1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly things friends/family do with your dolls

Sep 6, 2010

1. My mother was holding a conversation with my boy a few days ago. She didn't know I just came in, so I could hear a whole part of the conversation. She was telling him how she would like to do his hair (my mother was once a hairdresser). After that she asked why he looked so sad. Finally she told him he actually was a little chubby because she couldn't see his ribs. Thats the moment I couldn't hold mu laugh and betrayed myself (or actually the fact that I was listening).

Now she is calling him Jhonny everytime she sees him (because she can't remember his name) and even let him sit at the table while we are eating. I actually think that soon we are going to have a new BJD-lover ;)

2. I only have an off topic doll for now, while I'm saving up, and to practice face-ups... but one day, my roommate (male, sometimes macho and in the army) took her an posed a whole scenario with his "dolls" and mine. So I came home to find, on the dining table, that Treebeard (from lord of the rings) had taken my doll hostage king kong style, and that an orc and his dwarven buddy had come to rescue the damsel in distress. It was quite funny and cute.

3. I misread this as "bananas", and thought to myself, "The people on this board are even more creative than I'd imagined!"

4. This is uber-sweet!

5. I have a story, but it's about my roommate's doll. Her and my other roommate and I were in their room, sitting on the bed drawing. I had been looking at her doll for reference, and then I got a phone call. So when I came back into the room, they had positioned the doll lying on his side, propping up his head with his kimono thing all splayed out and wrote "Hey, baby!" Next to him on my sketch book. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny if he didn't have such a smug face. x3

6. My mom tried to switch my girl's clothes and my boy's clothes with each other, but couldn't maneuver their hands through the sleeves, so I came home to find crazy naked time happening on my desk!! :o

She also goes through the box to switch their wigs and shoes. Every day for a week, my boy would be wearing his boots when I left for work, but when I came back, you can bet he was wearing the cute high heels!

7. Haha, go you! Don't think I'd have done anything less. :lol:

8. My parents don't want anything to do with my dolls one bit, but my dad used to play a joke on me when I was younger, by turning all my doll's heads around.

9. usually my friends put the dolls in sexual positions!
      i dunno but it's funny!

10. My boyfriend has this habit... Anytime my girl and my girlfriend's girl are out, he has to pose them in, let's say, incriminating poses and positions. He even, once or twice, took pictures of said girls. Of course, he denies doing this, but he's a horrible liar.

11. Haha... Some close friends & relatives were checking, are my girls wearing their underwear or not, are they anatomically correct or not, and sort of... And after the curiosity ended, all of them are laughing together when they found, yeah my girls anatomically pretty correct + wearing underwear, and even a cute & lacy one, so envy... :lol:

12. Since my dolls sit on my desk, whenver my brother is near them; he'll pick up their hands and instantly put them up the dolls noses and if i'm not home he'll do that-take a picture-send it to my phone

13. One of my guy friends puts Aria in pat-your-head-and-rub-your-tummy pose and sends me pics of it. That drives me crazy. My dad also puts mini beer bottles in Mase's hands and poses him like a football fan in the stands. >.>

14. Just today my boyfriend and I were hanging out and first thing when he showed up he very happily said "IT'S KOLE!". Then later when we were cuddling he leaned over and tried to put Kole in his cuddling position with his favorite bunny plush of mine. Then when he couldn't get it he's like "It's hard to get him to cuddle with it." I giggled.

15. Your mom is awesome! :D That's hilarious, especially with the heels. ^^ My mom might move mine over if they're in the way, but that's about it.

My brother's gotten a bit more adept with posing now and whenever I leave one or more of my dolls on the hall desk when I'm in the washroom or something, he's done something really interesting with them by the time I got out. o_0 They're usually extreme action poses.

16. Uhg, Whenever my parents are around with friends they make me drag my dolls out and then of course, my mom being my mom whips down their pants "LOOK AT THE PENIS! HE'S HUNG".. sadly it is Dollzone Mo who is not all that blessed... I guess my mom's never seen a big penis x3

17. My grandma thinks these dolls are way too expensive and tells me always to not buy anymore, but I think she's taken a liking to my tiniest one, Myles. X)
      I put him (lying flat) on the sofa today and went upstairs to do something... and when I came back, my grandma was watching tv and beside her was Myles, moved into a sitting pose and made to look like he was holding the tv remote and watching tv with my grandma. XD

18. Ahaha, my friends usually dress my doll in really stupid things. Mainly because they don't have their own doll, ( yet ).
      And my mom always shows my family his penis, as well as she always accidentally gets his head to come off |:

19. my boy has a pointing hand and my mum is convinced that it looks like he's doing the 'loser' sign when she puts his hand up to his forehead so she does it all the time. My auntie will also take my dollies and carry them around whenever i take them to her house. I don't mind that so much because she always wants to carry the big ones anyway and i can't carry three at once very easily.

20. my sister is horrible at sewing and she always asks if i can do it for her ... but one day i came home looking at my doll and was like: WHAT THE?!?!?! she made him a little santa hat and posed him in a funny way xDDD this was the only time she sew xDDD... ever

and she has this habit to pose him all the time i have him sitting on my lap xDDD