1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Divine Discussion - Part 2

May 10, 2016

1. Here is the Dragon Doll body:
      [​IMG]

This would look better if the hook had let me put the head on completely. I couldn't even make it smaller with the pliers. The fit would be good, I think. The body is 64cm without head and 70-72cm with head. Big noggin!
      Shoulders are 15cm to 15.5cm.
      Full body shot: Harle head on Dragon Doll body

2. He's a chunky guy. Significantly shorter than all my other big guys, but thicc. :whee:
      I keep tossing up between the DollsTown 18 years body and the 5StarDoll Super Star body for my Harlequin. Both have their advantages and their disadvantages...

3. If you go with the dollstown 18, I highly recommend restringing with thicker string. I did that for my guy, basically the string that comes in the legs is how thick the string in the arms should be and then restring with new thicker string for the legs. Once I did that, he could hold poses and his knees didnt do the dollstown bend anymore. So much better than even sueding :D

4. Ooh thank you for the heads up! At this stage I'm 95% sure I'll be going with that body, just for resin match alone, but money is an issue (hello mortgage). Maybe in a couple of years.

5. Greetings! I am a new Simply Divine owner (I recently bought a secondhand Harlequin head), but have admired their sculpts on Instagram for a long while. /waves

So who jumped on the sale that SD just announced?? I bought the last Thomas on the Etsy store (apparently), along with a Richard. They'd both been on my watch list for a while and $100 off brought them into a price range I was happy with. I plan to turn Richard into Credence Barebone from the Fantastic Beasts film -- his facial structure is really similar to Ezra Miller's IMO. I don't have a character in mind for Thomas yet, he's just a hunk that I couldn't pass up. ;)

Info from the Etsy (something similar is on the DOA news page also):
      "We are thrilled to offer our 5th annual Christmas sale event effective December 1st 2018 and running the entire month!
      Please enter LOVELIZANDCAT for a 25% discount on all Simply Divine shop items, excluding our Simply Divine shoes, and our Medusa Valentina head.
      Please visit our NEW Website...SimplyDivinebjd.com for all things Simply Divine.

also.... stinesculpture.com for more BJD head sculpts, masks and accessories.

Please note: All international shipping will be by EMS.

Google"

#345 emac, Dec 5, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    6. :kitty2:kitty2:kitty2

7. :love:aheartbea:love:aheartbea:sumomo:

*waves to Liz*

Merry Christmas to all,

Love,
      Cat

8. I don’t know if Valentina/medusa Valentina is OT here, but if she is,,, what bodies have people tried her on?

9. Hey, I am wondering if these heads are still available for sale? I just checked the etsy today and it is gone T-T

10. The etsy is back up :)

11. So...I've kind of been eying Thomas, but I have a question for you all. I would be putting him on the Loongsoul 68cm boy body if I were to get him, and I wondered how this would work? Would it work, or will it end up being a disaster? I'd love some insights!

12. I think it could be nice. I have my guy on the Akagidoll 72cm body and it says his shoulders are about .5cm wider so I think it could work :D The neck might have a little room but I don't think that will be a problem.
      Here's my guy, I just made him a different character to who he used to be xD So this is Faust:
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Yay, finally after two years my Vortiger is done! Got the armor, crown and wife :lol:
      [​IMG]

14. So handsome! :love Is he a Jesse?

15. Wow! He’s spectacular!!!!

My Medusa Valentina is supposedly arriving today!

16. @Girrl thank you! Yes, he's Jesse, why so few Jesses here? :XD:
      @Chameleon thanx! And congrats! Hope you'll show her here soon!

17. I just ordered a Jesse three weeks ago! So I think Liz might ship him soon and I'm so excited! I've been following the Jesse tag and of course it's full of your gorgeous guy <3 I love seeing them all together, especially Vortiger and Valdorv :love

18. @AubreyMeeksArt whoaaa, really?! Can't wait to see your Jesse, I love your dolls, they're so cool!:D
      haha right, seems there is no other Jesses on the insta now :sweat Thank you so much for appreciating my boys! I love Liz's sculpts and would buy them all - fortunately I don't have characters for them :lol:

19. Thank you! I've been a long time admirer of yours and your dolls so thats incredible to hear :D
      I also want to collect all her sculpts so I decided to shell all my "abomination boys" as simply divines. I have three main ones and pretty much room to let the sculpts inspire the rest of them. I had to figure something out to allow myself to slowly collect all Liz's work.

20. @AubreyMeeksArt awww you make me shy^^ :blush
      Wow, that's great idea! Will definitely follow your project and wish you might and inspiration to make them one by one! :cheer