1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleetwealth Briar Discussion

Oct 29, 2008

1. What size shoes are you using for her, Jenifer? I love the princess gown!!

2. Thanks!
      The ones in the pic are my Yo or Bambi shoes. Her feet are slimmer, like Bambis. So I'm hoping to find some that are a little more mature and less rounded at the toe.

3. I've compared Briar to Tyler Wentworth, and she is actually quite similar in size. Tyler of course has a much larger head and wider shoulders, plus she is slightly taller and possibly has a bit more junk in the trunk. I would say Tonner clothing probably would fit on Briar, albeit a little looser in some areas. I think Briar is much more naturally proportioned, more like a real human than a fashion doll, although still a little bit idealised and stylised of course.

4. She is available right now as far as I know, from http://www.atnouveau.com/briar.htm

5. Oh don't feel too sorry for me becasue...
      A. I love this doll
      B. I love sewing for this doll and
      C. I'm only making a couple of things. Just to show off the versatilty of Briar!
      Speaking of which.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looked kind of plain...so I added a necklace and belt.
      [​IMG]

6. I've also been asked to sew a few things for Briar. I received a lovely tan doll to use as a fit model at about the same time Spampy got her doll, but my 3 month old son is getting a lot more of my time than dolly sewing these days! I have some other outfits started, but I had to put them aside because the things I finished just weren't perfect enough. I decided to make something simpler instead.

[​IMG]

Here's a closer picture of her face, for those of you thinking about adding a Briar to your home
      [​IMG]
      The paint is wonderful--but, if she were mine, she'd get some freckles! --Andrea

7. Congrats human_doll, you're gonna love her!

Here's an artsy pic of Darcie. You can see better how the Tyler sweater fits.

[​IMG]

8. I saw this doll at IDEX and she is just breathtaking in person. I was going to buy one (the edition of 20, along with some display OOAKs that armeleia painted were wonderful) but I don't think they ever went up for sale.
      My only wish is that she were more of a "standard" size like a slim-mini or even a regular fashion doll, but she is teeny compared to those. About halfway in between a Tyler and a Barbie I'd guess and a totally different in-between size to any other BJD I can think of.
      So I do hope the artist does another doll in a more usual BJD size. I'd buy one for sure.

9. Well... what can i say? This doll has the most beautiful face i've ever seen before. But she has absolutely unattractive hands. And one more thing - she was been polished in a very bad way and i can see a lot of unevennesses on her body. Why was the author so inattentive toward the body of the doll? She could be much more beautiful that she is...

10. Hmm, I think her hands are lovely. And I wonder which photographs of Briar you are referencing when you are trying to point out "polishing". What you are seeing as unevenness may just be the way the light is hitting the resin.

11. I see what people are saying about the uneven texture of her hands in the official photographs, but I think lighting might have a bit to do with it, and to me it doesn't look like anything that couldn't be easily remedied with some gentle sanding and blushing

12. I have some fun news to post - Briar made the cover of DOLLS magazine!! :D I painted this girl, made the wig and costume. I'm so excited to see her, can't wait to pick up the paper version of the magazine.

One of the OOAK Briars, Secret Garden Briar, was also featured in that issue. :)

Another OOAK Briar, Candybox Briar, was in the Doll Reader 2009 Debut of Dolls issue too!

Now that those are out, I can finally post a few of the pics I've been holding on to for months! I did all the sewing, painting, and wigmaking on these. I hate sewing, so I'm glad they're done. The best pics are in the magazines, obviously.... but here are some that didn't make it in.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      (This pic makes me laugh because she's just standing on my work desk!)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I haven't actually seen what the IDEX specials looked like all together... but I think Catrina is going to be offering some of them online. I don't know the details though. Maybe she can contribute some pics later.

I want one to make into an armored Joan of Arc for a friend, but no money. :(

13. Sorry it's been so long--thanks for the comments on the first dress!

Here's the outfit I finished this week, which is actually what I started, but it's gone through many changes (only the tights are the same as my original idea)

[​IMG]
      --Andrea

14. Ooooo what gorgeous Briars and clothes, I want them all!! I have to say her hand sculpt is not my favourite part, but I think that reflects the artist's background as a ooak sculpter rather than a bjd sculptor. I like that - Briar is different from the rest, and has a feel of a ooak sculpt to me and I really really hope I can get one this year :aheartbea

15. Armelia you do amazing work!!! I wouldnt have gotten the cover without you! I am stunned by your painting and clothing! Im really glad that people get to see her like this! I especialy love that red dress!
      Andrea yours looks great too the whole ensemble really creative. I was dyign to see her in your mixed retro prints!

To address the hands. They dont look as wonky and large as they do in photos, but I have to admit I wasnt entirely pleased with them either. Therese gave them a base coat and the doll I got back has smooth hands.

16. Hi everyone!
      I just returned from IDEX this past week, and working hard trying to dig out of the mountains of dolls, tables, bolts of fabric, lighting and all the other things I drove to Florida with....

Just a quick sneak peek of the IDEX Briars... which were called Captiva Briar.
      My photographs don't do them justice.. they were painted by Armeleia, and costumed by Ruth King. We have a small group of Captiva Briars which will go up for sale in the next day or so. I have to photograph each one's face.. since they are all different.

Also kudos to DOA's Spampy and Dolls Ahoy for their creative outfits.. I'll have more information on them soon too..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more in the next day.. we're taking pics as fast as we can. :D
      Catrina

17. Hi everyone!
      I am still taking pictures here.. whew~! But I found these really fun shots that were taken at 2 am as I was packing up the girls in steamer trunk trays. I was so happy with how they turned out and really proud of them! Armeleia's gorgeous faceups, and Ruth King's dreamy little dresses (my costumer) and Spampy's cool modern outfits -- guys, really you did such a fabulous job.

The idea for these "Captiva Briar" girls was that they were sea goddesses. I sat with Ruth and we chose two colors of a soft material and made the dresses reversible-- so you can change them back and forth as you wish from blush to beige. Since IDEX is held in Florida, I wanted them to have an exotic feel of the sea with a little art nouveau touch-- so they have soft crowns of cut gauze on their heads, waists, or golden ribbons at the hips. And we wanted each girl to be different and special in some way. So you'll see some of them have face tattoos.. and they are also in pinky white and tanned resins. I just love them and hope you enjoy seeing them too.

CAPTIVA BRIARS on the way to IDEX in FLORIDA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(more following)
      And we'll have them all up for sale soon. When we are ready, we'll let you know they are available.

18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for peeking!

19. beautiful!! I can't wait to get my Briar!

Could someone take a pic of a Briar next to an MSD for me, I have all the measuremetns but I really want to see her compared to others :)

20. They're all amazing! :aheartbea I love how different they look with their individual face ups.

Annefia!