short hair or long hair?

Jun 13, 2020

1. I prefer long hair :XD: the longer the hair the more magestic and feminine the look is. Although short hair is very cute sometimes too.

2. Long hair, usually without a fringe/bangs for the girls and short hair for the boys. I have always preferred that in real life too although there are definitely certain people who pull off the opposite with stunning results. Wow, I sound so traditional. Eugh.

3. I love short hair and curls. I dont have any bjds with hair right now. Currently looking at wigs and I’m loving the shorter hair. My hair went from long, to pixie to undercut bob. It’s mostly shaved now.

4. I love long/ medium length hair on my dolls. I love braiding and brushing my doll's hair, and, though I've tried, I can't do that on short hair.

5. I like longer hair but can't style hair to save my life (doll wigs or my own hair).

6. SUPER LONG HAIR GIRLS AND BOYS

7. Both depending on the character. I have a tendency to make my girls have long hair and boys with short. Although most of the long wigs catch my eyes.

8. I love short hair on dolls...and myself:lol:

9. I don’t have a preference. My 1/3 Azone has long rooted hair in a princess cut. She’d look really cute with a shoulder-length bob, but I’m not going to modify it. The DDS I’m interested in both have short bobs, but if I got them I would probably pick up some medium and long wigs with waves or curls for one of them.

10. I also don't really have a preference. I really like long pretty wigs, but I also like cute short ones. It all depends on the character or aesthetic I would go for.

11. I like both long and short hair for my dolls, depending on the character and the doll. Some of the men have long hair, and some of the women have short hair. Jin has one long and wavy and one that's a bob and trades off depending on what she's wearing or the weather. My hair is currently about shoulder length, which is long for me. I'll probably get it cut back to chin length once winter is over. Or before that if I get tired of dealing with the length.

12. I suppose I do prefer long hair on my girl dolls. But longer wigs are definitely a hassle. Currently my gal Naoru has a very luxurious and long wig, but I keep it braided most of the time for a more elegant and dainty look. I also invested in wig spray, which helps a ton.

In general, for boys too, I prefer the wigs to be long enough frame their face, so my boys' wigs are still boy styles, but with long bangs, and no cropped hair.

I have almost always kept long hair myself haha. I don't have the bone structure or face shape for short hair :sweat

13. I think I like the idea of long hair, but have to agree that short hair makes the doll much easier to manipulate without having to fuss with the hair getting in the way--plus, I think short hair is really cute, lol, so thus far it's all shorter hair for me

14. Long hair all the way on both boys and girls :)

15. As for myself, I prefer shorter hair for my dolls (boys and girls) though finding shorter styles is usually tricky and that's why currently all my girls have long hair. I've tried some shorter styles on them but they were very puffy and didn't look real or they were made by me and I do not consider myself very good at wig making.
      I was lucky enough to find a custom made short hair for my only boy in the past and I don't think that miracle could happen again in a near future (specially because custom made wigs are so expensive, but totally worth it).

16. Long for me and I prefer long/medium for my dolls, but its not set in stone (except if I ever get boy dolls they will always rock it long:D).

17. Do curls count? I seem to lean towards hair with nice medium-large curls ^^;; Plus on the long side too, which kinda matches the length of my own hair atm. I wouldn't be opposed to finding shorter wigs if I think it suits my dollies, though! It'd certainly be easier to maintain, hehe

18. I like long hair but short hair is a whole lot easier to deal with ..but idk I guess it's just me about wanting long hair on my dolls ..I think I might have only one or two short hair wigs then I have a pink and black pigtail wig that the pigtails detach from it but me I like long hair maybe about to the middle of the dolls back leaght

19. Almost all of my dolls have long hair, either due to them coming with it or because I don't know how to cut it. I'm not good with styling wigs or hair, so all of them are left with long hair. I do find long hair to be quite pretty and since these are all dolls, they won't feel encumbered by long hair.