1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. You are starting to make me nervous, since I am still waiting for my Peach Deer - I read the explanation @pinktezka got from SiO2, with the 3D printing and such. How could they show pictures which do not represent the actual product? I hope at least White Dew will look like on the pictures :/
      I can understand your disappointment, @alexolotl

2. Yes, I agree with you! It is very upsetting. Now they have changed pictures of unpainted heads for real unpainted thing on etsy, but still kept misleading painted version( which looks like painted head they had displayed before, not the one we recieved and they now added to the leasting.

3. Well, I got my two heads yesterday. White Dew looks like she is supposed to look. I have to admit, without this discussion here, I wouldn´t have noticed a difference in Taolu. When I look at her, I can still imagine her with the face up from the sales pictures and look the same. But I haven´t got a very good eye for these things in general. Today I will take a closer look at her.

4. I just tried the heads on a SID girl body, since the bodies neck size is 10,5cm and the heads are supposed to fit on 10cm neck size bodies. Well, it totally did not work. 10,5 is far too big, from the look of it I would say 9 - 9,5cm will do the trick as well and much better. I am a bit miffed about that since I was so stupid to believe SiO2s specifications and ordered a body with a 10,5 cm neck. Thankfully just one body. Guess that will mean alot of modding work.
      I also don´t like that the magnets are not glued in already. But that´s really a minor problem.

5. I have some compareison pictures but its annoying to post them here I need to first post them on my FB. So il add them im my stories on my Instagram where I am Pinktezka as well. so If anyone wants to have a look its there.

6. Oh, that is disappointing, Ashemanu. I had also been wondering about that body too. I suppose I will have to hope that my Miracle Doll body works with my girls when it gets here. Everyone can share the body if it works!

7. @pinktezka your head is totally different !! Bigger eyes, Different mouth and nose, even the global head is different... You ordered the head on Etsy ?

I have a tracking shipping for my taolu but I ordered her with Stacy pink ocean.
      I don't want the new version I want the old one... this one :

[​IMG]

#147 Youpla, Jan 12, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    8. Did anyone else get an email from Sio2 about the difference and asking if you wanted to cancel your order? I got one around a week and a half ago and she later added that she would like a response of yes or no so that she could process my order either way.

9. @Pandy No, I didn´t - would have been nice if EVERYONE who ordered got that mail. Even if the difference is not that visible to me, it would have been fair to their customers to mention it right from the start.

10. Sorry, I got it on the 9th, so it would have been the day you got yours. She seems to have sent it in response to the bad feedback left on the Etsy.

11. I know @Pandy :) I just find it very bad business behavior to show pictures of one head, send out another and then, when people start complaining, admitting to it and offer cancellation of the order. Theoretically they should offer to all others, who already got their heads, to take them back and pay the shipping costs for it + refund.

12. For those who were interested, the cold dew head is ideal for bodies like SD16 (there are references on flickr). My big bodies are mostly the wrong style. Dolsltown 17 girl is pretty good though.

13. If anybody’s wondering about the differences between them, this is Taolu (belongs to @idrisfynn) next to Taolu SP (belongs to @sephyelysian). I don’t own either, I just got to have fun painting them and thought it was neat how subtle differences in sculpting gave them such a different vibe. (And they were both kind enough to give me permission to post.)

[​IMG]

Can anybody with White Dew confirm how big the head is? I’m in love with her face but I’d want to put her on a smaller body and if she’s as big as Taolu I don’t think it’d work out. T^T

#153 Amet, Jan 19, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    14. @Amet White Dew is smaller than Taolu. I put her on a female SID body, and it looked good. The size difference is very noticeable if you put both heads next to each other.

15. That’s both good and kind of terrible (for my wallet), but thanks for letting me know!

16. Here is a picture where you can see the size difference. I apologize for the horrible graining, but my camera absolutely refused to take a better one. White Dew is on the left (blue eyes) and Taolu on the right.

[​IMG]DSC00992 by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

#156 Ashemanu, Jan 20, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    17. Yes, on Etsy.
      I was being kind of careful in my wording here, but more forward about what I think on my Instagram. And I think head is unacceptably different and I dont understand how it could look the same for anyone. Also I dont want to make u panic but from my understanding heads from the first release looked the same as the one I recieved. And Artist told me that sales pictures are PC generated and not a picture of an actual head. I have no idea why no one had a problem with it from the first release, but here we go.

18. @pinktezka I did ask my GF if she thought the head I got was the same as the promo pics when I first got it home. She convinced me I was seeing things and I let it go. Knowing it is not the same as the promo is disappointing, but that leaves me with two choices: return the head (which I like) and not have one at all, or keep the head I have and like (since the other head technically never existed). At this point, it is what it is. Hopefully SIO2 has learned something in between.

19. I know I am quite late to the discussion regarding Taolu/Peach Deer looking different. (I received my Taolu/Peach Deer on December 31)

Honestly, I thought I was going a little crazy because my acquaintances said they couldn't tell the difference! I actually feel quite relieved that I am not the only one who felt that the head they received looked different than the pictures.

I've been wanting this particular doll for quite some time and I won't lie... I really did feel disappointed when I opened up the box. It just wasn't what I expected. The features looked more elongated and a lot flatter that what I imagined.

I wonder if anyone has the 1st run of Taolu/Peach Deer to do a side-by-side comparison with this most recent batch. The head I have in my hands looks very different than the ones I fell in love with on IG and Flickr. I'm curious if the sculpt is truly different or if it was just lens distortion from cameras.

Part of me still wants a Bai Lu/Cold Dew, but I'm a little reluctant to order from Sio2 after this pre-order.

--

Oops I forgot to add. I decided to keep the head because I don't want to just "not have it". It's a weird feeling.

#159 pleiades, Jan 24, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    20. I know the feeling, I have decided to keep and mode the head. I feel like offer to just return it was not good enough anyway as we had to wait for the head and many people bought bodies for it as well. Also SIO2 had pictures of actual head but choose to put fake images up. So basically they mislead everyone on purpuse.