1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. I remember back in the day when Dollzone or Doll Chateau were great sources for paper white bodies. But alas, no longer, now they've yellowed it up. It's kept me from buying anything further from them. But, since I have an old DZ body, I guess I just need to get my hands on an Sio2 head....hopefully they can get the biz back online...

2. I’m sorry to hear that everyone is having resin matching problems. It is a pain. The normal skin Sio2 head is slightly yellower than I expected but after having received a yellow-green head from the LLT Roderich open eyed release that matched absolutely nothing EVER, this is fine. If I have to, I’ll just tint the body I have in mind and move on.

My Talou head did arrive and very quickly. I hadn’t posted about it because my wife was painting it. She finished him this week and I am so in love. Talou is such a gorgeous boy. I hope everyone doesn’t mind if I share a pic of my new boy. His name is Tsubasa and while he’s having to body share right now, I am 100 percent sold on this head. It was definitely worth the wait.

[​IMG]

3. Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing. Now if only they would do another preorder. Sigh....

4. Thank you! :aheartbea

I’m sure they will at some point. I wrote them a few months before they did this release to ask about Talou because I’d been admiring the sculpt and they let me know that they were doing a resculpt/re-release. So hopefully it won’t be the only one and we’ll see the head again. /crosses fingers for you.

5. Hi, I had never heard of them before and I really just am blind sided by Iplehouse but I saw Peach Deer for sale today and I FELL IN LOVE!!
      She is amazing. I have bought her but will have to wait about a month for her to arrive as she is in China and her owner is currently in the US.
      She is going on an Iple YID body I have spare. I will post pics when I have her

Your Cold Dew is so beautiful!
      I’ve just bought my first SIO2 Doll, Peach Deer.
      I need to see more of these fabulous sculpts!

#85 The Fig Leaf Elf, Jul 30, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
    6. I am pretty excited, I had just recently saw someone selling the original Peach Deer head, and realized she would be perfect for a doll plan I had been trying to find the right sculpt for~ So within the coming weeks I will be looking forward to her arrival~ :D

Though it seems from reading through some of the posts here, she is in normal resin color and that I might have some difficulties getting her a resin match body. Has anyone up to this point had any luck finding a body that suits her color?

7. Just saw that SiO2 is now selling their heads on etsy :D So excited since I missed all the pre-orders before, or couldn´t decide in time. I got the White Dew and Taolu heads. Was hard to chose the color, in the end I opted for WS since it will probably easier to get a body for that. I am totally happy right now :)

8. #88 Pandy, Nov 21, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    9. Does anyone know the head size for SIO2 heads? Is Cold Dew’s head really 9.5” in circumference?

10. I have succumbed to Cold Dew without a struggle. So much for being done buying dolls this year. ^^;

11. Haha, yeah, I am in the troubles. I wanted to send my Taolu SP off for a faceup, but now I have to buy more heads, and then send them all at once.

12. @americanseamstress 8-9 wigs should work if that's what you're concerned with. I painted a white dew recently, and they have large head circumference and small faces.

13. @rianne

I’m in the market for a smaller head to fit on of my bodies and always liked the look of Cold Dew. Looks like it may not be the right choice in this case though. Beautiful head, however

14. My poor Taolu has been here for more than a year and he still has no faceup. *rolling of eyes and gnashing of teeth*

I'm no help on the resin matching front, I am using an Iplehouse boy body from 10+ years ago so nothing like they do now. He does have a big head, so he fits in with the proportion of old school dolls (Volks/Luts/etc) def not a pin head like more of the newer realistic sculpts.

15. I am really, really excited to see Sio2 return. We had been planning to buy a White Dew but then the pre-order never happened. I have to say I find Cold Dew pretty tempting as well.

I ended up putting my Talou on an older Luts SDF65 body because the head was too yellow for the newer SDF65 body I bought. The older body has aged so it’s a little better but it’s not a perfect match. I do have a Volks SD16 which is what they recommend and I would imagine it would look fine on that because of the shoulders. Resin-wise it’s also a little closer to Volks as well.

Talou is gorgeous though, particularly with a face up. I was very lucky to have my wife face up mine. :aheartbea
      [​IMG]

16. I saw that Talou is up for preorder again and I really want to place an order, but the resin match difficulties are putting me off a little.
      I read through this thread to confirm matches and like many others, I thought white resin would be easier to match, but it doesnt seem like it.

Its good to know that Volks is a closer match though. I do have a spare NS April Story body that is a close match to Volks, perhaps this could work... but personally I'm not a fan of the hands on that body.

There is still quite a lot of time left to order so I'll have to think about whether or not to go ahead with the purchase and if so, what resin colour to go with.

Everyones SIO2 dolls look so gorgeous in this thread! :aheartbea

17. Damn, I just paid off a layaway and now this happens. Aargh. I thought I wanted Cold Dew then I saw some pictures of Taolu SP and now I'm torn. I wanted the head to have a look like the dolls in Ghost in the Shell 2. I wish there were more pictures out there to see of these dolls...

18. I still think white skin will not be that much of a problem for me - mostly because I have an excellent face up artist who blushed the most impossible mismatches matching again. I searched up and down for a 62-65cm girl body with a neck circumference of 10cm and a two part torso, but that really is a challenge. Most bodies have only 9cm neck circumference. Has anyone tried the heads on a body with such a smaller neck? Does it work?

19. Spirit Doll Proud Girl (66cm) and Soom Super Gem (65cm) are 10cm. Iplehouse and ImplDoll are at 10.5. I think it would be better to get something larger and sand the neck down. There's lots of bodies with 9.5cm necks which would be close. Glad the size got brought up. That might keep me from ordering....

20. Thanks @dollhausen ! I had looked at the Impl-Bodies at Alice Collections, but did overlook the ones with the bigger neck size. Thats good, since they are on the cheaper side. I have several Spiritdoll Proud bodies, and beside of the rather high price they yellow so fast that you think they get paid for it. Iplehouse would be a good choice too, but they are hard to find without a head.