1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. @Gunter von Christ Thank you very much! :aheartbea Talou’s head is not small. It would easily fit a Volks SD16 body for a girl. My wife and i have a range of dolls from Volks to CP to Little Rebels (and Shoushou Doll) to go along with this guy. He fits in pretty well, I think. He’s not hyper realistic but he’s also not super cartoony either? I don’t know if that helps.

Yeah, I wanted my Talou to be a boy, too. Talou’s features are perfect either way. I put mine on a Luts SDF65; the resin match isn’t 100 percent perfect but I don’t find it intolerable and I adore the SD17 type proportions with the mobility the body has. I have tried on him on a SDF body as well (because we had one lying around). It was cute but it didn’t really work for me because it felt too small though the neck fit just fine. I tried him on a Peakswood Dandy 61...he looked a little lollipop. That body (which is my favorite boy body) is too skinny and really much pinker than the head. Sio2 was very accurate though in saying the resin was a closer match for Volks.

Thank you again though! I’m glad you like Ayu. I was happy to finally bring her brother home. I need to take more pictures of them together. <3

2. I am very tempted by a peach deer head, but I am a bit troubled by getting a body. I have a Natrume Angelina Jolie head that is BIG head, but found an impldoll body was perfect for her. Does anyone have a pic of the peach deer head in a hand just for reference, or maybe next to a Feeple60/65 head so I can get a general idea?

3. Ended up deciding to just take the plunge on Cold Dew.

4. Just got a shipping notice for my White Dew and Taolu-heads - now that was really quick :D

5. I just got a notice for my Cold Dew as well. :D

6. I got a notice for my Cold Dew too!

7. Ooh, congrats on your shipping notices! Even though I shouldn’t have, I submitted my order for Taolu and White Dew. I will have to hope I can find Cold Dew on the secondhand market later. I waffled so much because I need to save for a surgery, but I can’t resist those faces! I hope that when you guys get your heads, you will spam a lot of body combos and faceups.

8. I am waiting on White Dew as well. No shipping notice for me, but I only ordered on the 25th.

9. hello! AAAaaa your Sio2 dolls are oh so lovely. I was thinking of getting Han Lu/Cold Dew but was quite unsure if it'll fit the character I have in mind due to the lack of owner photos. If you have one one, and if it's alright, I'd like to see your doll's photos. Thank you.

10. [​IMG] ANOTHER UPDATE! I have recieved a message from sculptom and was told that promo image was build and generated on a Computer software. They use 3D printing to make a first option. Dont really understand why its different though, because it meant to print what generated but Il just keep the head and maybe try and mod it to look like a promo.
      I just recieved my Peach Deer head and Im a bit confused. It says Talou on the card. But its also says Talou/ peach deer in etsy store, is that the same doll?
      Im asking because I feel like head I recieved does noot look the same as the picture

#130 pinktezka, Jan 1, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    11. The angle is not the same, that makes it difficult. But the heads look very similar to me.

12. Talou and Peach Deer are different names for the same sculpt (I think Talou means Peach Deer in Chinese). You definitely have a Talou there. The original, not the SP version.

13. Yep, that's the same doll. the angle/lens distorts some things, and I think the photo is a prototype, but that's definitely peach dear/talou (same sculpt).

14. Thank ypu! Iv seen some pictures now, and yeah, right head even though It looks different to me

Thank you! It looked so different to me, I got worried

#134 pinktezka, Jan 1, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
    15. Angle is the same. Maybe 1mm off. I have confacted creator and been told that promo pictures are pictures generated on a PC for 3D printing. Thats why they look different

16. I've gotta set up lighting for the body trials, but I figured I'd provide some wig and scale info. I actually just popped a 7-8 monique gold wig (so very stretchy) on my cold dew, and it fit fine. She's got an egg-head in shape to be sure, but it's not huge, and for most poeple I'd recommend an 8-9 wig. Her face size and proportions are very similar to my limhwa girls, so should be similar to the new larger female dollshe face size as well. Since the Cold dew sculpt is the most 'realistic' (not realistic really haha, but relative to the other heads) of the sio2 dolls, this info really only applies to her.

17. I blushed the cold dew head I'd ordered to match any volks-type resin and took a bunch of reference shots. Here's the big one (you can see how pale her headcap is relative to the other dolls).

18. Is the sale of Sio2 over? I thought it ended the 10th? D:

19. It ended January 1st

20. My Peach Deer looks just like the one @pinktezka received and I'm quite upset about it. It's nothing like the listing image no matter what angle you look at it from. Oval shaped head instead of more rounded, lips are different, eyes are totally different... The doll head I received and the listing photo are without a doubt different. I'm so sad about it, peach deer was my grail :(