1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sio2 Dolls

May 26, 2016

1. You're quite welcome! Just figured I would share where applicable! <3

Oh goodness he's cute. I can't wait to get mine. That exorcist 360 head turn is a bit disturbing though! :lol:

Also, is that his penis just hanging out in a bag? :sweat

2. OH, also, sorry for the double post but I don't know if anybody has mentioned this before.

Funan is getting a brother.
      It's likely that this little guy is a human with deer ears. Sio2 told me his name is "Yuzhi", and he's coming out sometime in 2018.

There aren't any official announcements yet, but Sio2 has shared in-progress works on her twitter. (Note that the following is speculation, I'm making educated guesses here, decide for yourselves if this little guy is Funan's brother or not! :3nodding:)

First up are these shared photos of a ball jointed hand and some clothes.

[​IMG]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7n0DYtVQAAsM0D.jpg

Then, Sio2 has posted this familiar looking fellow, working on a non-jointed figure that looks suspiciously close to Funan's design. The hairstyle has changed slightly, but look at the outfit, the hand pose and the ears.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_DGhm4UAAYfrZO.jpg[/url]
      [url]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_DGhmxUAAAMBIr.jpg[/url]

(Here's some more photos of him after he's been 3D printed: [URL='https://twitter.com/Dy183844750/status/866507715182338048']子迁君 on Twitter[/URL])

[/SPOILER]

#182 TollTheBell, Jun 19, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
    3. Oh no, I am so totally doomed! Whoever he is, I'm starting a savings account today! I loved Funan, but don't do 'taurs and this boy is ( or will be) the crowning glory of my collection. When/if he is released...? Still there is hope, and time to save. Thank you @TollTheBell for sharing!

4. You're very welcome! :thumbup I'm happy to be able to share!

Honestly I don't really do centaurs either, not gonna lie. I had to buy Funan because I fell in love with his face sculpt. All said and done I would have totally rather have had human-Funan but the deer-taur body wasn't enough of a deterrent. :sweat

Having a human (again, educated guess here!) boy doll from SIO2 with a similar look to Funan is immediate Holy Grail status for me. :drool I'll be saving up and being vigilant as well.

5. I honestly loved Funan's head a lot, but couldn't pay the cost of the entire doll to get it. If I did have the money, I would have in an instant and tried to do a hybrid. Heck, I like all the artists dolls. I just prefer male more than female. Though I do think Burmilla can be either. It's my lack of finances that keep me just looking. But the right sculpt comes along (looks like it might), and I'll have to get it. Even if I have to sell all my other dolls!

6. I'll definitely share pictures when I get him!

Yeah the head being backwards LOL. And, I actually hope those are his bits in a bag because I'd like to have them stay seperate/be optional. I was kinda wondering how that was gonna work. I'd rather him not have them visible to people who would see him standing around my room LOL. I also don't care for any doll's bits too much myself.

FRICK. I think I MIGHT have to save up for this guy too.
      Do any of their dolls come in a color that isn't white resin? I wish my Funan's human half was a sort of normal skin color because I already have a solid white centaur and I like a peachy or NS color more than a bright white. But beggars can't be choosers!

Also I love centaur dolls a lot so the minute I saw Funan... Well RIP saved up doll funds!

7. Yeah, I suppose when I say "the deer-taur body wasn't enough of a deterrent" I suppose I'm being just a touch hyperbolic. I like deer-taurs, actually they're one of the only "-taur" types I really enjoy, along with some interesting ones like springboks or antelopes. Horse-taurs are cool too but they have to be REALLY special in order to peak my interest.

I also have to say I like Funan's (upper, human) body too. I really wish his chest was jointed, but besides that I'm in love with the sort of soft, willowy, feminine look he's got going on. It's very anime, haha. I know there are other feminine male dolls out there but they tend to feel like more "realistic" feminine. Funan just has an ethereal sort of beauty going on.

I feel badly for all the people who wanted the headsculpt though, because boy was this one hell of a doll to be interested in splitting! *_* 90% of the people who want SIO2's dolls are going after them because of the whole package, and that's quite an expensive body any way you'd slice it if someone were to do a parts swap.

