1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Divine Discussion - Part 2

May 10, 2016

1. The Twigling body is DollShe Pale (from back when Twigling was getting her bodies cast by Mr. DollShe), which is what I think SD Pale is supposed to be matched to.
      Rabbit tantrums involve lots of flinging, digging, thumping, and sometimes retaliatory peeing, but Amira knows better than to do any peeing, that has never gone well for her. She tried it with the Hus once, who ratted her out, and my wrath was fearsome to behold. Today is actually little snooty miss' birthday, she's officially 10 years old! (and yes, that's old for a rabbit, who are considered "geriatric" at 6, and especially so for a purebred Netherland Dwarf who only has 1 kidney)

2. Awesome, thanks so much for that! I know Twigling has changed casters, so I wonder if I can ask them for a resin comparison with other companies to get some idea of which one will match my Harlequin.
      10 years old! Happy birthday! :kitty2 (Imagine a smiling rabbit, not a cat...)

3. I need to ask Twigling for a resin comparison for another head as well, maybe we should combine our resin comparison request (although I need to match Granado NS, not SD White)

4. I can compare old dollshe fresh Twigling, haru casting WS and soon enough the DCS (latest caster) to pretty much any doll I have on my profile.

5. @Girrl - Believe it or not, my Harlequin is not white, but magnolia (but you could have fooled me). He almost perfectly matches an old (yellowed) DZ white body. :sweat

@Chameleon - Ahhh...would you be able to do a colour comparison with all the Twigling resins you have against your Simply Divine and Iplehouse resins?

6. I can do that! I’ll do one now with everything but the DCS new resin because I don’t have it yet, and then another once it comes in

7. That would be awesome! I don't suppose you can get your hands on any Granado NS by any chance?

8. I can’t, unfortunately, but I can show it with some other NS that I have

9. Ahhhh thank you!

10. I admittedly mostly just lurk and look at the pretty pictures in this thread.:XD:
      I do actually have SD in Magnolia alongside newer Granado NS (SD from early 2019, Granado NS from August 2019) . I took a few photos with my smartphone camera in both artificial light and natural light.

Granado NS in left, SD Magnolia on right, artificial lighting:
      [​IMG]

Granado NS on left, SD Magnolia on right under natural light:[​IMG]
      Magnolia does lack a pinkish undertone, while newer Granado NS is pretty pinkish. From my experience with blushing the SD head, the resin really does take well to toning and blushing, so it's pretty easy to get it to match with just a bit of work.

I also have some older Granado NS I can do photo comparisons with if that might be useful.

Hope this is helpful :kitty2

11. It is Men's Monday on IG and Kilian got volunteered-told to be the one. This one is too big for the IG format, :wiggle
      [​IMG]Kilian by SteamWitch, on Flickr

12. [​IMG]Tall girl comparisons! by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

there’s a lineup of my dolls iple dark brown, iple ws, iple glow srs, Venetian Luna white and Soom cw, then a dollshe fresh ingenue, old vivid gamine, haru white gamine on a supia body, and a custom purple girl (in for a size comparison for someone else)

[​IMG]Fellowship?? by Indifferent Red, on Flickr
      The gauntlet of WS girls
      -snake head cap is simply divine Venetian Luna bone
      -head cap below is 2013 iplehouse ws
      -head cap below that is haru era twigling white
      -furthest left hand is dollshe fresh 2014 twigling
      -hand above is paper white Supia 2019? White
      -furthest right is soom cream white

13. Does anyone know of a good wide shouldered(like 2.5-3 head width) 70cm-ish body that works with these big noggins that isn't super muscular? I don't like the normal "doll" ratio of narrow shoulders vs large head for these realistic and mature dolls.

14. I have my Thomas head on a Charmdoll 70cm body, which is a slimmer 70cm body without being all the way into Dollshe Pure/Rhythmos skinny territory. I do think the neck is a bit long, but I don't like modding necks myself unless absolutely necessary so I'm making do. I think his shoulders could be a bit broader but they work under clothing so far. Here is the best pic I could find from my stash to show the neck and shoulder proportions without much clothing covering them:

[​IMG]Untitled by emac116, on Flickr

15. And because that wig, those eyes, and that shirt are terrible on him (lol)... here he is all dolled up. Meet Liam <3

More fun with filters and another pose here: Liam

16. He has such attitude! :D

17. @emac he looks so cool! :cool:

18. Thank you both! The wig was a lucky find secondhand, it's from Sophymolly -- whose work I absolutely love but can rarely justify the expense of. I think I need to fiddle with it a little bit to lower where the hairline hits on Liam's forehead, but the overall look is so close to how I originally envisioned him in my inspiration moodboard that I'm over the moon. He is one of the few dolls I planned out as much as I did when I sent him for a faceup, but without the wig it just wasn't clicking.

19. Thank you for the pictures, that body does look more proportionate than the one I currently have and your boy is beautiful ^_^