1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleetwealth Briar Discussion

Oct 29, 2008

1. Claywimmin, I got a Chicline El for Briar and immediately turned around and sold him. To me, his head was way too small. I'm going to order a Dollmore FMD for her in June. He's off topic on DoA. I did some cardboard cutouts that are pretty true to actual size and took some pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiggies2luv/5575475193/in/set-72157624150648303/

The shorter cutout in that group is Orientdoll Tae (or maybe it's Dae), who is almost perfect for Briar (and there may still be one on the marketplace). I just wanted an older look. . . Meanwhile I will scrounge through my files, I think I have a photo of Briar with El. I'll upload it and then modify my post to include it.

Ok, here are two photos of Briar and Chicline El, should give you an idea of how they might work together:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. Great, thank you Anita, they do indeed look very size-compatible!

3. No news about a possible rerelease of Briar (Elf or not)?

4. Im hoping to hear something too :(

5. Still no news on Briar lately? Does anyone have Anita's email address? I wouldn't mind sending her an inquiry to see if she's still planning on releasing her own casts of Briar (or elf Briar!) I've been so tempted by the Briar on the MP but I figured I should wait in case the elf Briar does wind up finally coming out.

6. I've been following her DA and her blog but she never posts news about Briar, just her sculptures. I hope she hasn't forgotten about the beauty and wonder of BJDs, or was too burnt out by the Dollfair fiasco that brought Briar's official sales to a screeching halt :(

7. This time last year I had a heartbreaking experience of trying to buy a Briar from Dollfair and was extremely lucky to get my money back but never saw the doll of course. I decided to forget about ever owning this lovely little doll, but 12 months later and I finally have a happy ending: I got to adopt a second hand Briar from a UK owner on ebay and I'm very happy with her. I will post pics of her when I have a chance to stamp my own style on her :)

8. AH, Vonbonbon, congratulations! I am so happy for you! :)

I have been waiting with bated breath for the artist to come back to the long-lost Sleetwealth Briar but it seems by now she has moved on to other things and forgotten about us here in the BJD hobby :(

I can't wait to see your Briar when you get the chance to post some pictures! Congratulations on finding such a rare and beautiful doll!

9. Thanks Anneke! I doubt Anita has forgotten, she is probably just caught up in other things and will return to Briar eventually. I think my case proves that good things really do come to those who wait! ;)

10. Awww, you're so right! Thank you for being so positive about it! It's given me new hope that someday I will see a new Sleetwealth Briar (tan elf!) being sold from a reputable vendor once more!

11. Congrats, vonbonbon!!! :) I feel quite embarrassed to say I actually saw that doll on eBay (at least, I'm assuming it was the same one; she came dressed and the face up was by the owner) ... but it never occurred to me to post in here. I think I was too preoccupied trying to figure out if it would be possible for me to afford her! - But at this time of year I just couldn't manage it. I'm just so glad you've finally got her after waiting so long, and so glad this Briar has found a home where she'll be loved and appreciated - happy endings all around! Looking forward to your photos, of course!!

Oh yeah, I feel sure it will happen; I think Anita was very badly hurt by the way she was treated by Dollfair, and just needs enough recovery time. A comment she made on one of my Flickr photos suggested to me she still has plenty of love there for Briar. I'm content to wait for her to be released again by a reputable dealer when the time is right ... she's just so beautiful I cannot believe she won't be back again. It has to happen - please!!:aheartbea

12. Ooops, sorry, post deleted.. blaming a senior moment!

13. If anyone's looking for Briar, there's one up on eBay at the moment. Opening bid of $400, which is pretty good; I think I paid $500 each for my girls. Wish I could go for this one, but alas! I have no funds to spare ... but anyway, good luck to whoever wants her!

14. There's a couple on the DoA marketplace too (mini dolls section).

15. Just popping in here a sec to share a photo and some clothing info. This is my Briar with her beau, an OT Dollmore FMD, Jeremy. Briar is wearing an Impldoll Child outfit which fits her PERFECTLY and is really cute on her -- and some Ellowyne Wilde heels, which improves makes her a bit taller for the 43cm Jeremy. She can wear some Ellowyne Wilde shoes, but some are too small. The wig is Elle from Jpop, size 5-6 and is a bit big but I think it looks cute on her.
      [​IMG]

16. Does anyone still have their Sleetwealth Briar dolls? I noticed almost all the photos in this thread are expired :)

17. I have mine, but I've never photographed her. I have had a very busy couple of years and my dolls are hibernating, lol! She's still one of my very favorites. I've sold most of my larger BJDs because of arthritis and I had to move to a very small house. Maybe by the weekend I can dig her out and share a few photos.I have a really difficult time sharing pictures here. I can't ever seem to get the right codes to post.

18. I would love to see her if you are able to :D Of course don't put yourself out over it, though :o That arthritis sounds awful :(

19. I will post photos of mine. I absolutely adore my Briar.