1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind Discussion Thread

Nov 12, 2019

1. Was there ever an update from the artist? :)

2. Following:dance:dance

I'd also like to own a Dohwee. Their IG account havent updated for months now.

3. Hey guys!
      Has anyone tried resin matching Dohwee with other company dolls?
      I have the light peach head and I'm trying to find other bodies for it. It seemed like it matched ok with normal skin Fairyland dolls, but the neck part on those wouldn't allow me to attach the head (not S-hook). I'm interested in a Soul Doll body rn, but I really would appreciate any info.

4. From what I know from her twitter, she was really upset (and rightly so) about how quickly the doll got recast. She kinda halted stuff after that and just sent out all the orders from the second preorder and left. It was also around when the pandemy started, so it could be those restrictions as well.

5. Its just the 2nd pre order and it was recasted already? Those thieves.

I do hope she continues making Dohwee though. I'm still hoping to get one.

6. Oh my god, he's already been recast?? Urgh, that makes me so flipping angry. I'm so glad I got my boy when I did, but so sorry for her and the people who might miss out now

7. I'm glad I got him in time too. She was so unbelievably sweet and apologetic about delays and helped me out a lot. Seems like it just broke her will to continue. I was following her around the time she started sculpting him and it took her over a year to finish. Hoping with enough encouragement, she might come back this year :atremblin

8. I envy you guys:sorry i didnt even know Dohwee until after the pre-order ended, and the recast news made me feel that I'd miss out on something great.it feels like a double whammy kind of blow.

#128 ThatiRosen, Mar 18, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    9. I looked around on Obscure Kind's official IG and I saw that she was preparing another head sculpt (the post was posted on Sept 2019). I think the name is Hamyeong. She said that it would be Dohwee's friend. Maybe she's working on the new face?

10. Oh my gosh, that is so sad to hear :(
      That makes a lot of sense about why the artist disappeared and is so horrible!

11. I hope she's working on a new head and not just quit. He was so adorable as well! Also, if she never restocks Dohwee, I'm pretty sure there are people who bought extra heads and might sell them in the near future :whee:

12. Oh that's so sad he's being recasted! He's such an amazing doll, absolutely love him. I hope there'll be more orders in the future so more people could get him.

13. I've been checking in on this thread since I saw Dohwee on twitter a month or so ago and reading these recent posts is so sad, I can't even imagine how that must have felt for the artist... I'll hold out hoping that she's working on the new head, too!!

14. Oh, I just finally identified this sculpt as I had been looking for it after seeing it in on a Chinese forum, and I'm so devastated to read about Dohwee's artist and her experience casting her first doll, and seeing it get recasted... I understand her frustration ;; u ;; but like many others, I wish with all my heart for another Dohwee order! I'm sure a lot of collectors are waiting for her return to support her :) It's a gorgeous head with a superb body. I love how his ears stick out hehe!

15. Another one of my boy to brighten up the thread. He is still wearing yosd size wig. ^^;

[​IMG]

16. I was just looking for more info on this sculpt because a friend of mine (who’s not in the hobby) sent me a pic he found online of Dohwee, and now I’m in love with the him! But I hate hearing about the recasting and artist’s disappearance :( I hope the artist will return with good news soon!

17. I discovered Dohwee through a Taobao clothing store and omg I fell in love with him at first sight. I registered this account to actually comment and read posts about him. I wish I could find him a little earlier. The artist has been absent for 16 months... Not sure they will have a third preorder of Dohwee or not Second handed Dohwee is too expensive on Xianyu, like x3 than the original price. I found them at $860 so I pray that the artist comes back soon. I love him so muchhhhh.

18. Oh wow, that’s really expensive! I really wish I’d gotten more heads instead of just one :( I have a feeling the artist might come back soon. A lot of artists stopped working on projects at the start of the pandemic but I’ve seen most of them slowly start to come back. I think last year was just so soul crushing. Let’s hope they come back because dohwee is so precious :love

19. Just like many I also thought of going the secondhand route for Dohwee but the prices are too much, and as @BlackCatNova said, I pray that the artist comes back so I can support them directly :) I am confident also that they will be back one day, and I don't want to overpay for a secondhand doll.. I would rather give that money to the artist directly to encourage them to keep making their art! Dohwee is incredible and one of a kind... I'm sure the artist has so much more to offer if they will come back to us! ^^

20. Agreed!! I wish there was some way that we could send this thread to the artist directly and say, “Please, come back! We all want to support you and your work directly!”