1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Small or Short Boys - under 60cm

Jun 25, 2006

1. Oooh the glorydoll bodies look just the thing, thanks! ^_^ Now my only problem is the tricky issue of resin matches :sweat

2. 55cm Obitsu. ;)

3. Whether there are boys 50cm, or about that, growth?

4. I guess SD10 boys are 57cm?

The next closest are non-urethane options. They're made of the same (or similar) plastic as barbies called obitsu. They have 55cm tall boys. And 48cm tall girls, if you don't mind that. Other than it being easier to stain, lighter and to me have thinner limbs, I think they're alright.

5. hyschara Thanks :) my frient need for the new body for her AoD Chen. She want, that he will more tall than now :)

6. Yep...can confirm that the original Elfdoll boys came on a 58cm body. I have Wu on the old-style body...it's a nice body..muscular like a little bantam-weight boxer. The newer Elfdoll bodies are 62 or 63cm. A friend of mine has Mir and he definately seems lankier and slimmer than my Wu. If you want a Wu just for a Wu he's a wonderful doll...if you just want the body, than yes, his resin is very yellowish. If he were a real person I'd say that he was olive-skinned.

7. You said boy, but a lot of people modify the Zaoll girls (52cm) from dollmore to be boys :) Otherwise, the only 55cm boy I know of offhand is the Obitsu boy.

Good luck! :)

8. I hope to give this a little bump up to see if there's been anything new coming out recently that I might have missed :) Still on the search for two 50-55cm-ish boys (or girls modded to boys) to complete my crew.

Also, I've recently fallen in love with the new K-doll Kasis head and from what I can tell it's a bit petite, anyone know if it might possibly fit proportionally on one of the smaller bodies, perhaps the Junior Delf as it's a bit slimmer?

9. My guess is that the head height might be a little long for a 56cm doll, but on the other hand, luts is claiming their junior delfs have a 9in head while kasis is 8in. and K-doll does say their heads work on sd10 size. The biggest concern, I would think, is the head matching well with the width of the neck. There are comparisons with the delf and junior delf on the luts site and I *think* the main difference is in their arms and legs but I'm not certain.

I would suggest taking this question to the k-doll resin thread... maybe someone who has a junior delf can tell you how a k-doll might work with it.

10. Hello
      I have a soom gem called Namu he is pretty small when I stand or put him anywhere near any of my other boys. This is sooms photo of him -
      He is skinner than my boys too so can be so hard to find clothes for. I would say that he is very tiny in the hands, feet and overall size. I tend to keep him sitting as next to DIM sd, Bobobie sd, dollfamily sd size he is very small generally. He would make a great teenage boy. I do love my boy he is great but very feminine if thats makes sense!!
      hope this helps and happy christmas to all
      :gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman:gingerbreadman

11. So bumping this up once more in hopes there may yet again be something out there I have missed. The role of my shorty short boy has been assigned to an MSDoll head which is unfortunately a rather large head at just over a 9inch diameter and so it's getting really difficult finding a short body that isn't super slim/childlike like the Zaoll girls or the Junior Delf boys. I'd hoped either the DollnDoll or Glorydoll bodies would work but alas they also have rather narrow shoulders and would look strange.

So bumps in hopes for ANY other under 60cm body that might be a little more thickset and have wider shoulders.

12. LUTS Junior Delfs are shorter than 60cms too! :3

13. I wasn't sure to post this in Mini Discussion or Large Discussion as it's an in between size. I guess I'll leave it to the Mods. :sweat

Anywhoot, I'm trying to find out what companies/sculpts have boy dolls in the 50cm-ish range. I think 55cm may be too large but 43cm is slightly too small. :? Oy!

Any ideas?

Thank you.

14. Other than the Bobobie 50cm boy -- and the ever-popular "just mod a Zaoll" option -- I can't really think of any! :? However if you check Oceanmoon's schedule they are planning a release of a ~52cm boy this year. Also, I don't know much about Obitsu chest part swapping, but you might look into that as they do make 47cm and 50cm girl bodies.

15. On the subject of Obitsus - the male chestpiece will work with the 47cm body, but not the 50cm body, which is much slimmer than the other Obitsus. It would look more like a flat-chested girl than anything, though. Not really sure about 50cm Bobobie boy; if I remember, he was designed by someone else (a DOA member) and cast by Bobobie. I'm not 100% sure you can still get them, though it's always worth a look, of course. If it's not to your tastes, I'd recommend waiting for the Oceanmoon boy.

16. Hi, I'm looking to find a shorter male SD, perhaps around 55-58cm tall. The character I have in mind is a counterpart to another, the doll for which is 61cm, and he needs to be shorter. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

17. I'm interested in this answer too- I have the same problem. I thought about getting a girl body and modding it, but the character has a relatively solid, masculine build. I also thought maybe getting a 60 cm boy body and just... shortening it >.> I've seen a mod where someone took pieces out of the lower legs then apoxied ti back together so the character was shorter, but I think that was just barely a centimeter of different or so.

18. Dollmore Youth Adam bodies, I think. I don't remember what they are called again, but they are for the Kara Klum boy. It says that they are 63 cm on the site, but they are actually a fair bit shorter. More around 57ish cm.