1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Smaller Jaime doll ...need !!!

Jan 8, 2008

1. Vito wears a size 5 wig. This is a very hard size to find, and I've only found a Kemper braided mohair wig in size 5. What I have done is use a size 5/6 Monique Gold Collection wig and shrink it by stitching parts of the wig cap together. It's kind of like taking tiny tucks all over. It was not easy to do, and not perfect, either. I also added moleskin to my Vito's head cap to make her head bigger. This helps hold the 5/6 wig on better, but now the wig that came with her (when she was a he!) doesn't fit anymore! Here is a photo of my Vito in a 5/6 Monique Gold Collection wig that I modified:

[​IMG]

And the Kemper braided wig in size 5, before I added the moleskin, along with LaTi Special Lumi in a non-modified 5/6 Monique Gold wig:

[​IMG]

I keep hoping that J'aime Doll will have more variety in their wig selection, since I really like long hair on my dollies.

Sabrina :kitty2

2. Hey Sabrina, your Vito is gorgeous with the long hair too...Infact she is so gorgeous I might just have to head on back to Jaime...again (bank balance shrivels away to nothing). I also like the long hair on my dolls.. I'll certainly look out for some size 5 wigs. As I'm realising the right hair really make the doll. The blue eyes on Vito are stunning, she really is very pretty and its nice to see these dollies looking even lovelier than they do on the official web site.

3. I love your Vito in that long dark wig, Sabrina! She's SO cute as a girl.

EDIT: OMG, I LOVE tiny Vito's little story, about trying on her big sister's shoes! Toooo cuuuute!

4. Hi Spirit, I would think they'd wear a size 5, because the Lati Yellow wigs that I have are a bit loose. Jenny might be able to confirm this for me though because I think she has extra wigs for her girl.
      The photo above is of my Trudy and is wearing a long wavy wig with a fringe from Cancan.
      I think my Trudy is a boy though. I bought her with the intention of her being a girl but the more I look at her, the more I see a sweet little boy who's mum doesn't want to have his baby hair cut...hence the long bobbed blonde hair!!!

5. She's gorgeous Sabrina, I particularly love this photo!

[​IMG]

6. i love their wings, i almost buy them but have to control myself and buy less... :(

7. Hi Dambuster, You know I see that in Trudy too, my baby boy (the human kind) is one of those whose mummy doesn't want to cut his hair and all think he is girl because of pretty eyes lol.. Trudy has a lovely face and I think like all tots could be beautiful whatever is dressed in..I am hoping my Trudy is a girl (funny I even asked Jaime is Trudy boy or girl and asked for mine to be sent with Aras wig and clothes as I thought looked like a little boy on webpage) but will wait unit little Trudy arrives. It was so nice to see real pictures of Trudy, really lovely doll and am soooo glad I ordered, I will post pics when she gets home. Thanks I will check out Cancan and maybe order size 5 long wig for my little girl.

8. Has anyone got one of these cuties, on either body, and a Pocket Fairy as well? I'd love to see a comparison.

9. I kind of wish that I got one as a baby sister for my Lati Yellows :-)

10. I'm really loving these dolls. I keep staring at the site, and wondering if I can choose just one

11. I did it! Small body Cristin is coming to my house. If you're interested in ordering a Jaime doll, the site is open for orders NOW!!!
      Yippeeee!

12. And small body Joan is coming to my house! :fangirl:

Sabrina :kitty2

13. I knew it would only be a matter of time before my finger slipped and Vito in tan came home
      I orderd the smaller body ...gorgeous ...cant wait to make for this little one

14. Congratulations to all those with index fingers that just fell on to the 'add to cart' button!!!!! You're not going to be disappointed!

15. These dolls are soooo cute!! I'd love one, but not enough ££ right now :...( Just calculated with shipping and two wigs, price is approx £160, and I have roughly £40 saved right now... hmmmm.... works out way to earn extra ££

Some extra long wigs have been added for sale now for those wanting them :)

16. dambuster-
      your Trudy is adorable...I love the smaller body.

with all this finger slippage at the Jaimie site I best not go there today...maybe this summer, lol
      looking forward to seeing all the new kids
      xxoo kate

17. Thanks Kate, I'm really pleased with him, he's settling in very well!:whitetruffle

18. Oh my - I adore the little Ara with the smaller body - how cute are they all? Congratulations to those who've ordered today

19. I wish my Limited Ara would ship. It's been over a month since I ordered. Anyone else order from LaTi? Lati said that it would ship last week, that they didn't have my doll yet from Jaime. I'm going to have to use paypal next time.

20. Now I am working on her clothes!
      Jenny[/QUOTE]

She needs clothes? I thought she looked so cute, especially in that last pic, with just her skin. The wings are adorable. I love the lambs wool wigs. They seem to have a more natural curl than so many wigs on the market.
      Kj