1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. I received my shipping notice as well! :3nodding:

2. My Little Prince arrived ^0^ Box opening here!

I kind of have mixed feelings because he doesn't match the body I got him at all....but the sculpt is really cute!

3. Congrats! I would also recommend a faceup artist to match the head to body. They usually do a good job, and a matched head is much easier to maintain than a matched body! If you don't prefer that route, you might also look into taking the chance on a trade with a NS head.

My girl is really cutting it close to her Sunday meetup deadline. My tracking says she is still in China. *_*

4. Hi everyone! I just got my Taolu SP in WS, and wow...she's really totally white...like paper white, I didn't expect it to be that white. I choose WS as I thought it would be easier to find a white body for her. Initially I plan to put her on Loongsoul 69 girl body.

I checked the resin match with my Loongsoul white skin, and nope the head is still much whiter than Loongsoul's white. Of course, blushing the head is an option, but I'd really prefer to have a close resin match for the long run. Any suggestions on which company has similar white resin to Sio2? Thanks in advance. ^^

5. @Elvenrose I also received my order in WS yesterday. Little Monica's white skin might be similar.

6. Maybe Resinsoul could match too? I remember they had paper white resin. I can look around at the meet tomorrow and take pictures next to a piece of paper if you want me to. XD

7. Okay, glad I'm not the only one who was caught off guard by how white the WS is. I also thought that a white head would be easier to match. :sweat

Still not sure if I want to get a new body that matches or have the head blushed (though that would limit my choice of artists a lot, I guess), but I'd be interested in knowing what else matches Sio2 white too. I like the current body I have but I'm not super attached to it, so I'm open to other options (but that it's so white it doesn't even match Loongsoul...sheesh....).

8. @bickazer I'm in the same spot right now! I have a normal skin head that I could definitely use for my bust (currently using it until I decide), but I am also tempted to get a different head in white skin. Blushing the bust to match the head would be great practice for me but having a similar colored head would be much easier. :sweat

9. @Elvenrose I think I read somewhere that Doll Family have resin that's almost paperwhite

10. @Pandy Oh! that's so sweet of you, if it isn't too much of a trouble, that would be fantastic!

I attach a picture of the head here for reference, as you can see the white resin is almost the same white as the tissue wrapper it came with.
      [​IMG]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/949/28062307058_06c88a4741_b.jpg

#70 Elvenrose, May 6, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
    11. @bickazer Yeah, the WS in their resin comparison picture didn't look as white. I'm a bit bummed that Loongsoul WS didn't come close to sio2 WS too, that means a change of plan and need more time and research for the closest resin match.

I just found that 5stardoll WS might be a close match to sio2 WS, plus their girl body (superstar female 69 cm) is on the bigger side and from the measurement, it seems very promising to be a perfect body for sio2 head which is HUGE (24 cm) keeping my fingers crossed. I emailed 5stardoll if they could do resin match, they said not anymore but they can help to determine if I sent a picture. Waiting for their response with their resin comparison picture as well. I am most likely going to try this body, if it doesn't work...the body only costs $220, so I don't feel wasting too much money on something that doesn't work...

Super Star female body - Ball Jointed Doll ♔ 5STARDOLL

12. @Elvenrose Yeah, it really didn't seem that white in the pictures. They didn't say the resin color but I feel that Little Prince is obviously in WS in their promo pics and he matches the body perfectly? I got the exact same Camellia Dynasty body for him.... (Actually, I'm starting to suspect I might have received a NS body by accident. The body got sent to me like two weeks after I made the order; maybe they just had a random body lying around and shipped it off without bothering to see what color I wanted >_>).

I'm still torn about what to do but I think I'm starting to lean toward getting a new body? My only concern is having to wait even longer for him to come together and not being able to sell the current body. >_>;;;; I don't think I'll try to get a proper WS body from CD this time given their complete lack of communication previously, just too risky. Thanks for the lead with 5StarDoll, unfortunately none of their bodies will work for this character. :( If the DF white is really paper white it might be worth trying, though? I like the DF-A body type 2 and it's about the same price as the CD body. And I know I can order through Alice so communication won't be a problem.

