1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind Discussion Thread

Nov 12, 2019

1. My Dohwee also shipped. Yay! But he will be leaving again shortly after arriving for a faceup. T_T
      Are you guys going to do your own faceup on your dolls?

2. I honestly am not entirely sure! I would love to practice a little more and then give him a faceup myself, but if I want to do that I'll have to wait until about October. The climate here is way too humid and muggy to even think about using MSC. I might send him away to a faceup artist if I'm too impatient... I've never done a faceup commission though, so it'd be a little scary :sweat

3. I will do the faceup myself! I’m too impatient to use a faceup artist haha. Plus I think it’s fun to do

4. hey! i wanted to ask here if the dohwee head fits normally on other 1/4 size bodies? i only bought the head but my dohwee just shipped out recently haha

5. He is an odd size. His neck is 7.2cm so I’m sure he’d fit on other bodies but I don’t know how that would look! Haven’t seen a hybrid of him but I’m sure it’s possible.

His complete measurements:
      Login • Instagram

I know for the wig the recommended is 7inches. 7-8inch wigs sometimes is too large. Chinese BJD collectors put tissue under his wig cap to make it fit better.

6. wah- i think ill look for a bjd body with similar measurements then! :kitty1

if someone here could post a hyrbid picture with a dohwee head it would mean alot!! :cheer

7. Login • Instagram

My boy arrived today, and I'm so happy! I don't have any other dolls his size, so he doesn't yet have absolutely anything (hopefully his stuff starts to arrive soon!). He's such a cutie I might have to send him to someone with better face-up skills, though I'm waiting for his big bro (Mazarine Blue Doll XiHyeon) to arrive for the final decision.
      I'm really looking forward to pictures of the ruddy real DoHwees, was a difficult decision between that and light peach. Anyone ordered that one?

8. I ordered ruddy real! I'm anxiously refreshing the tracking every hour haha. Congrats on getting your boy!!

9. Wow exciting news! I am happy to see Dohwees are getting on the hands of the English-speaking side of collectors! Can't wait how yours turn out. Is he in Peach? That is what I ordered too.

10. My boy arrived today~! He has nothing yet either aha, but I cleaned some mohair last night for a wig.
      Still wish I'd gone for ruddy real :doh But the mild pale is nice too, it's not pure white, and I think it'll look nice with a pink wig~
      I love him so much though, he's a lot more solid than I was expecting aha. I really love his hands and feet.
      @hyukwons I've got a dollzone boy body and a dream valley on the way, I could try his head on those if you like? Resin match will be bad though aha

11. Let's see pics! On the other hand, his stuff has been waiting here with me forever but mine has not left Korea. lol

I think the sculpting line of his hands and feet are adorable too!!! <3

12. I'll defs post some, but it might have to be tomorrow, I'm babysitting my nephew today and he's pretty hands on aha :sweat

13. Yes he's he's in peach :)

Our poor boys :sweat Pink sounds like a good match with him! I hope you post pictures! I wanted a synthetic wig for him, but I'm already thinking about just doing an acrylic wig myself so he has something.

14. I really need to get a better camera aha, but here's my Dohwee, Jasper~!

[​IMG]

I've started his wig cap, but still need to dye the mohair for his wig. He's got such wide shoulders lol, especially compared to my other boys, but gosh I love him~ I really love how his coa is a student I.D. card too, it's super cute :D

@starsonthewindowsill Aha, sadly it's the fate of most of my dolls, since I make pretty much all their clothing. I haven't had a great deal of time to work on anything, though I've got folders for each one with inspo pics of stuff to make~ He's got some shoes on the way, but they're in the package with my Dream Valley body whose tracking hasn't updated for three weeks now :|

15. Wish me luck tomorrow, everyone... Unfortunately, even though I emailed Deok Hyeon in January about a change of address and they confirmed that they would send it to my new address, my Dohwee was still sent to my old address three hours from where I live now. Because I no longer live in that apartment complex (which is student housing, which is not accepting packages at ALL due to covid 19), my Dohwee is at one of the post offices in Orlando. He's going to get sent back to South Korea if I don't try to get in contact with them, but their phones are down... so I'm driving six hours tomorrow just to try and convince them to give him to me instead of sending him back.

I'm really frustrated and disappointed, although I understand mistakes happen. I hope I come back with some good news tomorrow :pout:

16. Oh that's quite unfortunate! Hopefully you can drive back with a DoHwee tomorrow!

17. Oh no~! Fingers crossed you can get him~

18. update on my dohwee... i wasn't able to make the drive due to a massive tropical storm. after several days and Several calls, we finally got into contact with a representative for USPS. i explained the situation and she was so nice and put in like? a service request to the post office my package should be at? and gave me an information request number so i can get updates. they'll be contacting me by email. fingers crossed that he's sitting in the post office waiting for me rather than on his way back to south korea!

19. i forgot to post !! heres my dohwee head but hes not finished yet aha [​IMG]