1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly things friends/family do with your dolls

Sep 6, 2010

1. On New Years eve my dad put Poe on top of the fridge and made him look like he was cuddling a bottle of sangria XD

2. whenever i'm playing with my dolls my fiancee "speaks" for them, he likes to think that he knows what they like, it's really amusing and sweet. and oftentimes odd ^^"

3. Your mother and grandmother are ADORABLE!! Everyone has such great stories.

4. Whenever I get a new doll my partner puts the doll to pick her nose. xD

5. My partner will tell me off if he thinks I haven't spent enough time with a specific doll. My sister always wants to pose them, because she wants a doll herself and likes to see what they all do.
      My favourite has to be my dad though. My dad always liked me when I was younger, because I was the girl that wanted to build things, or play golf or tennis, and didn't play with dolls heaps. Once I got BJDs though (I am 20 now XD) I started to take them to my parents if I went for dinner and such. The first time I took Andi and Porridge, Dad was a little uninterested, until I sat Andi down on the dining table. I had her legs bent so she was sitting with them stuck out to one side, and resting back on one hand. He walked through the dining room and sort of stopped, and was looking at her. My mum asked if he was alright and he just sort of said 'She sits like a person," I had to laugh, and showed him how the joints worked. He was very impressed - although I would have expected that, he is an engineer! He now has more respect for the hobby because the dolls are 'engineered well'!!

6. Today I left my boy unattended with two of my friends for an hour, and when I returned I found this;

[​IMG]

Stripped of all but a tutu and tied up with an elastic band, aparrently they'd had him in all sorts of dodgey positions while I was away too... >.<

7. I'm awaiting these things with horror. Parents are embarrassing.
      I love to pose my friend's doll, he's so peaceful yet somehow amused-looking. I'm convinced he's a closet seme (my friend doesn't mind, the doll doesn't have an official character yet). And somehow everytime she sees how I've posed him, she laughs at him XD I wonder if it's thanks to my awesome posing skills... *sparkle*

8. My friends like to play with my doll's wig. Mainly by treating it like some small animal, or by wearing it like a fez, or by putting it on their iphones and bringing up silly images XD

9. I was Dollsitting my friend's doll who happens to be my dolls little brother. Well I had a late class so when I came home my roommate would always have my doll in some type of pose, either pervy with my other doll or cute. Since Driny was over, he got to take part in my roommates playtime. I came home to find Soren giving little Driny a lapdance with his shirt hanging off his shoulders and little Driny stuff the five dollars my roommate owed me earlier that week in his pants. Greatest thing to walk in on ever after a long class!! :D

10. Every time someone is over and meets my boys for the first time my mom has to take it in her own hands to prove to these new people that yes they are male >> pour Apollo everyone has seen his man bits :|

11. What I remember is that, first time I show my doll to my parents, my mum immediately asks me if my doll could speak.. lol ...

And despite how I dress up my doll, my mum can not recognize if my doll is a boy or a girl.. and she thinks all my doll looks the same.. but they don't

12. I'd leave one of my SD boys out in the hall on the sofa from time to time and once mom called me from my room and asked me to face the doll in the right direction so he'd be able to watch what's on telly. xD

13. Well, there's this one time that I left Aidan alone. When I came back, he wasn't where he was supposed to be. My older brother moved him, not to mention posed him in a very suggestive pose that it made me ran after him until outside of the house screaming "Even I didn't get to do that!".
      And every time my friends drop by my room and saw Aidan, the first thing they would want to see is his man bits. Maybe I should make a chastity belt for him? =_=;;;

14. During Thanksgiving I had my Rong out on the couch during football, when my dad's team scores he reaches over to her and makes her "cheer" with him.

15. Occasionally I will bring my dolls downstairs, and leave them sitting on the sofa. One day my mom decided to relocate him down the hallway and set him near the fish tank so whenever someone came out of the bathroom; he was staring at them. At first I was worried I moved him without knowing, then she openly admitted she did. Unfortunately my sister didn't hear this and had a startle after taking 2 hours in the bathroom to do her hair and finally coming out XD

She did this again after my cousin mentioned how it would be freaky if one just showed up. She went and placed one on the stares. My cousin jumped a little before having a staring contest with it - which was weird because the rest of the family wasn't sure what he was doing :P

16. These are all so funny! I don't have any good stories yet. My dolls just chill in my bedroom and my family thinks they're creepy, so they don't bother with them, lol.

17. lol i've caught my daughter showing my doll to her dog and telling him to go and say hi to her. she loves doing that when i am not watching >_> lol

18. When I had a Pipos, my boyfriend set him on a ledge in the hallway. I thought it was cute that he wanted my BJD to be displayed. Then when I walked by a while later, I noticed that my Pipos was in a different pose. It became standard that whenever we passed the doll in the hallway, we would put him in a new pose ^_^

19. :lol: These are all so much fun! I live by myself, and my family is thousands of miles away, so I don't have any stories like this. Must be endless opportunities for family entertainment.

20. the only person i live with (unless you include my pets) is my boyfriend. visiting family isn't allowed to touch them without permission either!

copy & pasted this story since it's the latest one i have-

[​IMG]
      yj001 by ___rei, on Flickr

"'..funny thing happened while i was taking pics of YJ wearing these pants.

boyfriend came upstairs to see what i was up to. "Wait, wait, hold it, stop!". he then came over and very very carefully and gently re-aligned her pants because one of her knee joints had been visible through the slashes in the pants.

so here's Yoon Ji's flawless pants, courtesy of my boyfriend!"

funniest because my boyfriend is not a 'doll person', but i know he likes them in a weird way on some level... or he has OCD as well.