1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly things friends/family do with your dolls

Sep 6, 2010

1. XD~! I was looking for a topic that was like this, but I think it's long gone/burried. I wanted to talk about what happened when I was talking about my new boy.

I was telling my mom and my grandpa about my new boy. What his name is and how tall, etc etc. Then I said he was a "Master Beautician."

My grandpa suddenly has a chuckle fit. I ask what is so funny, and he said "That sounds like something else."

Now I can never, ever mention those words around my family. XD

No one really touches my Marc. Not because of fear or anything. They generally just leave my things alone. Though I bring Marc to the table every so often...and Grandpa always teases him.

"He's too young to drink." Or "Oh great, we have another mouth to feed." Or "Marc, please stop staring at me when I am trying to eat." xD

2. Iris hasn't been around quite long enough for everyone to be comfortable with handling him when I'm not around yet, but at least once so far I came into my room and found Iris surfing the internet. His hand was on the mouse and the monitor was on. XD My roommate did it, he was already sat in the chair before she got to him.

3. My family loves to mess with my dolls ...
      On one occasion, I accidentally left my 70cm guy downstairs when people were coming over. When I remembered he had been on the table I rushed down to find him. I looked all over before finally finding him... sitting on the pipe organ in the parlor with an antique teacup in his hands. I think that one was my dad.

The worst one! I left the same doll on the bathroom counter (okay I need to stop leaving my dolls everywhere) and went out for the afternoon. Coming back, I was met by my sister on the stairs and she said, "Better not go in the bathroom. Gail's doing his business."
      Of course I rush to the bathroom---my poor dolly was sitting on the (closed) toilet seat with his pants around his ankles with a wad of toilet paper in hand!

Last week we were staying with some friends and I left a doll out (again). This took place over the course of several hours. Each time I came into the room he was in a different place, though I didn't really think much of it, until the youngest boy came into the room and let out a bloodcurdling scream. His older sister had been moving the doll around so it would be in a different place, looking at him, each time he walked into the room.

Then of course I've had my sister pose both of them with their fingers up their noses. :doh

4. I love reading stories like these!

The other day my friend, Ginsey, was doing a face-up for my girl, Receba, and some touch ups on her girl, Noelle. Their bodies were sitting in the living room, waiting for us, and her dad--who's got no interest in his "resin grandchild" (her mom picked up the term! I'm not totally sure how kidding she is...)--suddenly got really excited that they were headless and got down on the floor to take pictures of them. We have no idea why! But he texted the pictures to Ginsey's phone like they were the best thing he'd seen in his life.

5. Awww, there are some really adorable stories.

I've not really had my girl long enough for anyone to play with her besides me. Although my three year old daughter will always cover her in her blanket if I leave it out "otherwise she'll get sick".

6. Oh I have the perfect one for this! I was showing a friend that lives a distance from me my dolls on Skype video. So he dosen't know anything about BJD dolls. He for whatever reason found my two custom house girls creepy. He said their eyes were piercing into his soul wanting to steal it......Part of me was kinda surprised other part was confused as to how somebody could find such adorable dolls creepy. I mean really they have the cutest faces!!! He was just plain creeped out. I do understand though that some people not into the hobby are creeped out by the dolls.

Another one (kind of ackward) I was in the process of dying one of my dolls a dark brown. She was naked at the time because I just put her back together. My dad made a funny comment on how she had genitals for being a doll. It was so ackward!!!

7. My mom said my tiny hates her. Whenever she has the little gal her wig without fail pops off. I can hold the same doll by her ankle upside down and that wig will hardly fall off but my mother? Poor woman picks her up and off goes the wig. My other tiny is much more tolerant of her but gives me hell now.

She tends to find stuff to scale more easily for my dolls then I do. "Hey Storm look wouldn't this be PERFECT for (insert doll here)"

Or: "Hey I know let's check the flea market for something like that!"

"Pfft your dad can build you something much better then that!" - When I wanted to buy a desk for one of my dolls.

Funny part is? She's right. My dad builds things forty times better then most places.

8. My brother would make my Sd, queenie pose like as if she is dancing ballet and always act shocked when i take off her hair to wash or style....

My sister would love my 1st girl so much and detest the rest of the crew >.< strange but she would be things for my 1st girls but not the others...

