1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SIO2 Doll

Apr 28, 2017

1. The first run iv been told looked the sane as ours, that why Im so surprised people did not have a problem with it

2. @pinktezka : Oh wow, that's honestly surprising. Maybe lens distortion from the camera really did make the head look different in those cases too. Well, I guess at this point I will try to make the best of this situation.

3. Honestly its no way a lens destortion. I dont even know who came up with that its ether a different head that by some reason was redone or photoshop. SIO2 says its a PC prototype but im doubtful about that as well. Things out of 3D printer come out the way the look on pictures, thats basically the point of it. So i dont know what happened there but im sure its been done intentionally by SIO2 because as I mentioned before there is no reason for them to post thous pictures in a sales post when they had actual pictures of the heads availeble.
      And I guess u r right we just have to make the best out of situation

4. Mine is from the very first Taolu order. You can see my doll in the picture posted above by @Amet.

5. Hi, i really like White Dew from Sio2 and i want to hybrid with Iplehouse Y.I.D girl body. But im not sure about skin match, pls help me :( Sio2 just has 2 skin type, but Iple make me confuse
      (Sorry fo my bad English)

6. I don't have a Peach Dear (I don't even have my White Dew, yet), but I have been following this thread and looking at the photos. I think I know what happened, based on working with 3D prints and casting doll parts myself. It looks to me like the "Prototype" head that was used in the sales photos was a 3D print with minimal cleaning. the supports are off, but that's about it They eyes are barely beveled, if at all, and it has certainly not been primed. No matter how high your layer resolution, you will still have ridging on the print and priming or polishing of some kind is inevitable. Once the eyes were beveled they appear larger and the primer softened the lines of the nose and mouth quite a bit. They are the same head, just pre and post casting prep.

That said, I do agree that the sales photos should have been, at the very least, of the cleaned and primed head, rather than a raw print. Even if you don't have the actual product to show for a preorder, the finished Master is going to be available.

7. SIO2 posted on facebook the next batch of heads is gonna ship at the end of March and the next two batches will be April and May. And they have new packaging.

Hopeful me wishes my head will be included in the March batch, but I ordered a few days past the midpoint of the order period, so being in the April batch is possible?

8. @zekarmisama Thank you for passing alone the update. My Etsy listing is marked "Feb 7 - Mar 1" so I was beginning to wonder.

9. Yeah the etsy shipping estimate was set very optimistically despite the fact their item description says they can take up to 6 months. Mine is "Jan 30- Feb 21" sio2 posted the update like right before I was about to lose my nerve and e-mail them.

I am never having like 3 things on preorder at once again. It cranks up my antsy nature.

10. Ugh, I ordered at the very end, so I’m thinking I will see the girls late May or even June. That is fine, my income will be stable again by then. Maybe I will save the $300 I need to send them out for faceups before then, so they can go right out again. That will be exciting.
      Also, I flipping finally found my Taolu SP head again! I put her away this time in a box I was saving just for her. There’s the large Chitowndolls meet in May coming up, and I am determined to find the best match for my heads this time.

11. Thinking about it more, I am quite happy to wait another month or so. I have another two months to wait for the body I bought her, after all.

12. I haven't made up my mind on what body my Cold Dew head is gonna go on.

Part of me wants to just fudge it and put her on a shorter girl body because it's easier to buy cute dresses for, but the body suggestions SIO2 gives are a little taller.

Though literally any body I can put her on is easier to dress than my HID gal.... I love her except for when I am trying to shop for her....

13. I am waiting for her to put up any extra heads for sale since I missed the pre-order period. I don't mind Taolu having a longer face and slightly different eyes. I think he/she will still look gorgeous either way

14. I am also unsure about bodies for my heads. I put in an order months ago for a Miracle Doll Melanie mostly because I was hoping the body would work for my girls, but I am now really considering a Dollstown body. It would be really nice if they would look good on a 60cm body though, and it would open up some good possibilities for better matches. Although, I plan on letting the faceup artist I want do whatever she wants, even down to choosing their genders, so wouldn’t it be funny if they all came home as boys right after I decided on girl bodies?

15. I got the Impldoll Star Body (65cm, muscled Version) for my White Dew a few days ago. I am very positively surprised! The head fits perfectly on the neck, and the proportions look real good for me. For a shorter body the head would be too big, but that is only my personal taste. The Impl White Skin has a pink tint, while the White Dew head is paper white, but than can be healed with blushing. I think I will get the same body for my Taolu-head, just the non-muscled version.

16. @Ashemanu Do you think the 63cm Impldoll body would be too small, then? Because that is what my White Dew has on the way.

17. @glyndon, it´s all a matter of personal preference. I like smaller heads on bigger bodies, everything else reminds me of a lollipop. So a 63cm body would be too small for me. But that doesn´t mean it wouldn´t work for others. In real life there are very thin women whose heads look huge on their bodies. Which is ok for alot of people. It all depends on which look you are aiming for. I have a Little Rebel Jelle head (not that small) on an 58cm Ringdoll body. But in that case I wanted that look. White Dew isn´t a very huge head, so all in all I think she will work with a 63cm body.

18. Oh! The White Dew I ordered on December 24th arrived yesterday. I opened the package thinking it was a lot of eyelashes I ordered last month, because I didn't get a notice for the head. That was a lovely surprise.

19. Anybody here order one of the in-stock heads? I did.

20. Ive always adored SIO2 Little Prince! I wish I got one during pre-order. I rarely see the sculpt around either. :(