1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. White Dew is going on sale in March! Oooouch, my wallet. Now I will need to plan out two new doll bodies. TAT

2. I'm excited about White Dew, too. Which body are you thinking of putting her on?

3. I think I might go cheap for a bit and get the 70cm Mirodoll body for her for now. I am hoping the resin match is not bad, but we'll see. Eventually, I would like to upgrade to Dollstown. What body are you planning?

4. Hmm, does anyone know if it's normal for Sio2 to not confirm payments? I finished paying off my Little Prince on layaway, but never got any kind of confirmation for any of the payments I made. I haven't heard anything from them since I made the first payment in fact so I'm getting a little worried now....should I bug them about this?

5. This happened to me when I put Talou on layaway and then paid the head off. I wasn’t send an invoice or anything else initially either. I ended up writing them to confirm that they got my payments and to make sure there was no problems. They wrote me back within a day to say that yes, everything was in order. They told me they were waiting to send out a round of invoices to people? I received a full invoice a couple of weeks later.

I would write them if you’re concerned (and I totally feel you because I /was/ concerned when I heard nothing). They’ve been quick to respond when I have written them with a question — usually within a day or two.

Hope this is helpful!

6. Thanks for the advice! I just sent them an email, so hopefully I'll hear something from them soon. I did get an invoice for the first payment, but no confirmation for any of the later ones.

7. I got an email confirming my paying off my layaway, about a week or two after it was done. I wonder how production is going with the split.

8. Update, I messaged them on etsy and they confirmed they'd received all my payments, and actually said they're preparing to ship this month. Not sure if it's really going to happen, but it's good news!

I had trouble finding their etsy just by searching the etsy site; I was only able to access it through a link on the Sio2 home page. Here it is for anyone else who's having trouble: SiO2 Doll is a unique personal art studio, focus on BJD by SiO2Doll.

9. @bickazer Thanks for the link to their Etsy shop. Do they ever put up heads for sale/pre-order on Etsy?

10. They said before they would have their next order on Etsy in March, but I have not heard anything else about it since then. I do hope they give an update.

11. I too waited for the White Dew preorder in March, which did not happen, as it seems. I wrote SIO+ an email maybe two weeks ago and asked about White Dew, but haven´t gotten any response so far.

12. Okay, so it wasn't just me. I figured I'd missed it. Whew. Misery loves company.

13. There's more details in the tinies thread for Sio2, but it seems like the two artists involved had a fight and split apart recently. One of them locked the other out of their email/facebook/instagram accounts, so because of that the sio2 service email no longer works. It also seems like one of the sculptors was in the hospital recently, the one who's responsible for the SD heads. So all these factors could explain why there was no preorder in March.

14. @bickazer

Thanks for the update. Oh, the drama of the BJD world! I read the convoluted turns on the other thread. Guess I'll give up on White Dew for now.

15. @bickazer Thank you so much for the update! I am currently waiting to receive the Goddess Bust Piece and I received an e-mail earlier this month telling me that the previous SIO2 Doll e-mail had been stolen and nothing too in depth.

16. Ah! That is a handy update! I also suppose I will be content with my Taolu SP head for now as well when she shows up. :D

17. Got an update via their instagram--it seems the artist is out of the hospital and they're getting ready to ship the heads out. So that's good news!

18. I got my shipping notice! Anyone else got theirs? :whee:

19. I got mine too! So excited, she will be here just in time for the Chitowndollz Spring meet. I will have a chance to try to find her a good resin match and suitable body before she heads out to the faceup artist. :D

20. I got a shipping notice as well. It was a wonderful surprise as I expected to wait at least another month. :lol: