1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. I've ordered a Cold Dew in normal skin and I absolutely don't know on which body I'm going to put her. :lol:

2. Dollstown has solid body options too, and their oriental resin is pretty much the ideal mix-n-match ns. My Cold Dew will go on the new Dollstown 17 vision body, so I'll be able to take pictures of her on that. For ratio purposes, I also have Limhwa girl bodies (57-60cm, normal/realistic proportions) and the standard DT17 girl as well as three different newer dollshe guy bodies. I can pop my cold dew head on any/all of them for you guys. I also typically have about 6 other heads here for commissions, so resin comparisons are super easy.

3. @Ashemanu I didn't know that about Spiritdoll. I'll keep that in mind. Granado Nuevo is 9.7 so that's pretty close as well. For Iplehouse you might be able to do a split or just sell off the head. But I'm not a big fan of those bodies. I think this discussion has tabled the Sio2 purchase I had in mind. Of the seventy-seven listings I have in my SD Neck spreadsheet, only two of them are 10cm while twelve listings are 9cm and nine are 9.5cm. It's a good resource for rating the pain index of hybriding. Obviously, it is far from being comprehensive so YMMV.

4. I would like to see your heads on the different bodies you have, rianne, please.

5. @rianne, seeing that pictures would be awesome!
      @dollhausen, too bad this made you decide against the heads. They are so beautiful :) I think I will order an Impl Starbody in WS. I have Spiritdoll Proud and Iplehouse SID at home, then I can see whats best for the second head. I would love the muscled Starbody, but both White Dew and Taolu do not look like very muscled girls somehow. Or I just have to switch that around in my imagination a bit ;)

6. Happy to help, guys. ^^ Now we just have to settle in for the heads to show up between... January and May? Haha, the artist says up to 6 months, but Etsy says 6-8 weeks. I guess we will see. XD

7. D: I misplaced my Taolu Sp head somewhere. I remember taking it out because I hated struggling with the can she came in, but now she is somewhere in my mess of a room. I even dug out my Oriental skin Dollshe Bernard faceplate to compare with her, but I can already tell he is too dark to match.

8. Yeah oriental is a bit darker. That's actually way better for body matching though. It's super easy to blush a head a bit to match a darker body.

9. Well, to be honest, I have to say that some of it is that I just got one doll in the mail, a head just showed up that I forgot I ordered which needs a body, and I just paid off a lawaway on a body for another head I have. So, it's also that I need another floating head right now like I need a hole in my...wait...that's redundant...well, I need another floating head like a fish needs a bicycle. Yeah, that.

10. A question for those who have a head like White or Cold Dew - does she have a "nomal" 9-10 wig size? Or is the head somehow difficult, that normal wigs do not stay or something? Thank you!

11. I've painted a white dew. It was a normal 8-9 head. they look a bit egg-headed because the faces are small, but it wasn't a weird size/shape in general.

12. Thank you, that helps alot :)

13. I ordered Winter Dew, and Taolu SP today~ Exciting.

Also, yeah, as a note there is a bit of stock on Taolu SP up on their etsy. I know there is only one NS head left!

14. My Taolu just came home. I am so excited!

15. Ah, so lucky! That seems pretty fast.

16. Grats! When did you order? It´s not from this etsy-preorder now, or is it?

17. I'm kind of curious about Cold Dew, but I saw posts saying these dolls have small faces, so I was wondering if someone could measure their faces for me so I can get an idea? (like chin to brow ridge) I can't find that many photos of these dolls around.

I mainly want to know if she'd look out of place next to an Iplehouse Chris or Dollshe David Kuncci or Aramis. If any of you have an iplehouse or a dollshe to compare her with that'd be great!

18. Jumping this bandwagon for comparisons with other dolls! I would really like to see SIO2 (winter dew or Taolu if I can choose) next to a Volks doll-preferable the bigger headed molds. Please and thank you.

19. I can help with this one. Here’s a picture of my Talou boy next to My SD16 Megu. Talou’s features are bigger except for the eyes which are pretty small. However, I also feel that most dolls have small eyes next to Volks girls. :D. These two are actually supposed to be siblings.

[​IMG]

20. @sephyelysian

Gah! <3 They are so good looking together, and I'm glad to see that their face is bigger than what I was expecting. It is nice to see Taolu on a male body as well cause it gives me an idea of what I should seek for my boy (My Taolu SP is planned to be a boy~).
      I totally agree btw, Volks girl eyes are definitely much bigger in comparison with other dolls most of the time. They make a great set of siblings. Thank you so much for sharing!

Also I LOVE the styling on your Megu! <3