1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sio2 Dolls

May 26, 2016

1. I actually own the CrazyBear Bleater JellysFancy speaks of. It’s a wonderful size and I love it! This is my little spirit of Grandma’s candy jar...I named her CandyPop.:)

[​IMG]

2. What a sweetie! A fitting name!

3. I looked through the last few pages and it seems there's been a bit of drama with this brand. Does anyone have any Sio2 orders ongoing? Any more problems with wrong parts or weird resin colours?

I'm looking to buy some of their creatures but between Etsy and Taobao I'm confused. On Etsy I can find Civet Cat (Sio2 Doll - Civet Cat in white skin) and Bleater (Sio2 Doll - Bleater in white skin). This would be the easiest way to order, but the shipping costs seem too high (I'm in Hong Kong and Etsy says they're based in Guangzhou, which isn't far away).

So then I went to look at the Taobao store at the start of this thread, and they don't seem to have Civet Cat at all. They have a cute doll not on Etsy, some kind of sheep/goat centaur girl (+SIO2+童话村系列BJD 羊咩咩兽体-淘宝网), but there isn't much info about her. I found her on another page with a pair of meat cleavers (https://world.taobao.com/item/550854575088.htm?spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0.51992c37oQJaQN) but I don't know if it's a legit site. They do have Bleater (+SIO2+童话村BJD羊咩咩道具/眼睛/武器/单头/配件(仅展示)-淘宝网) but the price makes me suspicious. I can't read Chinese but I got a friend to translate and she says the doll comes with loads of extras (the weaponry, slippers, long hair, something about a gorilla that doesn't make sense ...) and she's only ¥430. That's equivalent to Hong Kong $490, whereas on Etsy she's more than twice the price (Hong Kong $1050) and the listing doesn't mention any of the accessories coming with the doll.

Any advice? Sorry for all the links. I've never ordered from them and can't figure out what's trustworthy.

4. So I can’t answer the other questions since honestly I have never understood what was going on with Sio2 either, but I think I can at least explain the price.

Which is: the high prices are actually the dolls that are NOT available to order. The artist leaves the listings up in order to showcase their work, but changes the price to far beyond what it ever was to indicate the item is no longer available.
      The other listing could be a legit dealer, but unless the doll is among their stock already. they will not actually be able to get it for you, it is discontinued as shown by Sio2’s pricing.

5. Yes, I've seen things on Taobao listed as ¥99999. But the higher price is actually on Etsy - Bleater is Hong Kong $1050, which is US$135, which seems a pretty normal price for a small BJD.

I think the Taobao site is just plain confusing. Like at the top it says ¥999, equivalent to Hong Kong $1133 (similar to Etsy). But in the body of text it says the doll has been reduced from ¥510 to ¥430. And some of the options at the top don't make sense, even to my Chinese friend.

I'll probably end up messaging them on Etsy and see what they say. :/

6. Oh I see, my bad! I think I got mixed up over which listings were which - which kind of shows how confusing it all gets.

I hope you're able to get an answer! I should probably kick myself out of the thread haha, I ended up giving up on getting a doll from Sio2 when it just became excessively confusing over who made which sculpt or what even happened with that whole thing, along with what is or isn't actually available and how to buy it. :lol:

7. Yeah, my friend told me the listing for the centaur on Taobao (which is really basic) pretty much just says, we didn't have time to update with finished pictures, take your chance when you buy. Okay then ... There are some cute pictures of it searching on the web though.

8. Guess who came home with a fresh look from Enaibi? It's Niangao from Sio2! Enaibi did an amazing job at sculpting her mouth as well as her face up and eyes. They completely fits with her look and makes her look absolutely adorable! What do you guys think? Do you love her as much as I do?
      [​IMG]

9. Oh yes!!! She’s absolutely adorable!:D

10. I clicked the link you provided and went to the seller page, is this the listing you're looking for?
      Edit** There was a link here but i'm not sure if its the right store since its different from the one linked on the first page. (Though that one appears to deal for both Sio2 and 2Ddoll and hasn't updated for a while)

I have purchased Bleater from their etsy shop and they're pretty responsive to questions, so I hope they're able to make the shipping adjustment for you if it is easier to purchase through that route! Good luck!

#570 sleepinghazard, Jan 19, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    11. Isn't the Centaur a limited earlier release of Bleater?

EDIT:
      I don't know if they are an official dealer, but Stacypinkocean has some of the previous Bleater's listed and looks like she came with a bunch of extras at one point and the centaur version is listed here.
      But I think Etsy would probably be your best bet on getting a legit doll.

#571 Koma, Jan 19, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    12. sleepinghazard, I followed your link earlier and it's the second shop that's an official retailer for Sio2 dolls. At least, the first shop I posted (子迁他家) says something like only their store and the one you linked (二次元幻像) are proper sellers for Sio2. I'd tried searching for the second shop and not found it, so thanks! Hard to judge how "legit" they are, though, as any shop can claim to be the proper dealer for a brand.

I did email the Etsy shop with three questions but she only responsed to the one about the centaur. Yes, she was limited and is no longer available. Which is fine; I don't really want a centaur, I just love her horns. I didn't get a response about shipping costs or accessories for Bleater. *sigh* Maybe I'll wait and think on it.

13. Hey sorry I've only read your posts now. I've ordered from SiO2 multiple times before.

First, their Etsy prices are always higher than their China Taobao prices as they hire customer service to interact with customers, do listings, as well as a different service to ship internationally. Not only that but Etsy and Paypal fees also takes a cut thus they increased international prices.

Second, the body text does not change even after the items are sold out. On the item you are talking about, it WAS ¥510 when it was for preorder, however that doll is not for preorder anymore. Thus, for display purposes only, it has now been changed to ¥99999.

Third, the Bleater version. Beast was a limited pre-order that is not available anymore. The only way you can get him is now through secondhand market only.

Fourth, there ARE Bleater and Civet recasts on Taobao so please be careful when ordering.

Fifth, what doll are you trying to get? Sorry I'm a bit confused. Are you trying to get Bleater, Civet or Bleater ver. Beast? Are you trying to get the horns or accessories? They offered the accessories on their international website a year ago however, they have now discontinued that as they sell on Etsy instead.

14. I'm looking to get Bleater and Civet Cat. Got distracted by the centaur but it's not a must have. I also don't think I really need the weapons/accessories that came with Bleater, I'm just confused if they're supposed to come with the doll or are optional add ons or what. I didn't get a reply about that on Etsy. :/

I'd rather buy from Taobao if the dolls are cheaper. The shipping should be too (most Hong Kongers buy a bunch of Taobao stuff and have it sent to Shenzhen, then you pay a small fee for everything to cross into Hong Kong). But like you said ... recasts. So I'm trying to figure out what I can trust on Taobao.

15. The weapons and accessories have always been optional add ons. The only time they were ever included was when they first launched their international website Sio2Doll.com (which they have taken down as they moved to Etsy).

16. #576 du-hast, Jul 22, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2021
    17. @du-hast
      Wow, your Funan looks gorgeous and I like both wigs. ♡♡♡
      I still need to paint mine deer boy.

18. thanks :D i would love to see yours once he is painted!

19. I only have Bleater from their Etsy store and it was the easiest order I ever made, still have not painted her yet, but she is the cutest thing ever!

20. i would love to see pictures once you paint her :)