1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind Discussion Thread

Nov 12, 2019

1. This is what I found on Chinese app Xianyu. The artist said that the mold was damaged last year. It's very unlikely they would make Dohwee again, maybe another boy... I still hope that they might release a small number of Dohwee 3rd orders. And I also believe their next boy will be cute. (I'm just loving Dohwee too much). I sent them the screenshot of our discussions, hopefully they checks the IG request mesages.

2-AE70-E8-B-8155-4-C1-B-8-BD1-6-B617-EF486-FC

#141 felix_h, Jul 4, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    2. How much is the secondary pricing for Dohwee?
      The original price was also quite high I think.

And although it is sad that there won't be a 3rd Dohwee, the artist showcased as very cute boy on their instagram feed before, I hope they produce that one!
      But I feel like she has been gone for such a long time... maybe she gave up on it altogether? :(

3. The original price of Dohwee is not that high to me. I could handle it. Head and body second handed Dohwee is $800-900 on Xianyu and Twitter. Secondary price for Dohwee is crazy, it's too... high for a msd.

Hamyeong, the doll they might make is cute. But I really love Dohwee I wish that they will still produce a small amount of Dohwee when they come back.

4. @felix_h Oh yeah certainly, that is about double the price. :O
      At one point after the second release, twitter had a bunch of Dohwees going for retail price, or price+faceup cost.
      Now the price has climbed, but I can't say I'm surprised because Deok-hyeon completely disappeared. :(

5. the maker (Deok-hyeon) being out of reach makes the price higher. i see this trend on Culur dolls. i just hope that Deok-hyeon comes back:eusa_pray

6. I really hope they do come back, it's such a shame so many people missed out on Dohwee, but I'd love the other sculpts they were working on too

7. ohh thanks so much for sharing @felix_h ! I agree that Hamyeong is also gorgeous; I would be happy to get either Dohwee or any other sculpt the artist decided to work on. I just wish they gave us a sign of life! If only they posted something on social media to let us know they are still crafting, it would make me so happy.

8. Dohwee is so cute, I didn’t know about him until this year when I saw a recast of him, I hope the artist comes back.

9. Sharing another pic of Liham here, please share your dolls too! <3
      Image is originally from my insta.

[​IMG]

By the way, has anybody seen a good hybrid of this boy?

10. @dolliberate Liham is adorable! :D

I vaguely remember seeing a post on instagram where the person used the Luts model delf tag for their Dohwee so that's a possible hybrid option. The measurements aren't too different either if I recall correctly. I might try getting a MDF slender type or Kid 45 body for my Dohwee but I probably won't get one until Luts has their winter event this year. For now, he's borrowing an old KDF body but the resin is a completely different color and I definitely want him to be taller!

11. I thought Dohwee stands at 48cm?

12. @ThatiRosen Yes, he is taller than most MSDs but his other measurements aren't too different from some of the 45cm bodies out there. His shoulders are about 1cm wider than the Luts MDF slender and Kid45 but the chest, waist, and hip measurements are around .5cm or less difference between the bodies. Neck measurement is the same across all 3 bodies too.

Another hybrid I was considering was with the Withdoll MSD body since the shoulder measurement is closer but I think the Luts bodies appeal to me more for Dohwee.

13. Ow. ok. is the original body a good poser?

14. @ThatiRosen Oh, I don't have the original body! I was just comparing measurements from one of the artist's Naver posts. :sweat My Dohwee is just a floating head for now but I'm sure someone else can comment on the body's posing!

15. I keep checking in occasionally with the hope that I can finally get Dohwee… I hate not using social media or anything, because I don’t even know where I’d get him secondhand :...(

I hope the artist comes back. They’re so talented, and I’m so sad recasts hit them so hard.

16. I think I saw someone put him on the 1/4 Charmdoll body. Can’t remember for sure but I’ll be getting one in so I’ll have to try the Dohwee head on it when it does come

17. Not a terrible poser
      However the shoulders and hands I ended up hot glue sueding to hold poses better. And the legs and elbows are peanut joint style

18. Is it just me, or does it seem like the artist’s Instagram might have been hacked…? The bio is different and looks really strange.

19. This is so sad. :(

When you posted about that, I sent them an email to check. The e-mail bounced.
      It looks like they have abandoned the account / company already.

The twitter is still up but she has not posted there either.

EDIT:

Weibo is also gone.
      Naver blog is still up.

#159 dolliberate, Jan 7, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    20. That’s so sad :sorry …. I really hope they’re okay

#160 DaemonFae, Jan 9, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2022