1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Smallest Dolls

Jul 30, 2018

1. I love the tinies! I've decided to stick to dolls only slightly larger than YoSD and under.

My very tiniest is a Dream High Studio Doty the ladybug DREAMHIGH studio , who's only 6cm.

I have quite a few puki and Lati white sized dolls, and as much as I love them there are some drawbacks: it's more difficult to find wigs and shoes for them, and there aren't nearly as many clothes for sale for them as for Pukifee/Lati yellow sized. Also I find that fabric can be a little bit too thick for them, causing their arms to stick out a bit upwards, away from their sides. And they're also a bit fiddly to dress. But their tiny cuteness totally makes up for these drawbacks.

The YoSDs are a nice size I find. Small enough to be easy to handle, but big enough to have detailed outfits, and definitely easier to dress than the smaller dolls. The only downside I find is that they take up a lot more space.

2. Dear MoniqueXplorer, hello. I am new so I am just reading your posting from a while back. I am curious; which doll did you get?

I am thinking about getting a Latidoll Yellow Lea.

3. Hello Owl Queen,

I own Pukifee and Tiny Delf which are about the same size as the Lati Yellow line. They're a great size for portability and they look so very adorable while still fitting in your hand. Not a bad choice.

I also owned smaller dolls such as a PukiPuki and while I totally loved and gushed over them I did end up selling them because they were the size I picked up the least. They're awesome if you want to transport them in your pocket, they take up no space at all.

I also own several YOSD and while they're less portable than the Lati Yellow they can also still sit in your hand. If you have a backpack or a big purse they can also still fit to go on travels with you without needing a dedicated BJD bag. As for cuteness it's all about the styling but they still look so adorable and they're certainly in my top three of favorite sizes.

I usually switch between Lati Yellow and YOSD size for traveling with me to work. The Lati Yellow are the easiest and most adorable desk mates but the YOSD seem to draw more attention (a negative for me) and they're easier for a quick cuddle.

Either way you can't go wrong. If you're like me and have no collectors around to show you their dolls then it's worth taking the leap. I don't regret having owned almost all sizes at one point before reviewing them and deciding which ones weren't for me.

4. The smallest BJD I own is 1:24 scale, a Cherry sculpt by the artist Solersart. She's well worth it to me, not only because the 1:24 scale family dollhouse I inherited has an inhabitant now, but also because she can be a BJD for any of my other BJDs.

5. Dear Siara, hello. Thank you for this information. I am still learning about BJDs. I keep going on websites and looking at them. Of course that can be dangerous (laugh).

I think that the Pukifees are cute. I have not seen the Delf dolls. I will do a web search for them.

My Iplehouse BID is YOSD size, I think. Thanks for sharing.

6. Tiny Delfs are very cute. And it seems that the basic ones are continuously available unlike the Lati Yellows that can only be ordered during specific ordering periods.

Here are my tiny Delfs Hansel and Gretel:

[​IMG]Gretel is here at last! by spih_2, on Flickr

#26 spih, Apr 8, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    7. Dear Spih, thanks for sharing the photo. The dolls are so sweet. I love Gretel's eyes. Hansel looks like a happy little guy.