1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sideshow Collectibles: Court of the Dead BJDs

Jul 26, 2019

1. Congrats! Thou I'm sorry she has some issues.

Not helpful, but I always thought the head things were permanently attached :(

She looks real good with your arsene thou!

2. Popcultcha got back to me to say they had contacted sideshow and the ETA had been moved back to March-April. I haven’t received any shipping notification or anything but I got a card through my door at the weekend to say I have a customs charge to pay and I suspect it may be my muse of bone! I will likely find out tomorrow morning when I go to collect the parcel from the post office.

3. Sorry to hear about the issues, but I'm sure Sideshow will take care of them. What plans do you have for her? And do you think you will try and remove the bone fans?

4. These are gorgeous! I would love to have a Spirit but I can't afford it right now. Bone is also very cool but I would want her to be able to wear a wig. I love their gaunt faces and it would be cool to have an MSD that's a bit taller than average. I'm one of those collectors that gravitates toward pretty dolls (my collection is all Fairyland and Lati) but I've always enjoyed spooky things too. ;)

5. Meh...my parcel was something else entirely! Looks like I’m looking at March-April for delivery of my bone

6. @skyealloway Thank you! We'll see what they say. :eusa_pray
      @Greymews Thank you! If they won't replace it, then yeah I will probably try to. I plan to do a Yuki-Onna/Snow Queen. :) I have wanted to do a doll like that for years, and I am hoping it will work out!
      @Cherryblue Darn! I hope the time wait goes fast for you!

7. @redmaiko I'm really sorry to hear about the construction problems. I've seen several Bones so far (am I the only one who wanted a flesh, lol), and all of them came with the headpieces glued. Sideshow is new to the BJD game, so I guess they don't know that head accouterments should have magnets, so that they can either be removed entirely or make room for a wig underneath. The hands that won't stay attached are an upsetting trend that I've seen a few times, too - there is no way that they didn't realize this is an issue before they packed them up and shipped them! :huh?:

On the bright side - your girl is downright stunning. Construction issues aside, everything about her appears to be incredibly detailed and very delicate. (Although honestly, Arsene looks a little terrified. :XD:) I just love that gaunt face and ethereal body! I really hope that Sideshow helps you out with some of the important details...

8. @celga Thank you! I received my replacement and now the hands actually stay on! I have yet to decide what to do about the bone fins though.

This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone know if Evangeline Ghastly is fairly similar in size? All I can tell from googling is that they are very similar in height.

eta: Finally found some measurements! Even Evangeline is bigger around than these sideshow gals!

#48 redmaiko, Apr 4, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    9. I don't usually post in progress photos, but I am very happy with the very beginnings of my yuki onna/snow witch! I usually use my airbrush just for sealing, so getting to use it for color is rare. I am quite pleased! This is just the start, so hoping the rest goes just as well!!
      [​IMG]

10. Please post photos! I'm living vicariously over here!

11. I love your pics!

12. I got my Bone today. The hand magnets are super weak, which is annoying, but I think if I stick some eye putty in there it will help.
      I'm really excited to start painting her. She kind of looks like a mummy to me, so I think that's what I'm going to go with for now.

13. That's awesome, I'm excited to see the progress

14. I'm going to officially retract my earlier statement about the head things on bone - I just saw the official preview video for these dolls on youtube (which at the time were prototypes) and in the video the guy removes one of the head things and talks about future plans to release other head accessories. Soooo maybe they had trouble with getting them to stay and wound up gluing them....

Anyone have luck removing them??

I'm finally in a better financial situation and coming back to look at Muse of bone again.:aeyepop:

15. Ok I did it, I randomly looked and muse of bone was $65 off and free shipping, so I ordered!
      Before I ordered, I called customer service and asked if I could pay for a spare head cap piece, and she said no. I asked if the issue with the hands had been resolved, because I had seen some online reviews that the hands were not fitting. At first she didn't understand, but then she put me on a long hold and when she got back on, she said the returns and exchanges team had checked their records and did not see that issues with the hands were a consistent issue. She said the team pulled a doll to check her, and she said the hands fit. She assured me that if I have problems I'd be able to call back.

So I feel pretty good. With the shape of her face kind of overlapping her head cap, I wonder if I could make a spare out of sculpy so she isn't stuck with just bone fine head.

I'll let y'all know!

16. I am super excited! My husband got a blank doll for me. The Sideshow box was just delivered and he whisked it away for Christmas but I’m pretty sure it’s Bone from the info printed on the cardboard shipper! Though, I’d be thrilled with any of them. I saw them at a previous comic con in San Diego when they debuted. Now I get to plan....oohh, waiting will be hard! :celebrate

17. I had almost forgotten about these interesting girls, but now that I was reminded by a new post notification to this thread (my DoA notifications are pretty sporadic :sweat), I'm becoming enamored all over again. Although...while I love the Flesh fullset, I'm not crazy about her faceup. Wish I could get her blank with clothing.

I'm a little surprised, though - I thought they'd have been sold out long ago. I suppose that most Sideshow customers don't know what to do with the concept of a BJD, and most BJD collectors have never heard of them...so while it sounded like this was just the beginning of a new line for them, I'm guessing that it's actually the end.

18. My doll arrived some time ago! she shipped and arrived super fast, leaving me with the impression there is a warehouse of them somewhere. I tried eyes and clothes on her, and shoes, pictures on my Instagram!

I think right now where I'm suck is I really need her to have shoes, and im really struggling to make them. At some point I'll need to get the courage to paint her too! I wonder if I should have just got the full set as well ....

If anyone wants to see, here are the pics I took so far Login • Instagram
      I just realized I got so busy, I never posted a box opening of her!

19. @skyealloway Ooo, she's quite lovely, and the posing is much better than I'd imagined! I expect you're right about the'warehouse'...Sideshow isn't generally a made-to-order sort of company, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had created hundreds of them right out of the gate - which would also explain the $65 off offer on the blank dolls if they're not selling well. (I wish they'd do the same for the fullsets! :XD:)

20. @celga she is very elegant to pose! I haven't had a doll with this kind of hip joint before, but i like it! Knocking the hands off is an issue, so I put putty in her wrists to help the weak magnets. The head magnets thou are strong enough, no problems with her head cap coming off . And for those interested, I found she takes 10mm small iris eyes, there was some gapping at 8mm that could be resolved with oval eyes. They need to be flat back either way - the inside of her head is ridiculously tiny!
      Here are some pics of her with a few different 8mm eyes I have, plus some inner head views.Login • Instagram

And she is strung so tight I can't get her head off. I plan to restring her because I worry about overly tight strings causing damage.