1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sister, Sister, Brother, Brother

May 8, 2017

1. I have twins, but I didn't plan it! they are Soom Heliot White Night Destiny male and female fullsets. I loved them both so much I couldn't pick just one, and since Heliot is one of my favorite sculpts, I got them both and ended up with twins :whee:

[​IMG]Soom Heliot White Night Destiny by AmberLeighsBJDs, on Flickr

2. right now i don't have yet a sibling kind of bjd but in the future i'm planning on getting twins.

3. My Iplehouse nYID Oscar and Justin are fraternal twins; Tyler (Oscar) on the left and Michael (Justin) on the right. They were planned to be from the same company, so that they'd have the same aesthetic and look as if they're related.

[​IMG]
      The Brightman Brothers
      by Sapphire, on Flickr

4. I have several sets of siblings in my crew... In each case, the dolls came from the same company and so share a very similar look.

That pretty much follows from the one and only hard and fast rule of my collection. Dolls that I plan to group and photograph together *have* to match in scale and sculptural style. They'll drive me bananas if they don't.

5. I have several sets of siblings, but the only set I've got together are my elves, Johanna and Guinevere. They're actually half-sisters, but since they share a sculpt they could pass for twins (they're both Fairyland Juri 2013 heads). And indeed, sometimes in the storyline they do pose as twins.

6. I have a few sets of siblings. Arieth (Dollshe Grant Phillippe) and Aeramin (Dollits Rey) are fraternal twins, and Malwen (Islanddoll Ivy) and Narise (Impldoll Simon) are sisters by adoption. I also have a brother/sister pair, but only have the brother shelled. I haven't found the sculpt to fit his sister yet.

7. I have a set of twins - same sculpt, painted differently, different eyes and hair (Bimong - Dandelion). My other siblings are from different companies (LLT - Red Dove, Anna Queen - Club, Rosen Garden - Rui). I think they look close enough to be related but each having varied features one might see in amongst siblings in real life.

8. One set of my siblings (triplets) are two Soom Zaks and one f60 lacrima, SO sometimes I keep them from the same company. Another set are not twins but have a similar figure, SO they'll both be on modded f60 bodies, one a Dollmore Kara Klum, The other...probably Also Dollmore. I also have two characters that had a kid (Soom gluino mechanical vampire and withdoll Adriana) whose child is *probably* a zaoll.

9. [​IMG]
      On the left Volks F59 - Saki, on the right Volks F63

The sculpts are very similar and I decided I wanted both. Hence, sisters.

10. I have three dolls who are a big family (A 21 year old, a 10 year old and a 5 year old) all siblings. I haven't touched on them in awhile but I will eventually. Then I also got twin sisters (the doll in my avatar is one of them.) Their fraternal twins they have the same face sculpt but are totally different in looks and even personality.

11. I have two pairs of siblings in my crew: Shiwoo (MnF Shiwoo) and Yukio (MnF vampire Shiwoo) are brothers, and Cerberus (MnF scar Shiwoo) and Orthrus (Plasticmoon Mr. Kitty) are brothers. :)

12. I have Glorydoll Lucy and Karen. Karen came to me first as a head purchased on Ebay. I had planned to change her face up but over time came to love its uniqueness. I regretted not buying Lucy before the company went out of business and she was a grail head I was searching for when one came up for sale on Ebay by one of my favorite artists. I always imagined Lucy and Karen as sisters side by side but they are so completely different painted that they don't work as siblings like I imagined. My Dale Zentner Tessa's on the other hand look great together to me as sisters.[​IMG]Two Tessa 4 clear by C. Pemberton, on Flickr

#32 Cherylsdolls, Jun 30, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    13. I have 2 half-brothers, 2 of a triplet set, a set of identical twins and a collection of brothers.

Moswen (AoD Chi, tan) and Tyhlian (OD Tae Vampire, NY) who share the same father. The identical twins are Moswen's grandkids, Vuchel & Vashin (RS Bao in WS and Dark grey). Jaiseki (AoD Min, NY) is one of the twins' fathers. 1 of Tyhlian's triplet brothers is Tohan (AoD Min, tan).

The collection of brothers is... loose in that they're all gods and consider themselves siblings but they have different parentage (they're gods and its complicated). Fei-Lau (DZ Edward, WS) is God of Winter Storms. Saraf (5Star Dark, dark grey) is God of Primal Flame & Lord of Metallic Dragons. Wu-Tyr (Dollshe Orijean, oriental) is God of the Depths. Rhas-Khan (Soom ID51 Gluino romantic, grey) is God of the Abyss. Ammiel (OD Il vampire, WS) is God of Perception. Ra-Sui (SD Vito Azrael skull head) is God of Decay & Guardian of Souls.

For the gods, they really cover a lot of range in both size and style of doll. But I also go with what suits them best and not any particular company or style.

14. Not with ones I currently own, but I have shells thought out for me and my friends' FNaF AU. For both sets of siblings I have picked out so far, they have sculpts from the same company! Johnny and Mike Schmidt both have Asleep Eidolon sculpts (Ann and Ted, respectively), while the phone brothers, Scotty and Skott Collins, have Little Monica sculpts (Haazel and Luke, respectively). Some of them I might not leave on the same bodies, though, unless I can deal with inaccuracies in height, of which Johnny is the main offender because dang that boy is the shortest.

15. I have a big brother and little sister. They're not from the same company but share identical eyes and hair colour.
      I'll try to post a pic tomorrow!