1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sideshow Collectibles: Court of the Dead BJDs

Jul 26, 2019

1. If anyone has been waiting for the right time to buy Muse of Bone, she's on sale again- $65 off and free shipping . Offer code was posted on instagram today. Not sure how long it is valid for.

In other news, I finally named my Muse! I decided to name her after the Greek fate that cuts your life string- Atropos!

#61 skyealloway, Nov 22, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    2. @skyealloway That's fantastic - and so sweet of you to share, thank you! (Now if only they'd do the same for the Muse of Flesh...:XD:)

3. @celga ask and you shall receive!! The Sideshow instagram page just posted that same offer but for Muse of Flesh!
      Login • Instagram

4. Oh no! I want her so badly but I've overspent this month already. My husband would kill me haha.

5. Aaaa, that's amazing, thank you!! I really want the fullset, but I may just grab her because yeah, money. (Oh gosh...maybe I should have asked to win the lottery, instead. :XD:)

6. Have been watching the dolls since they first premiered.
      Ordered the blank Spirit using the $65. She just arrived today!
      Beautiful black and blue box and she is nestled in a black pillow
      with ribbon ties. Reminds me a little of the Popovy and Enchanted
      resin dolls. Just need to decide how to finish her. The website has a
      a couple of images of customs for inspiration.

7. Congrats! So nice to take advantage of sales :)

I'll probably not get around to finishing Bone until the weather gets better in the spring ...

8. Oh my gosh this staff!!
      https://denofangels.com/threads/cool-head-piece-and-cane.833675/

It sort of reminds me of Skeletor's Havoc Staff, but it's just super cool. I don't know if the 1/4 size will look too short next to my Muse of Bone at 30cm, tempted to buy the 1/3 . Heck, it might not even be her staff, maybe that's the staff used to summon her ;)

9. I had thought about putting that in my cart for her! Decided against it though. I might get the headdress for another doll though!!

10. I have decided shoes for Atropos is the worst thing to try to shop for. I decided to try 3d printed shoe bases I found on shapeways. Hopefully they fit well and I can make the uppers without too much trouble!

11. #71 skyealloway, Feb 23, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    12. Naked no more! (well, she had just been wearing frumpy "msd" clothes so she wasn't exactly nude...)
      [​IMG]Atropos new Gown by Skyealloway, on Flickr

(and yes, she is standing unassisted! So proud! So much anxiety!) I bought this dress from mmilena here on DOA - its sized for Popovy and fits perfectly. The arms are just right, the length is just right. So, now I know what size clothes to look for!

13. Just put in an order for all three. I have never been this much in need for specific bjds in my life

14. That's awesome! I'm excited to see all three together

15. Congrats @moss-socks! That's so exciting! :D

I'm wondering what happened with these girls. It's been about two and a half years, and the limited fullsets are still available. (I keep telling myself that I need Flesh, but I get sidetracked by more pressing financial issues...) Maybe the majority of BJD collectors have never heard of them, and the usual Sideshow collectors don't really 'get' BJDs? It's a pity, because these sculpts are amazing, but I have a feeling that the high hopes they had of creating an ongoing line will just fizzle out.

16. Thank You!! @celga @skyealloway
      And yeah I'll have to get some pictures!!

It fizzling out is my worry too honestly, but the court of dead series definitely seems to be a passion project for sideshow. There isn't much of a following for the game or the universe. I hope they keep making more as i am definitely in love with these ones. Even if more don't come, i am so glad these did.
      I was definitely someone who didn't hear about these dolls at all until recently (literally this week), I haven't bought a bjd in about a decade and these girls won me over in minutes.

And honestly valid, I had resigned myself to just getting Flesh originally but my roommate took one look and offered to split the cost so here we are haha.

17. I'm so excited! I just received my Muse of Bone and she is gorgeous :D
      For those of you who are still doubting, Sideshow have a 30% discount right now. I couldn't resist that!

I have posted pictures of my box opening on my blog, if you'd like to see :)
      https://lunarreverie.com/sideshow-muse-of-bone-box-opening/

[​IMG]

18. @ThinkPink! Congrats! I love my muse of bone, please share clothing options you find , I still struggle