1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. So I've been occasionally going back to the etsy store to see if they restock Taolu SP, and then when I went to the FB page I noticed.... they are listing heads on FB that aren't on etsy?

There was a new head (Jurao) that went on preorder in December, and then there's a preorder this month (!!March 2021) for another new head (Qingyan). Does anyone know if they are just not going to update their etsy with these things anymore? I would be so sad if I had to keep going to facebook to find things.

2. @vermaxen It's a little strange that they don't update their Etsy shop.. Do people place their orders via FB then? I noticed that they update their INSTAGRAM with photos/info of their new heads.

3. I asked for a sio2 tag for the doll profiles and the mods obliged! So now when we post profiles or pictures we can tag them :D

Just an FYI

4. This reminds me I need to finally re-dye my girl's body and have her be finished so she can have a proper profile. :sweat

Need to make her a less intense shade of pink this go around.

5. After months of doing nothing with her, she is re-dyed to be a less aggressively pink color and has a new face-up.

Her lipstick is dark red but my camera is convinced it's nearly black.

I think I want to get a less crimpy fiber to make a new wig with.

[​IMG]20210412_152510 by Kaxen6, on Flickr

6. I’ve been noticing more updates on Facebook for sales, but the doll heads do show up on Etsy. Once the order period is over, the listing is promptly removed from public view. I ordered Jurao on Etsy via messaging layaway and was a bit frustrated that I couldn’t obsess over the listing pictures and had to go to Facebook for them.

I got my pretty Jurao today though. I wish I could have gotten her with that faceup! This picture, however, is not of Jurao…

It’s of the packaging! I really want to share this picture, because it’s a bit confusing to see different styles of containers for Sio2 heads and wonder if they are legitimate. I am copying from my Flickr description here to save a bit of time. Do note that I ordered only from international head releases, directly from Sio2, and I didn’t get all the heads that have been made available via those methods either. So there are possibly more styles than these.

[​IMG]

Left is from the 2017 Taolu SP order period, arrived 2018. It is literally a canister that had the lid taped on. Pretty, but it is a pain getting the head safely in and out of this! Head came wrapped in foam wrapping. There is no branding on the container and the sleeve around it is paper. One can’t remove the lid securing tape without tearing the paper, and the lid is loose on top, making it prone to loss. I was glad to see the later upgrades.

Middle is the 2018 multiple head (Taolu, Taolu SP, Bailu/White Dew, Hanlu/Cold Dew, Sue) order period, arrived in 2019. It’s an acetate box with a branded sticker label on the front. The head came in a polka-dot bag that was wrapped in foam.

Right is the 2020 Jurao order period, arrived 2021. It’s a latching, padded box, the head is wrapped in foam inside. Such a lovely box, I only wish it was branded somewhere, but it isn’t.

#246 Pandy, Jun 3, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    7. I suspect that what you’re looking at there is just a walking tour of what’s available as packaging for small Chinese artists at each time. They’re not exclusive to SIO2. Oasisdoll uses boxes like the second example, and I’ve gotten several of the third from ShouShou Doll. My wife found a listing for those third boxes on Taobao and I seriously considered buying more for head storage. The padding is so nice!

For us the canister was great though, because the box containing our Taolu was crushed in transit and I think if he’d been in a normal inner box he would have been damaged. It’s a finicky thing, but it did it’s job!

8. I super agree that it’s very likely a “work with what you have” kind of packaging there. The can is very sturdy, I will give you that. I’ll also take a look to find one of those boxes to put my Taolu SP head in. The can might be sturdy, but if it scratches her faceup I’ll be super mad at myself for keeping her in it. XD

9. :D after a couple of years of just having this head and not knowing what body to get, my little prince finally is a whole doll!

Hes definitely yellowed a little, not a stark white as he was, but thats fine, he'll match well enough once i finally get him blushed!

[​IMG]

10. Oh wow a little prince! You hardly see any of those around. Looking forward to seeing your vision for him.

11. @Coffee-Bat Congratulations on getting a body for your Little Prince^^ It's such a good feeling when one is finally able to bring home a body for a floating head! I agree with @vermaxen that you hardly ever see photos of this sculpt- hope you post some pics once your guy is face upped and styled (he's very cute tho even as a blank sculpt)

12. @vermaxen i know, i wish there were a few more! I think ive only ever seen one other one that was painted, other than sales photos! I cant wait to get some clothes and paint on my boy!

@Lotte Rotten haha, thank you!! Im hoping to have him styled and at least one outfit before the year is out! I can't wait to get some real photos of him!

13. :chibi
      hey, if you can / don’t mind, can you share pictures of your jurao? if not that’s alright! i never see any pictures of her aside from the official sio2 ones, and i plan on getting her the next preorder. i know people have had problems in the past with sio2 dolls not looking like the promo pics. i just hope she’s as pretty in real life as she is in her promo pics :chibi

14. I second wanting to see a Jurao!

Now that I have a Taolu, a Bailu, and a Hanlu I need to take a group shot once everyone is painted and has bodies. Right now only one is complete (Hanlu). Two bodies are on the way and one head is out for painting. So maybe by late winter I'll be able to get that photo...

15. Has anyone managed to find a reasonably close match, recently, to Sio2 ns resin? I didn't see any real or recent confirmation on this in the thread anywhere.

16. The closest I ever found was an older (so a little bit yellowed) Volks body.

Things I know don't match: Luts NS, Impldoll NS, DFH in Volks NS (this is close but too pale), Spiritdoll NS (too peach).

17. has anyone heard anything about new preorders from sio2 as of late? do they even still sell on etsy?

i first sent an instagram message towards the end of december regarding jurao preorders, and they replied saying that she would be rereleased in january, so i went back and checked their etsy nearly every day to make sure i wouldn't miss her this time. i sent another message late january and asked if i had missed it somehow, but they never replied. at some point yesterday, they had seen my message, but still never replied. i wrote an email a few days ago and still didn't get an answer.

i hate to be bothersome, but i am really sad i never managed to get her. o(TヘTo)

18. Well, their Etsy seems to still be active. The last review posted on it was in late May of this year for an in-stock head someone recieved from them.

But with the Chinese government still imposing sudden lockdowns here and there without any advance notice, maybe they just don't know when they should open preorders again?

19. I get the feeling like they don't really want to do 1/3 sized stuff so much, since they have discontinued a lot of the SD sized heads and their tinies have been a lot more prominent when they do post anything. I know last time I sent a message through Etsy I had to send a couple and the eventual response (about Bailu) was that it will never be made again. That was a while ago.

20. maybe that's all it is. i hope so! i've been really kicking myself for missing her :( i'm just not sure why they wouldn't get back to me, if that was the case? they told me so confidently that the preorder would reopen in january, so i'm not sure what happened but i definitely feel it was something.

that's also the feeling i got! as badly as i didn't want it to be true, it's starting to get harder and harder to ignore :( i loved the style of their 1/3 sized heads, it's such a shame to think that they won't be made again (TヘT)