Don't worry, his penis is almost definitely optional. There are a bunch of promotional shots around without it. In fact, when I first became aware of Funan I saw those pictures, so one day as I was gushing about him with a friend over Skype and absentmindedly sending her photos of him, I did a double take because I noticed it. I think my exact words were "AHAHA OH MY GOD HE HAS A DEER PENIS". (I am easily amused and can be a bit immature, I will admit.:lol: It just surprised me. He's so stylistic and innocently cute looking, and Sio2's other dolls don't really have such noticeable secondary sex characteristics. Even Ragdoll and Burmilla, basically the only difference between the two is that Burmilla doesn't have a faint line between their legs to vaguely indicate a vagina like Ragdoll does.)

My family is long-suffering with my weird collection and I already have a bunch of plastic anime boobs and penises strewn about the house in my anime figure collection so the deer-taur having one probably isn't going to phase them, but I can see why most normal, well-adjusted people wouldn't want the dangly bits on display! :whee: He's not exactly "company friendly" that way, is he?

I know, I already weep for my wallet. Funan set me back A LOT already, and now I definitely want his brother, especially if he's a human. Honestly though, even if it were another deer-taur...I'd cave like a wobbly tower of playing cards.

8. Ahh I saw those photos on her blog as well but wasn't sure if it was going to made into a full fledged doll as sometimes she posts prototype renders that never make it into a doll or is produced as a garage kit figure; not doll. Hopefully it will be a doll though I do hope he will have 2 heads; one open eyed and one closed eye and I would love to know the size.
      As far as I remember, Sio2 has only produced dolls in white or normal skin. I'm not sure if it's due to the printer shop she goes to that makes her dolls or if it's a time thing since she continues to produce more dolls and attending bjd cons and concentrates on designing dolls rather than the actual resin.

Also I saw this photo on Sio2's social media and thought it was a great photo of all of them together!
      Left (ragdoll), Purple (Lipstick), White/Brown (ragdoll - astonished head), Blue (Burmilla)
      [​IMG]

#188 JellysFancy, Jun 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    9. #189 InMoreShines, Jun 20, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
    10. Awwwww I love this Brumilla! looks really close to Sakura Kinomoto <3
      [​IMG]

11. To whomever this may concern: I mentioned to Sio2 that a lot of people will be waiting for the horned demon girl, and they said that they're not sure if they will open international orders for her...

12. Oh jeez. No good. She'll still be available through Taobao etc?...

13. @InMoreShines Burmilla as a boy is adorable! Thank you for sharing. I'd be so tempted, but no, my wallet is empty. I'm just going to enjoy the pictures here until I can get back into collecting. Makes me wish I'd known about this artist releasing fantastic dolls a few years ago, so I could have not bought the dols I did, and just saved all my money. I guess it's never too late to sell them all and start over...

14. I LOVE! Boy Burmilla, and Sakura Kinimoto! MY ABSOLUTE favorite show! Look at how precious! I saw Sio2 had a sakura doll with her pigtails and sculpted hair and I'm so mad I didnt see it when she was released. Is the boy wig an option?????
      Man if I wasn't so broke from helping order Funan for @Nattou I think I might try and order a boy Burmilla....

15. Probably... I didn't ask, but I don't see how else they would sell her...

As for the boy wig, I mentioned that too (cause I ADORE IT and wish I could get it XDD). They said it's not available now because it's their first int pre order, and they want to make sure everything goes right. They might add extra options later on, once they know they can handle this.

16. Maybe if they see the possibility of opening the horn girl, they might?:dance

They didn't really share their dolls internationally before Burmilla though:aeyepop:From their facebook, Taolu is 1/3 size, Funan is 1/4 size, Ragdoll Burmilla is 1/6 size. It seems that you can track more SIO2 dolls on the artist weibo

They have genderless boyd for Burmilla, boy or girl style looks both great!
      I love the boy wig too! but they don't open the boy wig for him at this time.
      But the resin wig is removable, you can always put regular BJD wigs lol :hug:

#196 InMoreShines, Jun 21, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    17. Hopefully Burmilla does well enough they would do more international orders. If not at least if they sell on Taobao then I would have no complaints :D

18. thank you for the detailed post Nattou! i am glad to hear he has a second pair of hands since the ones in all the photos looked like they would be a pain to get through sleeves xD

would you say he is more of a slim mini size?

19. Congratulations @Nattou! Funan is a very cool sculpt! I'll be looking forward to seeing how you design his character. :XD: