1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind Discussion Thread

Nov 12, 2019

1. I didn't realize he offered layaways!

There are so many beautiful photos of Dohwee on Weibo (from the first batch). I wish there are more Chinese collectors who can share here.

2. I didn't realise either aha, I just paid for him upfront :sweat

3. I emailed them a few weeks before the second preorder and asked if it was possible, and they said yes! It was a strange layaway; half up front and the other half four weeks later, but I needed to have him!

Speaking of other owners, I'm actually a little bummed out! I found someone on Instagram who owns a Dohwee from the first preorder who is actually using him to shell the exact same character I am :( of course, I'm still going to shell the character, and our dolls are going to be extremely different (theirs is more of a manga interpretation and mine is more headcanon based) but I'm a little disappointed someone beat me to the idea!

4. Same! But at least we only had to suffer the headache of payments once. lol!

Deok-hyeon is super nice.:love

If two of you thought of it, Dohwee must be a perfect candidate for the character! I don't think it's too bad. There are only a handful of Dohwee owners at this point and I'm sure yours will be different enough.:whee:

-----------------------------------

On a side note, I ordered Dohwee in Pale Peach... Maybe I should have chosen Ruddy Real... Hmm...:sweat

5. I have experience dyeing, but Dohwee is the most expensive doll I've ever bought and I knew I was going to want him in tan skin for the character but I didn't want to risk dyeing lol. I was so excited when I realized he'd be available in tan/Ruddy real.

6. The casting seems to be finished or at least partly finished! :)
      I wonder if Deok Hyeon will do the stringing all by herself. The number of heads look to be about 200! Big order! :O

7. Ooooh how exciting~! Where did you see that?

8. OMG so exciting!!! One of those heads is mine :...( I'm suddenly so so so excited.

9. I ordered the ruddy real-- i was looking at the resin samples the other day on naver and i was a little nervous, i didn't like it as much as i remembered liking it, but seeing the head in ruddy real changed that for me, i'm so glad i got him in that skintone.

10. I’m getting excited too! Seeing the resin at the castor almost makes me wish I’d gone for the ruddy color or the lighter color but I’m sure I’ll love the doll anyways! They all look so gorgeous!

11. I think a lot of the orders came from China. Many of the dolls I’ve seen with faceups are from China, and I think they really support Deok Hyeon there.♥️ I’m glad she is able to get a lot of orders. But like everyone I wish I went for ruddy real. But I came to this realization right after I placed my order. But oof!

12. Yall just reminded me I have to email Deok Hyeon about a change of address, so thanks for being active on this thread today haha. This doll is so important to me, I'd die if he got sent to the wrong address. :XD:

13. THOSE DARKER SKIN TONES...!! Love it.. I hope I can afford one of her dolls someday.

14. Hello. Maybe too soon but... has anyone's November 2019 order shipped yet? lol

15. Not yet

16. Mine hasn't, as far as I know. In the emails I've gotten from Deok Hyeon in the past, though, she said at the latest they will ship by March.

17. Emailed Deok Hyeon about changing my address and she said that the dolls are shipping in FEBRUARY!!! Anyone else losing their minds? I'm so excited!

18. Wow I’m beyond excited! That’s pretty fast I can’t wait!!