9. when my mum was dusting off the shelf Fionn is sitting on, she looked at him and said "well you could at least help instead of just sitting there"

10. No one touches my dolls except one friend who sometimes holds them. She doesn't really do anything except look at them and ask a few questions, though.

11. I did something really funny to my wife's doll one time! I don't think she'd let me post a picture, but I got one of the look on her face and it was PRECIOUS!

I'd bought her a second-hand limited edition doll that had been out of production for about a year. She'd been wanting the doll sooo bad! But I told her she couldn't have it until her birthday.

As another gift I had commissioned a cosplay outfit for a boy doll of hers who was based on a video game character, but that was a secret. When I was setting her presents out on our bed for her gift-opening on her birthday, I took the LE doll out of her original box and set her on the floor of the closet. Then I put her boy doll in his cosplay outfit in the girl's box so she'd be surprised.

First thing she wanted to open was her doll. I'd wanted to save it for last to play my prank, but she said she was too excited and wanted the doll to sit next to her and watch her open her other presents. XD Then she took the lid off the box and saw that it wasn't the new doll, but her boy in his new cosplay outfit. She was so surprised, she sat there giggling for at least ten minutes. She just looked so precious. ^^ I was so happy to have surprised her.

12. Well, I was in New Jersey aaaall day with my boyfriend (we left at 8am to drive out there), keeping him company on a caricature job, and wifey stayed home because she had her own plans for the day. I get home after 7pm, nobody home, walk into my room, and I see this:
      [​IMG]

I've never seen those sodas before ever, but there they are. My boy had sodas. MY BRAIN. OW.

13. we recently had a pretty big storm blow by us we didnt get the worst of it but my mother didnt want us near any windows in case anything went flying through them i asked my mom to move my dolls from their bookcase since it was near a window and since i'm in a leg cast i couldn't do it
      i just went into my room to find them like this
      [​IMG]
      according to my mom "they wanted to cuddle"

14. they'd take her and make silly poses with her lol like :

OH MY ! im naked !! i have no hair !!
      so on

15. The best moment I had like this is with my best friends little boy, Keaton, he was one at the time, and normally when they came over I would move my dolls up out of his reach on my bookshelf just in case he got too curious. Of course though, one day I forgot to do this, and so the first thing this little boy did was walk over there and tap on Seth's shoe look and my and say "see, see?" I got Seth down stood him up and Keaton just pet on his head a little before moving on to the rest of my crew. As he moved along he found that their arms move and you can take off their hair.

Well when we got to Thurin and got her to his level, well her head was over on the counter and her wig was just sitting on her neck joint, and you can probably guess what the first thing this little boy did. Pulled off her wig, and scared himself silly "Oh! Ow!" He drops the wig touches on the neck joint a second turns to me and goes "Oh! Wow!"

Keaton just handed her back and walked off. That's all this silly little boy wanted of dolls!

Other than that one time the only reactions I can really get out of people are about the heads and one coworker who is apparently deathly afraid of dolls.

16. These stories are great! XD I haven't had any weirdness with my dolls yet, but I'm sure it will happen some day.

I read it as "bananas" first too!

17. the first thing my brother did with my doll when i finally let him pick her up is pose her like superman and fly her around the house lol

18. My family doesn't really touch my dolls, but my mom teases about them having nipples and whatnot. xP

19. I had a friend that had 2 Fairyland dolls (Minifees) and I put them in a naughty position. She thought it was hilarious! (She is always okay with me touching her dolls since I wash my hands and stuff...and I used to make clothes for them)

20. Aside from my sister, no one bother my dolls but the other day I when I was beading I had my Goss on the little table next to me to see how things looked on him. Well my mom came out of the room to tell me how much Ji Sung looks like a young John Leguizamo in the kdrama Protect the Boss. Right before she could finish her sentence she nudged the rocking chair next to the table which hit the table and caused Goss to fall. I lie to you not, aside from being in a seated position instead of standing he fell exactly like this!

[​IMG]

My mom just stands there for a moment looking at me and then runs off back to her room like a little kid! I almost died of laughter. Just the look on her face and the way she ran off combined with Goss lying under the table with his wig all a mess and looking up at me killed me. I couldn't even be upset that he fell it was so bad.