13. @bickazer I checked your unboxing post, I totally feel you. Maybe you could cross check with Camellia Dynasty in case they really did sent you the wrong color? Or at least ask for a resin comparison picture between their normal and WS. This is really frustrating.
      If you decide to get a new body, there's always risk that the new body will not match again...I'm sorry, but been there done that...it gets tiring and frustrating =(( *sighs* I'm going to keep looking for the closest WS to sio2...if all else fails, I will just blush that head.

14. @Elevenrose I don't know about contacting Camellia Dynasty since I doubt they'd be very communicative. They never confirmed my order, only replied to me to say "he's ready to ship" after I asked them if they'd received my money, then I didn't get a shipping notice or tracking number, and then one day the package slip shows up. So even if I asked, I don't think they'd answer. >_> The whole experience has somewhat soured me to the company.

I only got this body because I thought it would match the head. I do like it but I'm not overly attached to it (the joints are kind of weird and hard to work). If there's a better option, I'm definitely going to consider it. But yeah, first I have to make sure that it actually matches.

15. @bickazer In that case, you can try hunting for a new body with better match. I did search around a bit, and judging from the pictures available online the companies that have similar white resin are Dollzone, Resinsoul, Doll Leaves, IOS, Fairyland, 2D doll, Universe Doll. Some of these companies may or may not sell separate bodies. The pictures I found are not directly compared with Sio2 tho, but the white resin from said companies look very much white (almost paper white like sio2) compared to the rest in the same picture.

I am a little discouraged looking at the company choices, as I don't feel any of their bodies will work for my Taolu. The only way out for me is to blush the head to better match the body of my choice or give up and sell the damn head

16. A kind gentle brought his Bleater to the meet, so I took the pictures with it. I do have a few pictures, just having trouble uploading and sharing them. :/ But I can offer some insight.

Dollzone/Doll Chateau white has a little creaminess to it, it is not stark white. The only color that got really close to stark white at the meet was the paler of the Dollshe whites on a 40cm Saint. I got pictures next to a Doll Leaves body and my DC girl, and they were too creamy. I did not spot any other obvious white colors there when I looked over the display area. My friend has color chips for Mirodoll and Guudoll, so I think I will compare the colors later to a piece of the packing foam I just got with my girl who FINALLY decided to show.

That leads to my question. Does anyone have a 12cm neck they can give me their opinion on for Taolu? I just so happened to pick up an IOS80 body on layaway at the meet, and my girl's (maybe boy's? ) color looks suspiciously similar to how I remember the body's color. I doubt the neck is big enough, but I miiiight be open to a mod? Also the headcap, holy heck. I could stone a man to death in the name of the Feminist matriarchy with that thing.

17. @Pandy Thank you so much for the info! Much appreciated. I think I will try to see if Spiritdoll 66 girl body will work on Taolu, I plan to get Spiritdoll Dahlia soon. If that body works, then I would order another body. Spiritdoll can color match. So hopefully that will solve all this problem

I'm not sure if a 12cm neck will work on Taolu as she is stated as having 10cm neck (I haven't measure it myself to see how accurate it is tho), but if the data is correct, then you would have a lot of sanding to do. And yes! the head cap was ridiculously heavy! I hope we don't have to deal with head tilting backwards due to its heaviness. :lol:

18. @Pandy Thanks so much for the info! Oh man, so even Doll Leaves doesn't match (darn, I like their version 2 60cm boy body). Would it be possible to do the comparison with Guudoll? I've been eyeing their 60cm body as well. (Although I suspect their white also may be too creamy =/)

19. @Elvenrose, Spiritdoll white isn´t paperwhite also, at least it wasn´t for years. And it yellows real quick.

20. I am still trying to find the time to go see my friend with the color chips. It might be a bit still.