1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. @drifts - I hope the company gets back to you (just for future information) but I'm happy you found another seller who made you feel more comfortable!

It's really nice that you can do your own faceups - I hope you'll share when you have finished this one. Cold Dew is an enchanting sculpt, and makes me wish I could handle SDs.

2. Thank you @StellaMarigold :-) They unfortunately never got back with me. But, my girl arrived and I can't wait to get her a body!

I'm sure it is somewhere in this thread, but I'm not a great digger... can anyone with a Cold Dew say off the top of their head if 14mm or 16mm fit better? I'm thinking 14mm small iris eyes might look good.

3. Cold Dew does well with 14mm small iris

4. @drifts ...hmmm my Cold Dew wears 12mm eyes- but then again, I always tend to go a size down compared to what is recommended ><

5. Hi again! Can anyone speak to Sio2 NS and Dollshe's resin match? Sio2 seems pretty light, so maybe Dollshe's Fresh would match? Or, would Oriental be better? (In other words, does anyone have Sio2 NS that they can compare with either Dollshe Fresh or Oriental? Haha)

6. @drifts I have a Dollshe Oriental from 2018 and I can confirm what @zekarmisama says that the Oriental skin colour does seem slightly more pink these days.

7. @zekarmisama @Lotte Rotten Thank you!! Hmm, that's a toughie... it looks like Fresh isn't terribly far off, but might be better to blush the head to match Oriental... I'll definitely keep it in mind!

8. I did something kind of ~wild~ and got a 68cm Loongsoul body on the Marketplace at a nice price... I wanted to see how Cold Dew would look on a bigger body, and I wanted a good poser, so it seemed like a good choice. I suspect she will look a little pinheaded, but I think that will make her a good match for my incoming Dollshe Saint!

I will post pictures for reference once she's here and strung :-)

9. @drifts I think your Cold Dew head will work Ok on a 68cm body- after all, the size of this head is quite big. My Cold dew is on an old Dollstown13 SD body- I sometimes think the head would look nicer on a slightly bigger body, but I personally feel any dolls bigger than regular SD size is too much doll for me to handle haha^^ Please do post photos once you get your doll put together, would be nice to see :3

My sweet Jun wishes everybody a Happy weekend^^

[​IMG]

10. @xibita Thank you!^^ Please do post photos of your Qiankun once you get him! It's such a lovely sculpt but for some reason not many seems to have ordered him yet.

#232 Lotte Rotten, Jun 13, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    11. I just found out about this doll company last week and I've fallen in love with their 1/3 head sculpts. Looking around online it seems only Qiankun is in stock.

Does anyone know if Sio2 is planning to make any female head sculpts soon? Should I follow their Weibo or similar for updates? I love the realism of their heads and have been trying to find a good girl's head!

P.S. I've seen the Misheng head here: [SIO2]Misheng head-Limited - stacyspinkocean.com but it reminds me of Angell Studio Xi Shi, whom I already have!

#233 Ruyilala, Jul 16, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    12. My girls finally have faceups, after these years! I tried my Taolu on my Super Gem body. That face is so much cuter now that she’s made up!

edit- It would help if I showed the picture.
      [​IMG]

#234 Pandy, Jul 21, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    13. @Ruyilala I keep an eye on SIO2s Instagram page as I find they often post updates on there for new dolls they are working on. I do hope they will make more SD sized girls head soon- their dolls are so beautiful :3

@Pandy Your girl is lovely- the face up you gave her looks great^^

14. Thanks! I actually sent her and my other two Sio2 heads out for the faceup, she just came back!

15. @Pandy, ahh sorry my mistake! Please do post photos of your other 2 SIO2 heads- would love to see ^^

16. So out of curiosity (and the fact that I'm kind of itching for a new doll) I experimented with my Taolu head on my Dollzone 56 girl body (NB56-001):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually really like the match!
      While I also tried her on my EID body, the neck was way to thick. And after placing her on the body I realized that the April Story Clover (whose body it originally was) looked weirdly small.

So now Clover needs a new body ><[/SPOILER]

17. Having resin match woes. Spiritdoll (which was stated as a match and which I had around home before I got the head) is not in fact a match. It looks like, based on artist pictures, that Luts 2016 'normal' (not real skin normal) is pretty close? I also have an oYID body that isn't a horrible match, but there is a noticeable difference.

Anything else been coming close for anyone?