1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Divine Saturnalia Event

Jul 1, 2021

1. #1 Felix - means "lucky." he's getting his name from a contest!
      #2 Janus - the name of one of Saturn's moons; in astrology, January (whose name comes from Janus) is associated with Capricorn, which is in turn ruled by Saturn.
      #3 Basil - means "king" and thematically ties in with the traditions of the Ruler of Saturnalia and Lord of Misrule.

#21 faintnot, Jul 2, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    2. #1 Solstice
      #2 Prometheus,greek hero who stole fire
      #3 Equinox

3. Constantine
      Marcellus (Martzel)
      Hadrian

Great names ideas thread too:XD:

4. 1. Narcissus, the handsome Greek who died of love looking at his own reflection
      2. Endymion, the handsome Greek prince who was loved by the moon goddess Selene
      3. Adonis, the handsome Greek who was loved by the goddess of love herself, Aphrodite

5. #1 Artemius - Both general of Egypt during the Roman Empire and a saint. I like the name because is a male form of the name Artemis, so it has both masculine and feminine traits.

#2 Aloysius - German origin, and the meaning of Aloysius is "famous warrior".

#3 Melkor - From "The Lord of the Rings", means "he who rises in might" in Quenya.

6. 1. Aelin
      2. Ceres
      3. Aurex

7. 1) Roman
      2) Vitaly
      3) Nicky

I don’t have any particular reasons, they just popped into my head while I looked at him. Gorgeous work!

8. 1) Lem, which is of a Hebrew origin meaning "Belonging to God". Belonging to God indicates a sort of innocence that I think the sculpt embodies. The name is soft but blunt in an honest way, which I think suits the features of the doll's face. I haven't seen this name for a doll anywhere either, so it would be easy to look up the doll sculpt in the future.

2) Hoenheim, which is the true last name of a famous alchemist who went by the moniker Paracelsus. The name is soft but masculine and rolls off the tongue easily. It reminds me of the word honey and home combined, which suits the doll's face. Hoenheim is a character in Full Metal Alchemist, so there might be some confusion in searching for the doll sculpt.

Speaking of alchemy-
      3) Rebis, since the sculpt is a wonderful balance of masculine with an effeminate sense of beauty. An aspect of alchemy is studying ultimate forms. One such form is believed to be part man and part woman, otherwise known as a hermaphrodite. An alchemical hermaphrodite is also referred to as a Rebis. The name Rebis reads as a male name, sounding similar to Rhys. It also sounds similar to the word rebus, which is a type of puzzle combining images and words to spell out a sentence (and a rebis is technically an answer to the alchemical puzzle). It is uncommon, and would stand out amongst doll sculpt names. Even without knowing the origin of the name Rebis, it sounds cool and mysterious.

9. 1) Vox - Meaning 'voice'.

2) Dagda - After the Irish god, wisdom and strength.

3) Leo - After the starsign, which falls within July, the month of his naming.

10. So I know the head is supposed to be male, but it looks like it could make a great woman too, so I concentrated on names that could be used for any gender--

1. Kai (meaning earth or "Keeper of the Keys")

2. Lyric

3. Jin (Bright and Beautiful)

11. 1. Keanu - mainly Hawaiian meaning "the breeze." He reminds me of a picture I saw of "sad Keanu" & I believe he is a beautiful man.
      2. Ambrosius - "Divine." Plus it's Roman.
      3. Wynter - "The coldest month of the year." I choose to spell it with a "y"

12. 1. Finn
      2. Breccan
      3. Jinx

13. 1. Laurent (French)
      2. Percival (French)
      3. Zephyr (Greek)
      :3nodding:

14. 1. Lucius: means "light" or "shine"
      2. Salem: "peace"
      3. Draco: dragon, a constellation

15. 1. Riven
      2. Alistair

16. Diogenes (Greek)
      Aristide (Greek)

17. 1. Bacchus: Roman god of wine and revelry.

2. Aeneas: The first true hero of Rome, an ancestor of its founders, Romulus and Remus.

3. Virgil: Roman poet, renowned for telling the adventures of Aeneas.

18. 1- Elwood
      2- Matteo
      3- Stefano

19. 1. Sherman
      2. Alan
      3. Judah