1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Divine Discussion - Part 2

May 10, 2016

1. @Rosslyn,My Thomas temporarily on iplehouse yid body. This neck is too big for him, but the whole body looks good. Bodies for Thomas' head must have shoulders 15 sm or bigger for harmony I think. And wigs with lesser volume...
      Not-so-good photo for examle
      [​IMG]

2. I'm expecting a Thomas too, but I'm pretty set on sticking him on the Dollzone B70-003 body, as the head is a reshell of a very dear character to me (and the body is perfect for said character). His original head became a girl, then the next head was too small, but I am hoping Thomas will be perfect.
      Val deserves to be handsome and perfect. The Thomas head is on its way to me as we speak. I dread the custom fees, but if the head works I will be happy.

3. I have a Harlequin I could put on the DZ B70-003 if your were keen to check out proportions? I think Harlequin is a touch bigger than Thomas.

4. If that isn’t any trouble for you, I’d love to see it!

5. Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot. :sweat The head doesn't look too bad, I feel like the neck just needs to be a touch shorter. That said, once he's got a wig and clothes he looks pretty decently proportioned.

6. Thank you so much for this! My Thomas head just cleared customs today, so let’s see how much he’s gonna cost to bring home XD

7. Hi ^_^
      I've read the 25 pages but... Does anybody tested a Harlequin head on a Spiritdoll body? Please help I would like buy that head but I only have a Spiritdoll and a Saint...
      Oh! sorry I've just seen in the first part of this thread page 50. ^_^

#488 ondinaluna, Jul 9, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    8. Kilian got a photo today. I've been really non-social lately not sure why but Kilian wanted me to wake up and say Hi!
      He is on an IOS class 70.
      [​IMG]Kilian 0709 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

9. Ooh I love Kilian's necklace @SteamWitch - I used to have something similar.

Edit: I asked this in the Twigling thread, but have recieved no reply yet, would anyone be able to put a Harlequin head on a Twigling body? I'd like to see if it works or not.

10. I might be able to, but it'll have to wait for my husband to get up because I don't think I can do a head swap 1 handed

11. All good! I'm in no rush, just super curious. :)

12. I picked up my Thomas head yesterday from the post office, and got around to painting him today before the rain hit. His color (venitian sunrise) is horribly ashen in comaprison to the rich normal yellow of his DZ B70-003 body. I was able to blush the head nearly to match, so I am quite pleased with him right now. Val seems to have slipped into the new head seamlessly now that he's painted. Tomorrow I will post some pics of him, I'm too lazy to edit the pics now as I'm heading off to family for the evening.

13. Sorry for the double post, but I got Val's glamour shots done, now that he's been color matched with pastels to his DZ B70-003 body in normal yellow. I'm so glad the Thomas head looks good on the body!

[​IMG]
      Here's my handsome boy!

14. I have found the resin to be quite ashen. My Harlequin is supposed to be Venetian Luna Magnolia, and he looks grey against other resins, rather than the pale pinky colour the website lists him at. Depending on if he works on a Twigling body, I may have to use him for a different character, hmm.
      Anyway, Val looks gorgeous! :D I love how he's matured.

#495 Quiet and Insane, Jul 12, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    15. Thank you for the compliment on Val, even if he looks nothing like the initial doll head he was, he still feels the same, you know?

And I hope he works on the Twigling body, that would be great! But I agree, the colors are super ashen, and the pictures on the artist's website are all badly lit so seeing an accurate resin comparison is near impossible... Good thing I do my own face ups and am able to color match when needed.

16. He definitely has the same vibe and presence, even with the change in sculpt. He's still recognizable as Val. :)

I hope so too. I wouldn't mind using him for a different character if I needed to as it's still a wonderful sculpt, but I also don't want to remove his current face up to do so. :lol: Agreed. I would love some well lit photos and resin comparison photos (not just between the resins SD uses, but other companies as well for hybriding purposes). Not that it matters to people who can do their own blushing and colour corrections, but it would matter to others I think.

17. @IzabethS - new Val is still very much recognizable as Val. Definitely rocking the same Val-vibe :D

@Quiet and Insane - I squeezed in some photos of my Harlequin on one of my Twigling bodies (small bust, standard torso and legs) this weekend before yesterday's surgery. None of the bald, straight on shots came out (stupid blackhole apartment/apartment building) but I did get 5 wigless mobility example shots. I thought I'd tagged you in the pictures on Flickr, but maybe not, I was a teensy bit distracted by the temper tantrum our rabbit was throwing (she managed to disconnect the power cord for my laptop, twice! She's under a lb, Idk how she managed, it probably weighs more than she does)
      [​IMG]

Taking these shots made me want a Twigling body for Athénaïs, but none of her wardrobe would fit anymore, so I guess she's staying on the F65 :sigh

18. Thank you @Quiet and Insane and @Girrl

I am so glad he still has the Val-vibe going. His lover, who is shelled in one of my wife's dolls, has accepted him too again, so that's also good. I need to get a picture of them and their daughter. Such a sweet little family unit.

Also, Athénaïs looks amazing on this body too. What a versatile head!

19. @Girrl - Ahhhh thank you!! (I hope your surgery went well!) Flickr didn't tell me about the tagged photos until today (my notifications always lag for some reason?) but that's ok! I had a look through the gallery you posted. I'm pretty damn happy with how it looks. The shoulders of the Twigling body are only 0.5 cm narrower than the DZ b70-003 he's been borrowing from Az (who is absolutely 100% not pleased). Ah this is so good to know. <3 Now to save up! Which resin colours have you got in the photo by the way? They look pretty similar.
      I have never seen a rabbit throw a tantrum before so now I'm curious and mildly worried. :lol: