1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Skinny Dolls

Feb 15, 2018

1. I know- I looked at the blog section of their website and there is an ART competition where the main prize is a doll with face up!
      It's so tempting but I don't have time RN

2. I love them! Love pictures of them. But I kind of like where I’m at with my own dolls right now. But maybe in the future.

3. Yes i saw the competition, unfortunately it ended a year ago though:(:(:(

4. I'm an IDIOT! I forgot it's 2018 :o
      It is strange that there is no update after that post:(

5. Easy mistake to make! And another competition for a doll would be great indeed!!!

6. I love how much diversity the doll community has developed, and is still developing! Personally, my collection leans a little towards the uncanny valley - I love dolls that are just a bit too pale and thin, but aren't quite fantasy. One of my favourite bodies is the Doll Leaves ver I MSD body. Here's a quick comparison to the Luts Kid Delf body under the cut.

[​IMG]

7. I prefer to look on a delicate and slim body, lake Popovy Sisters dolld, they are breathtaking for me, but to keep in hands for playing something curvy and heavy!
      It is like a cats, somebody likes oriental cats, others persians, I like both!

8. I love both types of dolls too because it really just matters on the type of character the doll is but honestly I'm a sucker for those thinner bodies they just look so elegant especially when they have loads of detail :nosebleed

9. I personally really like the look I think it makes a character interesting

10. This is something that had me perplexed about BJDs for a while - the non-variety when it comes to body types... It's very basic most of the time, with only subtle differences. I wish more round and healthier bodies became a little more mainstream. :pout:

11. Slim is one thing, but the super-thin, incredibly bony bodies are very unsettling to me. I like bodies that look healthy.

12. I do like the thinner bodies, but not so thin that they're fashion doll looking.

I have never liked female dolls until just recently (I've been in the hobby 10+ years!). The change in heart was actually due to all of the different aesthetics that are available now.

With that being said, I like the small (almost non-existent) busts, with the more stylized hips and thighs. The little curves are so cute! Dollpamm comes to mind on some of my favorite doll bodies.

Doll Chateau's doll bodies are pretty, but the extra joints and jutting out bones are a little too skinny for me.

13. I'm a huge Doll Chateau fangirl, and I think I agree that I only like skinny dolls when they're super stylized and fantasy-esque. So I really love K body 11 but can't stand K body 18. The second one has more realistic proportions, so I find it a lot more troubling...The hip bones jutting out, ribs clearly visible look is only good when I intend to make a zombie or wraith-like character.

I think I just prefer interesting body types in general, and unfortunately the only break from mainstream standard of beauty (in this hobby and in media in general) tends to be disconcertingly skinny.

14. I like chubby dolls, :)

15. I agree entirely! I adore DCs highly stylized dolls, but the thinness of some realistic looking sculpts freaks me out.

16. I have to agree with @0bsequi0us : skinny dolls can look beautiful but I tend to find it unsettling when the doll has normal proportions and gets a very skinny look. To me this means that the character for the doll isn't healthy and I would feel bad owning/creating such a character since I also use my dolls to cheer me up and I want them to be happy at heart. - My opinion of course, doesn't have to apply to anyone else!

17. Not a fan, the chubbier the better for me! (Which is why the Volks DearSD body is like my dream body) Chubby dolls just feel much more substantial and have a bigger "presence." in your arms. Its hard to describe but slim dolls like Minifees just seem too much like fashion dolls in my eyes.

18. It really depends. I personally don't like it when the bones are showing too much, but I like dolls who're designed thinner than normal, but not with showing explicit how much rib bones they have, but rather that the dolls are more crafty/artistic and not skinny/anorexia/too real like.

19. I just got a Tender Creation Rachel and I am just so taken with this doll! She is amazing and I definitely want more. What other dolls are this size?

20. To me Iplehouse JID girl is a good shape. Fashion dolls for example look awkward to me, from what I've seen.