1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Small or Short girls - under 60cm

Sep 4, 2005

1. Yay for Petite girls!

-Shinydoll have released a new version of the Thaasa body! The bodyline is smoother, I'm not sure if the posing is different.

The Thaasa II body is truly small. The feet fit large MSD shoes and SD10 clothes drown it ^^;

Nude causal sitting
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/babytarragon/DSCF1925.jpg

Nude 'right sitting'
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/babytarragon/DSCF1923.jpg

- Volks SD10 girls are really short, but chubby so they still weigh a lot!

SD13 boy is leaning, and SD10 girl has heels... Still a huge height difference!
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/babytarragon/DSCF0669.jpg

2. Hi.

I found out, so forget it :)
      --------------------------------------

Hi

"The Thaasa II body " who make this doll, its really lovely.

3. Hey, i have a normal urethrane resin zaoll luv from dollmore (one of their recent editions) However, keeping her limited does not bother me at all, since it is the head mold i had fallen head over heels in love with. The body, while gorgeous, is bothering me somewhat... its posability is very limited, it just isnt very flexible.
      Zaoll is small, about 52cm - if i wanted to replace the body for one with greater posibility, would i have any options? Her head is quite small so i dont know if a 60cm body would work at all...

SO to sum up - are there any companies that do slightly smaller than standard sd sized bodies (that are still feminine, ie, have a chest!) and are a fairly decent match to dollmore resin? I think its normal, tho she seems very pale...

4. I dont know if the resin matches but I would suggest souldoll, there girls are 55 cm and double jointed.

5. Yeah... ive been thinking about souldoll, but i dont know how much the knee joints would bug me.... they look quite ugly in the pictures

6. What about the DollsTown elf Soph body? It's supposed to be in between 45 and 60 cm.

7. Hi,
      I've had collections of tiny to slim mini sized BJDs, but I;ve recently started focusing on the larger sized girls. I noticed they are quite a different sized bodies even though they say they're 60cm...some are 53cm in height. I actually prefer the smaller 53cm girls better...maybe because I'm kind of petite myself. I have a AE (Asleep Eidolon) Yin, who's quite petite (slim & shorter), compared to other larger sized girls I've seen. I;d like to know if they're other ones similar to the shorter version of SD types like the AE girls. Anyone know of other companies that makes 53cm?

8. The two pretty Zaoll girls are pretty short. 54cm, I think. Check the Luts site, as they sell them.

9. Bobobie has two 50cm girls. Luna is very extreme anime. Lotus is more refined. Take a look.

10. I'm not sure if anyone said this yet but Zaoll girls are 52cm and can be found on Dollmore. And they have more mature faces than a lot of dolls similar sizes.

EDIT: Sorry, ha, ha...It has been said already...

11. Can anyone recommend a smaller 1/3 scale girl/woman body? Like, instead of the 58-62 cm range, more in the 55 cm range? I know I've seen one...somewhere! I'm looking for a smaller frame body, preferably with an immature or smallish bust.

And if you can post pictures or links that would also be great!
      Thanks!

Sorry! This was moved! I didn't see that there was already a thread for it. But if anyone has any new information that hasn't already been posted please do so- oh, and also if you could include a link to the doll company. Thanks!

12. Asleep Eidolon is pretty short, and petite for SD size. I'll try to get a picture of it later on along with Dollndoll Queen body, which is also shorter than others.

13. Ooh, would very much like to see that comparison!

14. The Zaolls from dollmore are small busted and 52cm.
      http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20061126100711

15. Here they are...The newer version of AE is a lot taller 58/59cm (which I bought from a lady in China), but the not too old, and still recent AE I bought from Mint on Card is short, 55cm. I actually prefer the 55cm body, even though the newer and taller version is beautiful. I'm thinking of selling the taller one and buying a smaller body for my Mu.
      [​IMG]

16. Great comparison! Also, which heads are those?

I was thinking of getting a Dollndoll body for my Zaoll head (rolling around at the moment lol) but at the last minute bought a second hand old type AE body. I think it was the right choice, it's so petite and cute.

cirquemom:Are you thinking of putting a Zaoll head on another body? I will have photos of that as soon as my type 1 AE body arrives. I've tried the Zaoll head on a Shinydoll body (also very short) and the fit was ok if something was used to fill the neckhole a bit, but the colour match was awful. I'm expecting the AE resin to be too yellow, the head is very pink after all.

If you want just a Zaoll head, you may be able to get one in a split as there are likely to be people who only want the body. I only ended up with a spare Luv head because I tried to sell her whole but someone really wanted just the body.

For the type 2 AE body, it's only just been released so Mintoncard are still waiting for their first shipment of them.

17. No- actually I have a shinydoll head that needs a body. I like the thassa body but it is just too pricey for me right now. But the head is so delicate I'm looking for a smaller body for it. I would want the smaller body (the 55 cm) but it sounds like the new ones are all bigger. Maybe I can find a used one. How do the AE bodies pose? I know nothing about them at all.

18. Ooh which one?? When my AE body arrives I'll plop one of my Shinydoll heads on it and do some posing examples for you. I have a suspicion the smaller body will be too small for a Shinydoll head, but we'll see. The resins match pretty well though.

I've owned a 1/4 body and I thought the posing was very good, nice and natural but lots of range with the double joints. I just hope the 1/3 body is as good.

19. AE 1/3 body poses great, except mine's strung super super tight...it came like that from the factory, so I wanted to loosen string a bit, but the cut off on the knot is cut where I cannot undo. I'll probably have to restring the whole doll. If you get lucky and get one that's not strung tight like mine, I'm sure it'll pose well. It's double jointed! By the way, the skin tone is not too yellowish..it's a lighter tone of yellow & pinkish. The newer one I got is very well strung and poses very well!

20. I think it's Nanae- but honestly, I can't remember for sure what the name is. It took me a really long time to decide which head to get! The head is about the same size as the Haruka head, which looks really great on the new 50 cm Obitsu body, so I think it would probably be fine on a 55 cm body.
      :)

Right now she's on a highly-modified 60 cm bobobie body which I modified for a specific purpose. It's fine, but is just a bit too big IMO. I'd like to keep that bobobie body for the original reason, but keep her head on a smaller body for general posing, etc.

[​IMG]