1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Smaller Jaime doll ...need !!!

Jan 8, 2008

1. Selmada, I ordred right from Jaime doll---

I would have waited, but they are a limited edition and wil not be made again, so the site says--the order closes Jan 25 or when they sell out.

Jenny

2. I just ordered pouty Aya too!! What a face!!! I ordered from Jaime-doll directly.

3. Hi folks,

I just ordered Ara (she looks a lot like a Lati Lea to me, but that just makes her all the more irresistible).

A bit of info for anyone who's interested...
      This is a time limited sale (25 days) rather than a quantity-limited sale.
      The new bodies are 15 cm compared to the original 18 cm Adonis bodies which was mentioned above, but the heads are the same size. I asked Jaime if the heads could be swapped from one sized-body to another, 'cause I also have Cristin, Vito and Joan (don't ask). Here's the response I got:

"the new Adonis body fits the fore Adonis heads (Vito, Cristin, Joan).
      and the new Adonis heads (Ara, Dino, Trudy) fit the fore Adonis body, as well.
      when the sale of special version products ends, the basic version dolls will be on sale.
      and that will also involve the fore Adonis dolls (Vito, Cristin, Joan),
      when you order basic dolls, you can choose between the fore body and the new smaller body."

So, to answer Lunameth's question, it looks like the smaller body will not just be for these special ed. heads, but as an ongoing basic body too.

Cheers,
      April

4. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I've always thought they were different sculptors. Lati dolls are sculpted by Yang Mee-hee for the most part, and Jaime dolls are sculpted by Lee Hyo-ju. it says that right on the website.

5. So it looks like we all ordered the same doll!!! She is so darned adorable. I can't decide if she is sad or grumpy. And she DOES look a lot like Lea, I hadn't realized that until now. Especially the sleeping face, not so much with the other face.

I didn't see ANYWHERE where it said how long for shipping. Hopefully they have some made up, ready to go!!

Jenny

6. I think you are right. But as an artist myself--I don't sculpt, I carve wooden dolls---I know for a fact that, when you learn from another artist, your work will look a LOT like theirs because you learn the same techniques, and the same way of doing things.

On the Lati website, the link for the Jaime dolls is at the bottom, and last night they DID have them for sale on their site. So it's not like Lati dolls are being ripped off or anything, the dolls are obviously sanctioned by Lati.

Jenny

7. I'm not disputing that, but we don't know if they were taught by the same sculptor or what their relationship is otherwise. They also carry Peakswood dolls, which have been around longer than Lati dolls.

8. Ooh, congrats to those that ordered! I was really happy to learn that the bodies will be continued and all of them will be released as basics. I'm torn between Dino and Cristin, but can't afford any dolls until after the wedding in May, so very happy to know they'll still be around!

Can't wait to see these little guys ^^ (Has anyone got any of the original Adonis line?)

9. I am excited because it doesn't appear that many people ordered these dolls, at least from DOA! I love so many dolls, and it seems like darn near EVERYONE has a PukiPuki, or an Unoa, but apparently there won't be a lot of these girls on the board. We will have to set up a special Ara thread when they arrive.
      Jenny

10. I am just surprised that Lati would have these dolls offered on their site if the artist was not with Lati to begin with...just wantng to start his or her own line and see if it flies, so to speak...

11. Not just an Ara thread! I don't intend to be getting Ara, but it would be nice to have a Jaime thread, I'd love to see all these little ones when they arrive.

12. I dont know the specific relationship of the individuals between Jaime Doll and Lati. I just know they are related. When Jaime was first launched, Lati posted this note on their board:
      "[ 2007-09-18 ] Entering Brand new BJD company, Jaime-doll.com

Hello, this is Lati.

We have a plan of entering Brand new BJD company,
      Jaime-doll In October, they have been prepared for a year.
      "
      I havent seen an Jaime doll in person but I love the pictures and have been staring at them since November. I like both the original and new sizes and I know that if I didnt go nuts with all the releases for Xmas, I'd have already ordered at least one of these. I love the 2 part torso and my Lumi would love a playmate her size too. I may still order one, but I'm really trying not to buy any dolls in January (I also want more Pukis).

13. OK since you seem to be knowlegable. IS the Ara pictured normal skin or the white skin that they are talking about. I like the one pictured. I haven't bought a doll yet, but Ara is sooooooo cute. I might spring for her. LaTi and Jaime sites say order through Feb 5 (I think is the date) won't sell that model again. I thought they meant that head. What do you think?

14. As has been said above (and I asked on the News thread if you want to check that out, or ask Jaime something yourself), the new heads are limited as full sets, but will be available as basic sets later on. All heads will have a choice of the 15cm or 18cm body.

She'd make a very cute first, Rosebud!

15. Those are pretty ebil...the wings...the cute...ebil, ebil...

16. IdontneedoneIdontneedone ....I dont !

17. You don't need one and you won't buy one--until you start seeing pics here. I speak from the voice of experience--I didn't "need" a Puki either, and now I have TWO on order...........
      Jenny;)

18. Almost bought Ara today from Jaime, but I got to the payment and it didn't have a credit card option? It said Paypall credit card or something. Has anyone bought with a credit card? Ara is limited so I thought if I really want her I should just suck it up and put on my credit card.

Actully my daughter bought me a Volks Yo-sd doll, but she hasn't come yet. I love Ara also. Just like your kids. Each doll is special

19. I think you can use CC on Lati site. They prefer it over paypal. Try it there.

20. Jaime said my order will be shipped the first week of Feb!! LOL, I was sitting here with the world clock on my screen so I could order Ara the second she went on sale--maybe I was one of the first orders! I am so excited, she is just an awesome doll--and those little wings just make me melt!!

Jenny